• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hi first thing first this converter really great! the culture become more diverse like vanilla EU 4, i tried the Crusader Universalis bookmark and i see that technology wont progress at all until i assume normal 1444 bookmark is it intended? the thing is protestanism happen around 1420 in my game and now age of discovery will be gone without anyone leaving their continent
Yeah well. If you want to play 14th century I'd suggest 1356 mod, otherwise this is really intended to be used for 1440ish conversions.

Yeah well. If you want to play 14th century I'd suggest 1356 mod, otherwise this is really intended to be used for 1440ish conversions.
haha yea i feel like i cant ever finish full playtrough on ck 2, 700 years man. I already got good world state so im rushing for the converter, thanks for the suggestion ill try integrate this mod with my converter game

haha yea i feel like i cant ever finish full playtrough on ck 2, 700 years man. I already got good world state so im rushing for the converter, thanks for the suggestion ill try integrate this mod with my converter game
1356 is smart. They hook catholicism reform desire into hussite spawn (way before 1.30 announced this), and then reset it, giving it more time in discovery age. We cant do that, one may convert 769 or 1444, it's all variable. But personally, I enjoy a solid 1066 to 1380s game, convert and bite the 60 extra years of reformation age.

1356 is smart. They hook catholicism reform desire into hussite spawn (way before 1.30 announced this), and then reset it, giving it more time in discovery age. We cant do that, one may convert 769 or 1444, it's all variable. But personally, I enjoy a solid 1066 to 1380s game, convert and bite the 60 extra years of reformation age.
true, i had tried integrate my game and its mostly working will check some event and change some tag to fit my current world, the new feudal ages fit start of my crusader universalis, also import realm outside ck 2 now i got viking on newfoundland, pretty neat mod, id reccomend it for people who convert early

Hi. I am trying to import my save using the capet build because barcelona keeps religion flipping countries and doesn't import my great works even though they are lv4 & active (tho i have a lot of them ,or it might be a county name issue) And the converter log seems to say it's get stuck on fixing duplicate names. I was able to import this save before but i have been editing it a bit to clean the map a little, and it stopped working.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• log.txt
    34,4 KB · Views: 0
Hi,
I am organizing a game which will play till hoi4. And during the conversation form ck2 to eu4, I limit the development to 400.
I want to ask how development work when multiple provinces in ck2 convert into one province in eu4. Will they sum up or just average up.

Hi,
I am organizing a game which will play till hoi4. And during the conversation form ck2 to eu4, I limit the development to 400.
I want to ask how development work when multiple provinces in ck2 convert into one province in eu4. Will they sum up or just average up.
Neither. Only one of them becomes the canonical source for dev, religion and culture. And ownership, obviously. It's the highest dev one (unless the oponents have two and they outdev it, but these cases get messy for multiple reasons when fighting for ownership), though certain factors override dev, such as wonders, capitals or hre capital. But even then a hyperdev province can win in the end.

Hi. I am trying to import my save using the capet build because barcelona keeps religion flipping countries and doesn't import my great works even though they are lv4 & active (tho i have a lot of them ,or it might be a county name issue) And the converter log seems to say it's get stuck on fixing duplicate names. I was able to import this save before but i have been editing it a bit to clean the map a little, and it stopped working.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
Thanx for the report. Try with the latest capet build.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, I tried to convert a game from CK2 to EU4. It stops converting and says that:

2020-06-09 12:34:33 [ERROR] Superregion's eastern_europe_superregion region restrict_charter does not exist!

Hello, I tried to convert a game from CK2 to EU4. It stops converting and says that:

2020-06-09 12:34:33 [ERROR] Superregion's eastern_europe_superregion region restrict_charter does not exist!

I was about to upload a log but I just got the same error at 51%.

2020-06-09 05:07:45 [INFO] -> Initializing Geography
2020-06-09 05:07:46 [ERROR] Superregion's eastern_europe_superregion region restrict_charter does not exist!
2020-06-09 05:07:46 [INFO] Converter exited at: 48 seconds.

I was about to upload a log but I just got the same error at 51%.

2020-06-09 05:07:45 [INFO] -> Initializing Geography
2020-06-09 05:07:46 [ERROR] Superregion's eastern_europe_superregion region restrict_charter does not exist!
2020-06-09 05:07:46 [INFO] Converter exited at: 48 seconds.

Seriously guys. Its been out for what, 3 hours and you expect Emperor 1.30 compatibility? In due time.

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So I know that the converter itself isn't compatible with Mac but could I, say, convert my game on a Windows computer and transfer the mod to Mac? Idk if I sound stupid right now because Im not too well-versed in modding, but if I could play the game on my Mac like that, that'd be perfect.

Can't wait for the next update. I know it's gonna be great. Keep up the good work y'all :)

So I know that the converter itself isn't compatible with Mac but could I, say, convert my game on a Windows computer and transfer the mod to Mac? Idk if I sound stupid right now because Im not too well-versed in modding, but if I could play the game on my Mac like that, that'd be perfect.

Can't wait for the next update. I know it's gonna be great. Keep up the good work y'all :)
Well, we did have some success compiling EU4ToVic2 on a Mac and running it, but newest version of OSX no longer can run Vic2 (it's a 32bit program), so the testing stopped. We never tried compiling this on a Mac specifically, but it does compile for Linux as a matter of course and we take great pains to ensure it's generally cross-platform. If you have any experience in coding we could use someone to help us build Mac versions.

As for your question, yes it's trivial. Either just copy the produced mod and ensure everyone has it, or publish it yourself on Steam and have your friends subscribe to it (just please keep it private to reduce the spam of those mods).

• 1Like
Reactions:
1.0 Capet
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
FOR CK2 [3.3] AND EU4 [1.30]

We've been holding on for 1.30 release, so the list of updates grew quite large. Here are the most important ones:

Conversion Features and Fixes
Sunset
  • Sunset can now be toggled as an option during conversion.
  • Sunset has been reworked from ground up. High Americans have an already reformed religion, will be able to build ships, and will most certainly be able to spawn institutions. Expect them to be quite a challenge, unless Incas and Mayans die in mutual clashes, seeing how they are historical rivals (and they have no one else to rival anyway).
Shattering
  • You can now provide a targeted list of empires to be shattered in shatter_empires.txt and enable it in the converter options. This is highly advised in case your CK2 game ended in a bunch of megablobs.
Country Names
  • Instead of tying dynasty names for countries to religion, we've remapped it to use cultures instead, with a handful of exceptions. In case of a Christian Turkish Capet ruler of Persia (actual example from saves), expect to see "Capet" nation, with probably a few "Capet Arabia" or "Capet Egypt" countries as PUs.
  • When several countries shared the same name (d_bohemia separate from k_bohemia), we now generate new names to differentiate them - Greater Bohemia, Lesser Bohemia, etc. Up to 5 variations for the same name are supported.
Cultures
  • Cultures have been painstakingly checked and tweaked. Specifically German and Italian culture are better differentiated outside their home regions. Rome will remain Umbrian.
  • Turkish and other asian cultures have received tweaks and differentiation.
  • Roman culture will now correctly break apart across the continent (and outside of Europe).
  • Tartars, Jews, Africans, cultures all across the board have been polished.
  • Wrongly mapped ex-burman cultures have been correctly moved into tibetan group.
Religions
  • All religions have reformed and unreformed variants.
  • Unreformed pagans can reform by taking a decision once they control all 5 Holy Sites, even in EU4 timeline.
  • Tengri from far east (outside CK2 scope) will unreform, regardless of the state of Tengri in CK2 scope.
  • The bug with countries and rulers defaulting to their historical dynasty religion has been corrected.
  • Buddhism (Theravada) has been split into Theravada and Vajrayana along geopolitical lines.
HRE Electorate
  • Instead of choosing electors at random, converter will now attempt to assign electorate seats to CK2 electors, if at all possible.
  • Bug where free cities could become electors has been fixed.
Government Reforms
  • A large amount of effort has been invested so that countries, according to their laws, rulers, geographical position, culture, religion and features, would start with an appropriate starting government reform. However, these reforms do not include the new ones introduced with 1.30 patch.
Development
  • Converter now offers an option to retain EU4 vanilla development, which is quite necessary for very early conversions where entire world will otherwise be a swamp.
  • Development has been eased from 12 to 10 buildings per dev point. Baronies themselves are still worth 0.3 dev each.
Provinces
  • We missed a few of the provinces introduced post Holy Fury and have now mapped all CK2 3.3 and EU4 1.30 provinces.
Dead Cores
  • We now distribute dead cores of primary cultural nations, unless those exist as extant countries. For example, if Scandinavia eats France, you can expect to see French cores in french provinces, so the country may be released during EU4 timeframe.
Siberia and Africa

• Converter will no longer purge those Siberian tribes with more than 5 provinces as they are no longer insignificant.
  • Saharan passes are now sterilized to separate african primitives from predatory countries of northern africa. This gives them time to develop and prevents immediate blobbing into subsaharan africa.
  • Passes will not be cleared if a nation already holds both ends of a pass.
Frontend
  • The old Frontend program has been replaced with a brand new one, called Fronter, which does everything the old one did as well as display conversion progress. Yay, a technological leap! Backwards! From C# to C++!

Aside for these, many minor under-the-hood fixes and patches were implemented, as always.

CapetReleaseBanner.png
The windows_development_build supersedes this release and is built whenever a feature is added, dynamically. You can get it here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Could you please add ability to choose which mods are used in converting because at this moment converter uses all possible mods and my converted test runs looks weird.

Reactions: