• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I went thru the active ck2 mods and only checked those off in the converter

here are the logs from the other two saves with the same modlist that successfully converted.
I have not had any mod on that I haven't achieved a successful conversion with previously.

I would also like to thank you guys because this is the first major issue I have had with my many uses of the converter with me recently completing my first ck2 to hoi4 mega campaign.
Thanx, that was useful. So, lemme introduce you to:
1607539877802.png

A mighty king for sure. Let's look at his flags:

1607539854142.png

Now, that can't be right. This is an example of mod-related save corruption. Edit the save and delete that line in the middle and retry.

Man, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time, but I am a little disappointed. I never use mods for any game, but decided to try this over the official converter.

I was Mongolia and I own all the DLC for CK2. Ironman, not that it makes a difference.

The differences between the official conversion and the mod are really astounding and actually change my game a lot compared to the official one. I notice the mods file is smaller.

In my CK2 game, France is gone....finished. Only the HRE and British empire exist (they own France and England and Scandinavia as danish. When I convert with the official converter, my religion branch is the same, British empire and HRE is there, everything is ok.

However, when I use the mod, France is created??!? HRE is all broken up (which I guess is ok) and my religion is a different branch? Also now I am green instead of the purple from, CK2 (the official makes me purple).

I thought this mod was basically the same as the official converter, but with improvements. I am a bit disappointed. Is it just not finished? Is this intended? I really want to do a mega camp. I don't want the converter changing anything, I just want the converter to import all the settings from CK2 better than the official one.

Attachments

• Converted_Mongolia1453_01_02.zip
    7,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Ironman_Mongolia.zip
    26,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Ironman_Mongolia_eu4.zip
    6,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Man, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time, but I am a little disappointed. I never use mods for any game, but decided to try this over the official converter.

I was Mongolia and I own all the DLC for CK2. Ironman, not that it makes a difference.

The differences between the official conversion and the mod are really astounding and actually change my game a lot compared to the official one. I notice the mods file is smaller.

In my CK2 game, France is gone....finished. Only the HRE and British empire exist (they own France and England and Scandinavia as danish. When I convert with the official converter, my religion branch is the same, British empire and HRE is there, everything is ok.

However, when I use the mod, France is created??!? HRE is all broken up (which I guess is ok) and my religion is a different branch? Also now I am green instead of the purple from, CK2 (the official makes me purple).

I thought this mod was basically the same as the official converter, but with improvements. I am a bit disappointed. Is it just not finished? Is this intended? I really want to do a mega camp. I don't want the converter changing anything, I just want the converter to import all the settings from CK2 better than the official one.
1. You have not uploaded your log.txt for each of the saves.
2. You have not demonstrated in detail, preferably with screenshots, what is wrong.
3. Converters are never finished, obviously.
4. You are free to mod the conversion to your liking.
5. And seriously, color? Change it to whatever you like.

1. You have not uploaded your log.txt for each of the saves.
2. You have not demonstrated in detail, preferably with screenshots, what is wrong.
3. Converters are never finished, obviously.
4. You are free to mod the conversion to your liking.
5. And seriously, color? Change it to whatever you like.

Sorry, I uploaded the original save from CK2, the official converter save, and the non-official save. I can include screenshots. eventually.

I thought that might be able to help because I support this project. You would be able to see for yourself, I'm not a mod person I don't like to mess with code.

Official Converter screenshots:

2020-12-11 09_17_12-Europa Universalis IV.png

2020-12-11 13_12_15-Europa Universalis IV.png

2020-12-11 13_10_50-Europa Universalis IV.png

As you can see, most is untouched from my CK2 game.

un-official converter:

1607714020147.png

1607714050387.png

1607714080380.png
1607714088068.png

Im just basically wondering why so much changes with your mod over the official, when the first page itself says it does what the official converter does and much more. Maybe its some settings I did wrong or something but Im pretty sure I went through them one by one and made it vanilla as possible. I figured your guys mod just added extra stuff, not change too much of the game.

I just sorta roleplay dynamically while trying to take as much land as possible, thats why how I play paradox games. I was just under the impression this mod improves, not changes the game.

As for the color, asking me to change something like that kinda defeats the purpose of a mod doesnt it? Im not into using mods for any game, I wouldnt even really consider this a mod. I dont like messing with code, why would to tell me to do that when it you tout the mod is better than the offical? Guess what, the official at least keeps the colors correct.

I support your project, cause to me....paradox is dropping the ball not having native support for this as its obviously one of the most sought out things to do with the game but I digress, here are the issues.

France is there, why? HRE is broken up, Why? Stuff like that.....

My religion is different (althought it could have changed with my last character in ck2) i tried to stay the bear branch the whole game in CK2 so im pretty sure i was that.

Why am I a duchy? in official I am kingdom

I mean, its still a pretty good conversion, but just wondering with the differences.

Attachments

• log.txt
    18,1 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, I uploaded the original save from CK2, the official converter save, and the non-official save. I can include screenshots. eventually.

I thought that might be able to help because I support this project. You would be able to see for yourself, I'm not a mod person I don't like to mess with code.

Official Converter screenshots:

View attachment 661248
View attachment 661249
View attachment 661250

As you can see, most is untouched from my CK2 game.

un-official converter:

View attachment 661266
View attachment 661267
View attachment 661268View attachment 661269

Im just basically wondering why so much changes with your mod over the official, when the first page itself says it does what the official converter does and much more. Maybe its some settings I did wrong or something but Im pretty sure I went through them one by one and made it vanilla as possible. I figured your guys mod just added extra stuff, not change too much of the game.

I just sorta roleplay dynamically while trying to take as much land as possible, thats why how I play paradox games. I was just under the impression this mod improves, not changes the game.

As for the color, asking me to change something like that kinda defeats the purpose of a mod doesnt it? Im not into using mods for any game, I wouldnt even really consider this a mod. I dont like messing with code, why would to tell me to do that when it you tout the mod is better than the offical? Guess what, the official at least keeps the colors correct.

I support your project, cause to me....paradox is dropping the ball not having native support for this as its obviously one of the most sought out things to do with the game but I digress, here are the issues.

France is there, why? HRE is broken up, Why? Stuff like that.....

My religion is different (althought it could have changed with my last character in ck2) i tried to stay the bear branch the whole game in CK2 so im pretty sure i was that.

Why am I a duchy? in official I am kingdom

I mean, its still a pretty good conversion, but just wondering with the differences.
So, let's go issue by issue.

1. This is not the official converter. It does as much as the official one does - and then does much more. However, it does not do the same stuff in the same way as we have no access to in-memory game state of a running game. Nor do we need it, our solutions are just different.

2. We changed as much as was necessary. If you dislike the amount of changes we do, you should either get familiar with the host of setting files in configurables/ folder where you can tweak virtually anything, or just use the official converter.

3. There is no such thing as "vanilla conversion". Every converted game is different and how we convert a game is entirely up to the users and they willingness to tweak the settings.

4. No, asking the user to change something as trivial as the color does not defeat the purpose of the entire converter. Mongolia in EU4 is green. Thus when converted it's green. If you dislike the green, change it in Mongolia's history file. It's literally a one-line edit.

5. France is there because the title exists and is a powerful vassal of whomever holds the great britain. If you dislike having powerful vassals set autonomous (which official converter does as well) then open console, disable it in configuration. See image below, option at center bottom.

6. HRE is broken up because you told the converter to break it up:
1607720435054.png

7. State religion is defined by the ruler's religion. How religions are converterd is again defined in configurables/ folder, see religion_map.txt.

8. I don't know why you're a duchy, but it's possible it stems from government reforms.

Overall, it seems to me every single issue you have is WAD. To prevent further confusion, here is the wiki page so please read up on how generally conversion is done. Coupled with the converter being open-source and anyone being able to look at the code, it's more information that you'll ever get from the official converter.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your responses and I appreciate the hard work. I never thought there was a problem with the mod, I was just questioning why the results were different from the official, just for the record.

If I decided to do this playthrough with the official converter, would I still be able to use the save to convert into vicky 2?

Thanks for your responses and I appreciate the hard work. I never thought there was a problem with the mod, I was just questioning why the results were different from the official, just for the record.

If I decided to do this playthrough with the official converter, would I still be able to use the save to convert into vicky 2?
Try converting and see. Official converter hasn't been updtated, except cosmetics, since 1.25.

There seems to be a bit of a mismatch with cultures in my save. While all the north African and Middle-Eastern cultures are Coptic on the map, about half the advisors I can hire from those cultures are Sunni. Also while my rulers were all Egyptian in CK2, they somehow flipped to Tuareg in EU4.

I have it there
The launcher is buggy and can enable a wrong playlist. Do you have any other playlists? Otherwise I am not sure if there is anything we can do - the mod is there and looks fine, but the newest launchers fail to load local mods across all pdx games.

Just a question: I'm assuming in order for the converter to work the game will have to end at the CK2 end date, correct?
No, you can convert whenever, but technology in EU4 will start progressing only at 1450s, as usual.

1.0 Este
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
FOR CK2 [3.3] AND EU4 [1.30]

Less Bugs Release

This release combines many smaller patches and fixes, and compatibility with incoming mods, namely HIP/SWMH which (although still work in progress) should nominally be supported now. Work on WTWSMS is still in progress, but some of the data files are now updated.

Hotfixes
  • Bug where colors were not loaded for titles that had minus in their names.
  • Random bugs with Empire shattering fixed.
  • GFX sets are now properly assigned.
  • Some special countries were not loaded, so this is now fixed.
  • Fixed reading of localizations that sometimes dropped a lot of them.
  • Fix for broken reading of incoming mod province files.
Coldfixes
  • Age of Reformation now triggers in 1594 if no Reformation ever happens.
  • Kamchatkan tribes are no longer purged if Siberian purge option is enabled.
  • Pagan rebels are no longer missing, and pagan relationship with cults is fixed.
  • Welsh no longer use Spanish ideas.
  • Fix for missing visibility/discovered status of seas around Europe.
  • some religions reshuffled to map in a better way, donatism added.
Enhancements
  • Compatibility with HIP/SWMH province mappings, cultures, religions, governments and tags.
  • Compatibility with WTWSMS religions.
  • Helenic deities have new images
  • Culture groups should now have the same colors as in vanilla EU4.
  • Reformed pagans now have dynamically generated religions according to tenets they chose.
  • Tana/Azov mappings are fixed a bit.
  • Random minor missing mappings and mismaps have been fixed.
  • Monarch names are now read in a saner fashion, hopefully eliminating bugs.
Misc
  • Fronter localizations are now fixed to not include nonsense.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: