CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes it is, I tried the new version with one of my saves and it works with no issues.

Will it work with a 3.1.1 Save though or only with the most recent one before this one ? (3.2.1 )

Just wondering if i can use a 3.1.1 save with this patch. But if not that I have something to look forward too once i finish this 3.1.1 game!

Works fine for me, and my Nvidia drives aren't even up to date. Has it been AMD users who have primarily had this error? Seems like a common factor. Interesting.

This version should not cause any problems with mods, quite the opposite actually. Hopefully this will resolve issues some mods been having with running out of memory.

Doesn't work for me on a R9 280x with the latest drivers. Same error message as everyone else. Looking forward to when it's out of beta, though.

Could you please make a more extensive report in a separate thread with your specs and logs etc? Would be helpful, thank you!

I know nothing about computers or programming, so forgive me in advance, but does this means we can expect more parts of the game to be multi-threaded in the future? Apart from the loading of the game on startup, I mean.

Thanks for doing this! Could only hope for 64-bit support. 3.2.1. patchnumber as the last patch for 32-bit seems appropriate :)
On to 2022!

Also for those interested, over on r/crusaderkings CK2 alumni Meneth has chimed in. 64-bit as a big performance panacea seems unlikely. But it's good that CKII is future-proofed and that modding will benefit!

(I'm still about to go on all-out-Roman-conquest with my Hellenic Roman Empire for a good couple of centuries to see if the later game feels any better though!)

Will it work with a 3.1.1 Save though or only with the most recent one before this one ? (3.2.1 )

Just wondering if i can use a 3.1.1 save with this patch. But if not that I have something to look forward too once i finish this 3.1.1 game!
It will work, but there might be some map weirdness. Going from 3.1.1 to 3.2 introduces some weirdness in Egypt and Hispania (and I think one other place) where a couple duchies got split. If you aren't playing in those areas, go ahead and update. Because duchy level de jure really only changes on game start, the counties that changed duchies don't move, leading to a couple 1 county duchies and a couple 7 county duchies.

What information exactly would be useful regarding the "setup" ?

I simply got a "Failed to create graphics device"
on a 64-bit Win7 OS with a Radeon RX 570 graphics card and no dmp file.
What other info could be helpful ?

UPDATE:
I fixed it by deleting dbghelp.dll inside the CK2 game files folder.

Thanks to forum user @Auztin.

--------------

@Darth. @prismaticmarcus
I realy don't get how you could disagree with my earlier post.
That makes absolutely no sense, unless you interpretated my post as a general statement regarding my mentioned setup info,
which it obviously wasn't nor did i pretend that a crash on startup has to have that specific error message.
Not that i realy care, but i was baffled how anyone could do disagree in this case.
Was it the question itself ? A proper bug report usually needs a little bit more info than a one liner.
Sorry for asking..:rolleyes: PS: @LumberKing gets added to this
Still baffled.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or what, but I think that 64-bit support has improved a performance of CK2 on my computer. It works just like a charm! Thank you guys!

Btw. I was sure that we're going to hear about CK3 with a 936 bookmark as a starting date :) Such a pleasant surprise!

Tested it last night. I'm NVidia and have up to date drivers as of about a week ago, no problems so far. Didn't notice much in the way of speed improvement, but I'm playing a small Merchant Republic, it's only the 10th C and it was running quite fast on Patch 3.2.1 anyway.