CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Had the same issue. In some reason by default game set too big screen resolution. To solve the problem you have manually fix screen resolution in config file.
Open file ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/settings.txt
Modify graphics -> size and put some lower resolution value

graphics=
{
size=
{
x=1650
y=1050​
}
....​
}

The above resolution works for 15'' and for 13'' MacBook Pro use x = 1440, y = 900

Had the same issue. In some reason by default game set too big screen resolution. To solve the problem you have manually fix screen resolution in config file.
Open file ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/settings.txt
Modify graphics -> size and put some lower resolution value

graphics=
{
size=
{
x=1650
y=1050​
}
....​
}

I'm having a similar issue and tried this, tried a couple other resolutions too. My issue is that rather than the game being shifted down on the display, it's been shifted up a little bit. It might have something to do with the fact that my native res is 4096 x 2304 and I play at 1920 x 1080 (my mac struggles with higher). If I change to non-native resolutions other than 1080p, the black bar appears in different locations.

EDIT:

Anyone having this problem (needing to play at a resolution ck2 doesnt like right now), a temporary fix is to go to displays in system preferences, option-click on scaled and then select the resolution you're running ck2 at.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 19.14.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 19.14.47.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I dont quite understand what this patch do? I have a 64-bit system, but I have always been able to play on it. So what does this patch do for me?
Unless you use one of the mods had problems with the RAM limit of 32-bit programs likely nothing, you might perhaps see some speed difference either for the better or worse.

This patch worked perfectly for me on MacOS Catalina Public Beta. It loaded quickly and no crashes etc.

The day after installing the beta patch, the steam app beta updated and again CK2 was unplayable. I unenrolled from the steam beta (which reinstalled vanilla steam) and everything works again.

It's my own fault for playing a beta patch through a beta app on a beta OS. :rolleyes:

The problem with the Steam beta is that it checks if a game is 32 bit and prevents you from even starting it on MacOS 10.15. Since CK2's 64-bit version is still a beta, Steam still sees the game as 32-bit. We'll have to wait until the 64-bit-patch is released and CK2 gets marked as a 64-bit game.

This beta is a good excuse to run from an earlier bookmark, because I reckon any differences (performance or stability) will be more noticeable in a long running game. Just a few decades in from the Old Gods start date. So far smooth as butter.

Playing as Halfdan since I just picked up Pagan Fury :cool:

My CK2 don't works right anymore... It works only with 32. Can I reset it back to 32?

You mean you hjave a 32bit OS(Windows likely) ? Roll back your game version to 3.2.1.
Right click CK2 in Steam-Library-Games -> select Properties ->
select Betas tab -> choose the version and wait until download and installation has finished.

So if I have a 64-bit Windows 7 then will the game just run smoother and faster? What is the change that I should notice if I decide to use this beta?

Faster boot of the game and for me it also runs smoother altogether.

By the way, there is a 3.3.0 patch now. The 3.2.2. Beta thus more or less obsolete.