CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi guys!

We'd like to ask for some help testing our 64-bit patch for Crusader Kings II. The patch contains nothing but the 64-bit support.

To access the beta patch, simply right click Crusader Kings II in your Steam library, go to properties and the BETA tab. You should be able to select 3.2.2 in the dropdown list there.

If you find any bugs, please report these in our bug report forum. Make sure you write out 3.2.2 in the topic of your thread.

Thank you so much for your help!

Code:
#########################################
################ 3.2.2 ##################
############################################################
# Free Features
###################
- CK2 is now running on a 64-bit architecture, 32-bit systems are thus no longer supported.

3.2.1 is the last version that will support 32-bit indeed. So if you really want to keep playing on 32-bit you will have to stay on this version.

got a "Failed to create graphics device" on a 64-bit Win7 OS with a Radeon RX 570 graphics card and no dmp file.

This was exactly the kind of information I was thinking of. Could also be useful knowing if your graphics drivers are up to date and, if you have the possibility, if a complete reinstall helps?

If you'd like to add any additional information we'd also appreciate it if you could make a thread in the bug forums. Would make tracking the issue easier and increase visibility for other players that might have the same problem.

I regularly see it go over 3 GB now, and I'm only midgame. I suspect the extra RAM will help some late game. (Otherwise, I absolutely agree with you. It isn't a magic bullet for performance, it mostly means it can work on the newer OS X and doesn't run into memory limits.)

I can confirm from own experience that if you let the game run in observer mode over a weekend you can get some great insights into how a feudal Europe in the year 3000 might look.

This version should not cause any problems with mods, quite the opposite actually. Hopefully this will resolve issues some mods been having with running out of memory.

Doesn't work for me on a R9 280x with the latest drivers. Same error message as everyone else. Looking forward to when it's out of beta, though.

Could you please make a more extensive report in a separate thread with your specs and logs etc? Would be helpful, thank you!