CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, with the 64 version, does this means the game will finally be able to use all my PC resources?

It means it can theoretically use more than 4 go of RAM but I don’t imagine CK2 would find a use for that much anyway. I’m not sure what other resources you might be thinking of. 64 bit support isn’t a magic bullet for performance.

3.2.1 is the last version that will support 32-bit indeed. So if you really want to keep playing on 32-bit you will have to stay on this version.

If you could make a bug report for this with some information on your setup...

What information exactly would be useful regarding the "setup" ?

I simply got a "Failed to create graphics device"
on a 64-bit Win7 OS with a Radeon RX 570 graphics card and no dmp file.
What other info could be helpful ?

PS and Update : I fixed it by deleting dbghelp.dll inside the CK2 game files folder.

Last edited:
got a "Failed to create graphics device" on a 64-bit Win7 OS with a Radeon RX 570 graphics card and no dmp file.

This was exactly the kind of information I was thinking of. Could also be useful knowing if your graphics drivers are up to date and, if you have the possibility, if a complete reinstall helps?

If you'd like to add any additional information we'd also appreciate it if you could make a thread in the bug forums. Would make tracking the issue easier and increase visibility for other players that might have the same problem.

This was exactly the kind of information I was thinking of. Could also be useful knowing if your graphics drivers are up to date and, if you have the possibility, if a complete reinstall helps?

A complete reinstall of the graphics driver or the game ?

If you'd like to add any additional information we'd also appreciate it if you could make a thread in the bug forums. Would make tracking the issue easier and increase visibility for other players that might have the same problem.

Will do. :cool:

Works well on Linux! Haven't played more than a half hour though. Please don't adopt the new launcher without fixing it for other platforms.

Game! Drivers if that doesn't fix the problem and the ones you are using are old.

Is the second sentence still part of the response on my question or more of a statement ?
My graphics driver(s) were released in july. Is that old in that context ?

Last edited:
what does this mean for an average Joe such as myself? does this improve anything? change anything? what's the deal?

Should improve performance in certain situations since the game is able to use more ram than it could before.
If you use a Mac, the game will work on the next upcoming release of Mac OS
The game will no longer run on computers with 32-bit Operating Systems (which are pretty rare now, so this mostly affects really old computers).

If you are concerned about that last point and are on Windows, you can check with the following steps, depending on your version of Windows:
Windows Vista, 7 - Click Start, Right-click Computer, Click Properties
Windows 8, 8.1 - Right-click Start, click System
Windows 10 - Click Start, click Settings (gear icon on the left), click System, click About

Look for a line that says "System Type." If this mentions 64-bit, you're good.