• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi I'm having an issue where nothings appearing in the 'supported converters' bit when I open the converter frontend. I'm familiar with the eu4 to vic 2 converter so I know there's probably supposed to be something I'm supposed to select that isn't coming up. I've re-downloaded it and tried both versions but still getting the same issue so I have no clue what the issue is.

Hi I'm having an issue where nothings appearing in the 'supported converters' bit when I open the converter frontend. I'm familiar with the eu4 to vic 2 converter so I know there's probably supposed to be something I'm supposed to select that isn't coming up. I've re-downloaded it and tried both versions but still getting the same issue so I have no clue what the issue is.
That happens when it can't find its files from Configuration subfolder. Usually means you haven't unpacked the entire zip in a new directory.

it sounds like they were talking about removing nomadic realms that fail to meet a certain threshold imo
I don't like this. If there's a non-colonizing realm up there. (unless this mod also breaks up Russian into its constituent cultures, Russia will never form because it targets specific cultures instead of the group as a whole) They won't colonize out there at all. I love the nomads and Finno-Ugrics having as broad as a scope as they do. It's only slightly more than vanilla EU4 had anyway. And a perspective Russia will still kill all of them regardless. If anything something dramatic I would recommend is adding more provinces to what is now wasteland in EU4 so that the far northern european areas in CK2 can be represented. Our beloved meme island gets erased otherwise.

I don't like this. If there's a non-colonizing realm up there. (unless this mod also breaks up Russian into its constituent cultures, Russia will never form because it targets specific cultures instead of the group as a whole) They won't colonize out there at all. I love the nomads and Finno-Ugrics having as broad as a scope as they do. It's only slightly more than vanilla EU4 had anyway. And a perspective Russia will still kill all of them regardless. If anything something dramatic I would recommend is adding more provinces to what is now wasteland in EU4 so that the far northern european areas in CK2 can be represented. Our beloved meme island gets erased otherwise.

upload_2020-4-21_13-55-53.png

It's optional. And yes, we do break apart russian.

Code:
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = byelorussian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = baltic_region }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = karelian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = karelia_area }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = novgorodian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = novgorod_area region = pskov_area region = beloozero_area }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = ruthenian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = ruthenia_region region = crimea_region }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = russian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = russia_region } #Muscovite
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = russian_culture tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx } #Fallback

View attachment 569723

It's optional. And yes, we do break apart russian.

Code:
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = byelorussian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = baltic_region }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = karelian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = karelia_area }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = novgorodian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = novgorod_area region = pskov_area region = beloozero_area }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = ruthenian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = ruthenia_region region = crimea_region }
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = russian tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx region = russia_region } #Muscovite
link = { ck2 = russian eu4 = russian_culture tech = eastern gfx = easterngfx } #Fallback
Wait... so does this mean you'll be able to use non-default unit models where applicable as well? The vanilla converter just leaves a sea of the hideous default eastern european and middle eastern models.

Wait... so does this mean you'll be able to use non-default unit models where applicable as well? The vanilla converter just leaves a sea of the hideous default eastern european and middle eastern models.

Of course! And the file is in configurables/ folder. Feel free to edit it in any way you like.

I've definitely unpacked all of it, I've just went through and checked all the files hahah

I'd like a screenshot please, of both your unpacked converter and the converter frontend's error screen.

Does the converter convert countries that use dynastic names properly? I don't mind necessarily that they keep the name rather than a geographical one, but in my Vanilla CK2 converter experience, it often prevented them from becoming the real tag they represent.

Does the converter convert countries that use dynastic names properly? I don't mind necessarily that they keep the name rather than a geographical one, but in my Vanilla CK2 converter experience, it often prevented them from becoming the real tag they represent.
Do you really need to ask... :)

script>

PerAUnG

theres no error message theres just nothing to click and when i click next it closes, which would be expected.

https://imgur.com/a/PlwVUBY i cant get the pictures to work but they're here.
It might be the brackets are getting in the way of parsing the files. Please check Configuration holds the xml files, and rename the folder to something simple like "converter". Hopefully it helps.

It might be the brackets are getting in the way of parsing the files. Please check Configuration holds the xml files, and rename the folder to something simple like "converter". Hopefully it helps.
Just tried that, still the same issue. Just to confirm there should be three xml files and a text document in the configuration folder?
I'm assuming there's something wrong on my end because deleting and downloading didn't work and its the same thing with both versions, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it might be.

Is the Dharma DLC really required? Any other DLC requirements in the future?
No, it's not really required, but some of the countries will start with special Dharma reforms. For example Papacy starts with papacy reform that exclusively defines it at EU4 papal state. Without Dharma it'll be just another theocracy.

And, without knowing what Emperor will do to HRE mechanics, I cannot foresee future requirements.

Just tried that, still the same issue. Just to confirm there should be three xml files and a text document in the configuration folder?
I'm assuming there's something wrong on my end because deleting and downloading didn't work and its the same thing with both versions, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it might be.
I'm sorry but I really cannot replicate this. Yes, those files need to be there and your frontend sees them (otherwise it'd throw red error line), but it cannot load from them. Maybe it's a permission issue, try running as admin.

Will Pomeranian be broken up into an old pomeranian culture like old prussian since Pomeranian germans can be created by breaking up the German superculture now? Since Sorbian/Lusatian is coming in the next update to EU4, that hypothetical Old Pomeranian then split off the Sorbs?

Do you really need to ask... :)
OMG the way this works in practice is better than I even imagined. They both keep the dynastic name AND become the equivalent EU4 tag! Not even turning off dynastic names would guarantee that in the vanilla converter! THANK YOU. Now the only thing from the vanilla converter that I think is left that needs to die tbh is loads and loads of flags being weirdly un-centered. Too high, too far to the left or right, etc.

[INFO] -> Verifying CK2 save.
[ERROR] Unrecognized savegame structure!

CK2 DLCs: All
EU4 DLCs: RoM, CS, AoW
CK2 Mods: Some graphics (same checksum), Prisoner Marriage, Community Patch
EU4 Mods: None

Attachments

• convert.zip
    12,5 MB · Views: 2
I'm sorry but I really cannot replicate this. Yes, those files need to be there and your frontend sees them (otherwise it'd throw red error line), but it cannot load from them. Maybe it's a permission issue, try running as admin.
aah so frustrating man. I don't understand why the eu4 to vic2 one would work fine and this one won't. Thanks for the help anyways though.

Will Pomeranian be broken up into an old pomeranian culture like old prussian since Pomeranian germans can be created by breaking up the German superculture now? Since Sorbian/Lusatian is coming in the next update to EU4, that hypothetical Old Pomeranian then split off the Sorbs?
Just noticed that Slovien also seems to convert into the German Pomeranian as well rather than Czech and Slovak.