CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Either I'm suffering from the placebo effect or the game is loading significantly faster than before. 20-30% improvement I'd guess (SSD).
I also noticed a faster load time. Previously it would take long enough loading that I could tab out and read an entire blog post. Now I tab out and only get through a couple paragraphs before it is all the way up.

Anybody experienced a total system freeze using this 64-bit version? I just had one but I'm not entirely sure this game caused it. It didn't cause any in the 4 hours I played last night.

I got up from my chair and swung my door open pretty hard, tried to catch it but failed and it hit my desk hard. So I went to pee, came back in here and the computer was totally frozen. Could've been vibrations from my violent door opening knocked something loose, so I opened it up and made sure all the wires and everything were pushed in nice and tight, blew all the dust out and now it's fine.

I dunno. Just wondering if anybody else had an unusual system freeze while playing this.

I booted up my latest game where I reached year 1350, starting from 769. Also, there are quite a few smaller mods enabled.

No issues whatsoever.
There is also a small, but noticeable increase in game speed.
Very nice!

I was already starting to get depressed about the lack of DDs, but now my faith is back. I love you guys.

Can I just be the first to admit that I think I was wrong?

Whoa. You lot have been hard at work this summer. I don't even want to begin to try to understand how difficult it was to re-code this game over to 64-bit (totally surprised me)!

Been working fine for me running a save game.

Idk, no real improvements for me. Maybe it's chugging a bit in the 1337 start date? Maybe it always did? Needs more testing.

Good job regardless!

...I got up from my chair and swung my door open pretty hard, tried to catch it but failed and it hit my desk hard...

That story made my day.
MfvvyDB.gif

Thanks

That story made my day.
MfvvyDB.gif

Thanks

I didn't mean to swing my door open so hard. I was holding my pee in for quite a while until I was desperate (was in the middle of a war and just couldn't stop playing) so when I got up I had to run, threw the door open, realised I opened it too hard and kinda jumped back in the room to catch it but failed.

Everything has been fine since so I'm assuming the violent door banging on the desk knocked a wire loose inside the computer or something.

I didn't mean to swing my door open so hard. I was holding my pee..

That won't convince the judge of the World Computer Rights court to reduce your penalty though !

Everything has been fine since so I'm assuming the violent door banging on the desk knocked a wire loose inside the computer or something.

Happens to the best. :p

You might have unsettled your HDD a wee bit. Take it to therapy or go out for a drink with it.
All will be fine.

Actually i have to admit, i overinterpreted your "I got up from my chair and swung my door open pretty hard, tried to catch it but failed and it hit my desk hard" a little.
In my mind i saw a door getting loose and flying violently through your room. :cool:

Idk, no real improvements for me. Maybe it's chugging a bit in the 1337 start date? Maybe it always did? Needs more testing.

Good job regardless!
I didn't notice much change either, but it's going to depend so much on an individual PC setup, how much background guff is running, if you've updated your drivers recently and then what's actually happening in your CK2 save.

Very crudely, 64-bit vs 32-bit should mean greater throughput, but it's like traffic on a four-lane highway vs that on an 8-lane one. Unless the traffic is heavy enough, there's no practical difference in the travel time of a given car, or number of cars that pass through a given stretch in a given time. That's why you will often only see a fractional increase in speed.

what does this mean for an average Joe such as myself? does this improve anything? change anything? what's the deal?

For the average Joe, it won't really do much. The assumed main reason why this happened is that the new release of macOS that comes out later this month (probably next week, but Apple isn't giving final dates) will break all 32-bit releases of CK2 (or any 32-bit software, really), and Paradox wants to keep supporting that platform, so they made a compatible update to keep it from breaking.

I can confirm from own experience that if you let the game run in observer mode over a weekend you can get some great insights into how a feudal Europe in the year 3000 might look.
Pics or didn't happen.