• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be nice to hear the internal reasoning at least. I don't see why this (and even the past featured rulers' challenges) can't be an additional part of the game, even if there's no longer a reward for doing so.

Yeap - I now try to rush through these challenges to complete as many as possible before they expire but it feels more like "working" than "playin".

greetings

Reactions:
Just to clarify the situation, the whole Monarch's Journey's challenges will be removed from Crusader Kings II.
Sorry to be the bearer of the news, it is what is is o_O

Just curious, will we still be able to continue playing the the bronzeman games we have started, even if the monarch's journey achievement and scoring sysstem is removed? Or will all bronzeman save games become unplayable? I am in the middle of a Gotland game where my dynasty is evolving into bears and I'm having fun with that and would like to continue, don't really care about the points.

I recently throwed an eye on all Rulers from Monarchs Journey - and maybe its pointless to say that - but to remove them from the game is a LOSS. All of them a worthy and remarkable characters and are fun to play. They do greatly show all these different faces of the game.

Remove the ability to unlock the cosmetics for CKIII if you have to but if there is a way to let the rulers and their "personal"challenges stay - it would be great to see them in the final version of CKII.

greetings

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
and they are gone :eek: o_O

;D

at least I managed to unlock all except the two last cosmetics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Wow, I’ve just grinded through the last three rewards in the past hours. Never have I power-gamed as much, but hopefully it is worth it. Haven’t even touched CK3 yet.

I was tempted, but I was busy enough yesterday that I wasn't going to make. At least it's a temporary lock, and I managed to get the cosmetic I cared most about.

I was tempted, but I was busy enough yesterday that I wasn't going to make. At least it's a temporary lock, and I managed to get the cosmetic I cared most about.
Oh it was stressful for me because I had to submit my PhD application and research project yesterday as well, so I could only play CK2 after that. Stayed awake until 7 am.

• 2Love
Reactions:
....all Rulers from Monarchs Journey - but to remove them from the game is a LOSS.

No characters should be removed. Only Monarch Journey itself.
You are aware how to select a custom start date after 1066 ?

No characters should be removed. Only Monarch Journey itself.
You are aware how to select a custom start date after 1066 ?

There are various buttons on the top of the new game screen, near the current date. Use them to change day, month and year (per year, per decade and per century), to access any date between September 15 1066 and January 1 1337.

There are various buttons...

Why are you quoting and adressing me ? o_O
It would make sense together with the person which i responded to, but without no so much..

CK2's Monarch's Journey will officially retire on the 2nd of September, once Crusader Kings III is released.
We are very thankful for the community, and players, who enjoyed our challenges!

You can still read the Rulers' stories in our thread about the Monarch's Journeys
We are also running regular mini-activities Stories of the World called "Did You Know?", "Where Are We?" and "Guess The Character" if you want to follow along :)

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Who in their right mind came up with this idea? It is fucking horrible and I am fucking furious.

Good job at making people never wanting to play ck2 ever again.

• 2Like
Reactions: