• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For some reason, after I did so, all of the custom converted nations now say “Zxx” instead of their country names. All of the countries with an in game tag are still the country tag though. I’m on PC, the file is saved as UTF-8. I can’t think of anything else that would cause this though. I even double checked that there were no accidental spaces between quotation marks and words. Can anyone help out with this? Thank you again in advance.
You likely missed something or broke something. There must be a space in front of every line, if you don't put it the file, or lines after that place, are discarded.

For some reason, after I did so, all of the custom converted nations now say “Zxx” instead of their country names. All of the countries with an in game tag are still the country tag though. I’m on PC, the file is saved as UTF-8. I can’t think of anything else that would cause this though. I even double checked that there were no accidental spaces between quotation marks and words. Can anyone help out with this? Thank you again in advance.
Upload the file and tell me where in the mod you placed it.

Hello, guys. I'm not sure who should I address this to, you or HIP guys, but I noticed that in culture_map.txt these lines:

# Tatar (Historical Immersion Project - SWMH)
link = { eu4 = kazani ck2 = mari tech = nomad_group gfx = muslimgfx } #Fallback
Mari are Finno-Ugrics, so they shouldn't be converted as Tatars, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello, guys. I'm not sure who should I address this to, you or HIP guys, but I noticed that in culture_map.txt these lines:

Mari are Finno-Ugrics, so they shouldn't be converted as Tatars, I think.
Thank you, this has now been remapped. Meschera are the closest I believe and in the same language family so I moved them together.

Excited at the thought of this converter? Looking to join the team? Or have some ideas for us to improve it? This is the place for you!

----------------
Links

Release Thread

----------------

Types of help needed
  • Programmers: we can always use more programmers. The converter itself is in C++, and the tools that go with it are in C#.
  • Map-staring experts: we do our best, but its likely there's a region you know well and can improve the mappings for.
  • Testers: Catching bugs and oddities earlier means they get fixed earlier. We automatically update the development release with all new work, so it's always worth checking. And if you have professional experience in testing, well, I'm sure we could be doing things far better. Tell me how!
  • Modders: We can always use help figuring out how things work, and how we can do them better. If you know how to mod EU4, we can use your help figuring it out. As well, there's always more room for flavor events, decisions, and the like.
  • Everyone: We can always handle more discussion on how things are converted. As well, I try to document implemented items over on the project wiki. And your encouragement helps more than you know!
Just a thought, but I noticed on the wiki that great works from ck2 are still imported as province modifiers, which always struck me as a little underwhelming for the amount of resources that they take. With the addition of monuments in EU4, would it be feasible to add an option to import level 4 great works as custom monuments? I think this would help if you were playing as a non Christian Nation in Europe to e.g. Germanic as most of the monuments in EU4 in Europe seem to have Christianity as a retirement to activate the monument effects.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but I noticed on the wiki that great works from ck2 are still imported as province modifiers, which always struck me as a little underwhelming for the amount of resources that they take. With the addition of monuments in EU4, would it be feasible to add an option to import level 4 great works as custom monuments? I think this would help if you were playing as a non Christian Nation in Europe to e.g. Germanic as most of the monuments in EU4 in Europe seem to have Christianity as a retirement to activate the monument effects.
Wiki is outdated. If you have Leviathan, you get proper monuments.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh, neat! Is there any place where the specifics are documented so I can start planning for my EU4 conversion?
There are files in the configurables folder. Browse and change at will, the converter pastes your monuments from those. Ditto for all other files in there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since the converter supports IR religions now, and there *seems* to be soft support for ACR (the religion_map file links celtic_pagan to druidic & celtic_pagan_reformed to druidic reformed, even though the IR to CK2 converter converts ancient celtic paganism to druidic & therefore a religion called celtic_pagan_reformed should never appear in a converted game without ACR), would it be possible to update the Chinese Caliphates part of the code so that, if celtic paganism or egyptian paganism spreads to China, it will work?
It's fine if this will not be done, I just thought I should ask.

Since the converter supports IR religions now, and there *seems* to be soft support for ACR (the religion_map file links celtic_pagan to druidic & celtic_pagan_reformed to druidic reformed, even though the IR to CK2 converter converts ancient celtic paganism to druidic & therefore a religion called celtic_pagan_reformed should never appear in a converted game without ACR), would it be possible to update the Chinese Caliphates part of the code so that, if celtic paganism or egyptian paganism spreads to China, it will work?
It's fine if this will not be done, I just thought I should ask.
The support is already universal for whatever is in china. As long as the flags china has are global_chinese_<religion>=something, we take that religion, map it to an EU4 religion, and distribute across chinese provinces according to the "something" weight. So, if china had global_chinese_druidic, then we'd map druidic_pagan to eu4's druidic and roll with that.

The support is already universal for whatever is in china. As long as the flags china has are global_chinese_<religion>=something, we take that religion, map it to an EU4 religion, and distribute across chinese provinces according to the "something" weight. So, if china had global_chinese_druidic, then we'd map druidic_pagan to eu4's druidic and roll with that.
Ok, thank you

One of the team members for the Paradox Game Converters is collecting translations that we can use across all converters. He could use help gathering the words. Please take a look and fill in words from languages you know well.

• Don't worry about "classes"​
  • Do not write country articles​
  • If you are working on French, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese, you should use the feminine singular adjective​
  • If you are working on Polish or Russian, you should use the root of the adjective (so "итальянский" gets shortened to "итальянск")​
  • If you are working on German, have the adjectives be in a form to which we can add adjectival endings (Deutsch --> das deutsche Krieg; but not Han --> das hane(?) Krieg)​
  • When choosing adjectives, choose the form that would sound more plausible to end up in a history book when talking about a war or a treaty​