• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still didn't.
I'm unsure because non-dejure hierarchy titles that are just slapped on someone can't break down cleanly across dejure land, which is what's required for a proper hre (provinces dejure in some empire we're shattering).

Well, try and please report back.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I tried it using the caliphate duchy title(wich is the one used by the caliphates ingame) and it didn't converted with the hre mechanics nor fractured, so I guess we only can use this with dejure titles that have land.
Mmm yes, as I expected. Well then, now we know.

Thank you for reporting this bug, which should now be fixed. Please redownload the converter and retry.
It works great now, thanks!

One more question though: Is it in any way possible to have some of my monarch's children - preferably the heir that already has the most votes (Imperial Elective) - also become my heir in EU4?
For some reason, despite the fact that I have about 8 adult heirs in CK2, the EU4 game generated a newborn character as my heir, while my emperor is 64.

It works great now, thanks!

One more question though: Is it in any way possible to have some of my monarch's children - preferably the heir that already has the most votes (Imperial Elective) - also become my heir in EU4?
For some reason, despite the fact that I have about 8 adult heirs in CK2, the EU4 game generated a newborn character as my heir, while my emperor is 64.
No, sorry, elective governments are very messy and don't record much of the info we need in a manner that's accessible to us. sometimes we manage to read the correct heir, oftentimes not. If you dislike your heir, edit the mod and add an heir yourself to your country's file.

How come nobody mentions the following:
"----
REQUIREMENTS
----
CK2 - Conclave DLC active
EU4 - Dharma DLC active"

I mean, here I am asking myself "Do I want to buy Dharma just so the converter will work?"

And I've used the converter without Dharma on EU4 - it crashes. So it seems fairly "required" to me.

I mean, don't you think people should know that? Like, you've got a snappy FAQ, but not once does it mention, "oh yeah, buy Dharma and Conclave, or it won't work"

How come nobody mentions the following:
"----
REQUIREMENTS
----
CK2 - Conclave DLC active
EU4 - Dharma DLC active"

I mean, here I am asking myself "Do I want to buy Dharma just so the converter will work?"

And I've used the converter without Dharma on EU4 - it crashes. So it seems fairly "required" to me.

I mean, don't you think people should know that? Like, you've got a snappy FAQ, but not once does it mention, "oh yeah, buy Dharma and Conclave, or it won't work"
As I said on steam, upload log.txt and save that won't convert. DLCs are supposed to be optional.

PS. Rereading your post here, you sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You expect we test the converters with and without DLCs? We're not paid to do so. We're not paid at all for that matter. I don't have time to run 30 tests for every change I make.

Our "snappy FAQ" is a best effort guide, nothing more, and this should be obvious to anyone that ever used large multi-contributor mods. Hell, even wiki itself for the vanilla game is outdated or just wrong in many parts.

If you roll through the history of this thread you can see how this (and all other) converters operate - people report bugs with the converters, and we fix them immediately. If that's not enough then I suggest you buy the official converter and use that instead, or alternatively write your own.

P.P.S. I just converted a zero-DLC CK2 1066 into a zero-DLC EU4:
1631955289067.png
Loo and behold, it works and years pass by. So, I'm quite interested in what went wrong with your particular save.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
As I said on steam, upload log.txt and save that won't convert. DLCs are supposed to be optional.

PS. Rereading your post here, you sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You expect we test the converters with and without DLCs? We're not paid to do so. We're not paid at all for that matter. I don't have time to run 30 tests for every change I make.

Our "snappy FAQ" is a best effort guide, nothing more, and this should be obvious to anyone that ever used large multi-contributor mods. Hell, even wiki itself for the vanilla game is outdated or just wrong in many parts.

If you roll through the history of this thread you can see how this (and all other) converters operate - people report bugs with the converters, and we fix them immediately. If that's not enough then I suggest you buy the official converter and use that instead, or alternatively write your own.
Or employ the converter team full-time, I'd be down.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I'd like to ask: why are the Sikh gurus and Totemist ancestors missing?
Thanx for reporting sikh issue, that whould be fixed and downloadable in an hour. Now, about totemist ancestors, please elaborate on the issue.
In vanilla no-mod 1444 I'm looking at this:
1631970994811.png
That's identical as conversion's 1444. What is wrong? I have no experience playing totemists so this is foreign to me.

PS. Unless you mean "Ancestors interface is missing entierly", which is a matter of Leviathan DLC, not us:
Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.

Last edited:
Does anybody know of a way to start one of these mods with a large country only having a few states rather than having every area as a state? I'm trying to convert a Roman Empire world conquest game to EU4 but this puts me very high over the governing capacity to start off with and I don't want to lose my full cores into territorial cores to unstate a bunch of land. My ideal scenario for my game would be:

• Only the capital state is a state
  • Considering the governing capacity already taken up by territories, make more states out of land that isn't in a trade company I can make based on which states have the highest dev (likely no states can be made in my case)
  • Every other area is a territory
With this I can make new states/trade companies as I desire with my governing capacity in mind.

Does anybody know of a way to start one of these mods with a large country only having a few states rather than having every area as a state? I'm trying to convert a Roman Empire world conquest game to EU4 but this puts me very high over the governing capacity to start off with and I don't want to lose my full cores into territorial cores to unstate a bunch of land. My ideal scenario for my game would be:

• Only the capital state is a state
  • Considering the governing capacity already taken up by territories, make more states out of land that isn't in a trade company I can make based on which states have the highest dev (likely no states can be made in my case)
  • Every other area is a territory
With this I can make new states/trade companies as I desire with my governing capacity in mind.
I think you're a bit confused on state vs territory. All non-states are territories. Whether you start with states and then unstate them, or start with territories alone is irrelevant - they won't be full cores, and only states will be full cores.

Also, no, game itself decides what is a state and what isn't on game start. Up to 1.30 it stated as much as could fit in govcap, but they messed it up in 1.31 and now govcap is calced at first monthly tick (and is 0 until then) so game states everything.

Also, no, game itself decides what is a state and what isn't on game start. Up to 1.30 it stated as much as could fit in govcap, but they messed it up in 1.31 and now govcap is calced at first monthly tick (and is 0 until then) so game states everything.
Gotcha so it's the game's fault. I'll just add full cores to the save file manually after the fact. Thanks.

Reactions:
Hello there, I downloaded this converter and tried to test it on my save, it didn't work. I will post stuff from log.txt below, I hope that anyone will be able to help me. Thanks in advance!

2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Frontend configuration loaded.
2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Frontend options loaded.
2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Previous configuration located, preloading selections.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
2021-09-19 19:55:02 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games\Ironman_Scandinavia.ck2
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
2021-09-19 20:35:01 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games\PaganSerbia.ck2
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
Hello there, I downloaded this converter and tried to test it on my save, it didn't work. I will post stuff from log.txt below, I hope that anyone will be able to help me. Thanks in advance!

2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Frontend configuration loaded.
2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Frontend options loaded.
2021-09-19 19:53:59 [INFO] Previous configuration located, preloading selections.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 19:54:25 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
2021-09-19 19:55:02 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games\Ironman_Scandinavia.ck2
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 19:55:15 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
2021-09-19 20:35:01 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games\PaganSerbia.ck2
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [INFO] Converter exited at: 0 seconds.
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-09-19 20:35:04 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
Run VC_redist.x64.exe inside.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Prepping for a india-centric megamulti game and made some changes/added some flavour to the Nestorians (gave them church aspects instead of holy sites, reskinned a few protestant ones and made a few unique ones)

Attachments

• nestorian aspects.zip
    19,7 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

trying to get a save converted all well and good, and just need a little direction regarding proper file editing. i'd like to change some country names, their map colors, and ideas. Secondary is to fix a broken vassal.

As to the first issue, I'd just like to change the names and colors of countries named after dynasties, to make things more clear on the map(the Hadramawt-Chauhans white-on-white borders are particularly bad). I know the color can be edited in the country files via a numerical value, but I am not sure which country files are the correct ones to edit, since the countries named after dynasties are listed as "z_dynastryXXXXXX." Also, how does one directly edit a country's name and flag (as it appears on the Eu4 map)?

The other concern I have is the existence of both Francia and France--the CK2 save ended with France (the kingdom) at war with Francia (their liege) in I think a title revocation war? For some reason in Eu4 France isn't listed as a vassal of Francia but independent--naturally this has further ruined the already bad Karling bordergore in Europe. What's the correct way to get France back as a vassal of Francia?

Attaching screenshots and modfiles as reference:
download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg

and thank you so much for all the work you've put into this converter!

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    604,9 KB · Views: 0
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    568,7 KB · Views: 0
  • IbadiCaliphate.zip
    40,4 MB · Views: 0
Hello,

trying to get a save converted all well and good, and just need a little direction regarding proper file editing. i'd like to change some country names, their map colors, and ideas. Secondary is to fix a broken vassal.

As to the first issue, I'd just like to change the names and colors of countries named after dynasties, to make things more clear on the map(the Hadramawt-Chauhans white-on-white borders are particularly bad). I know the color can be edited in the country files via a numerical value, but I am not sure which country files are the correct ones to edit, since the countries named after dynasties are listed as "z_dynastryXXXXXX." Also, how does one directly edit a country's name and flag (as it appears on the Eu4 map)?

The other concern I have is the existence of both Francia and France--the CK2 save ended with France (the kingdom) at war with Francia (their liege) in I think a title revocation war? For some reason in Eu4 France isn't listed as a vassal of Francia but independent--naturally this has further ruined the already bad Karling bordergore in Europe. What's the correct way to get France back as a vassal of Francia?

Attaching screenshots and modfiles as reference:

and thank you so much for all the work you've put into this converter!
Hoboy where to begin.

1. If you're uncertain what's the tag you're playing open the console (~) and enter debug_mode, and then hover over it. It's either a named tag (FRA) or a dynamic one (Z56).
2. To change its name go to localizations of the mod and search for your tag across all files. Once you spot it, change it there.
3. To change the colors, edit that country's def file in common/countries/. Country index is in common/country_tags/ and points to where each tag has its def file.
4. To alter its rulers, culture, capital or stuff like that edit its history file at history/countries/
5. To alter relations (like deleting a war and attaching a tag to another tag as a vassal) edit appropriate files at history/wars and history/diplomacy
6. To alter a flag, look up that flag in gfx/flags and swap with something else
7. To clean up the map from unnecessary bordergore, tag into some country (tag FRA) and use own_core XYZ where xyz is the province ID - just hover over them in debug mode and you'll see the IDs.

I hope this helps.