• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@PDX-Nicou Is there a new challenge tomorrow? Sorry about asking at 23:00 CET, I totally forgot it has been two weeks since the previous challenge came out.
It's so strange they haven't replied here, even if just to say no. I'm not sure if they've broken something in one of the recent patches or simply stopped doing these. I had assumed they'd continue until CK III launched.

Well... there are more than enough points to get all the rewards now. I'm only 3 short and still haven't done any in Aquitaine, as well as having a couple of others to do.

This might be it?

Soon :cool:
In the meantime, we teased our next ruler on our social Media, like Twitter.
This may come as a shock to you, but not all of your customers use Twitter. Can you post teasers on your own forums also, please?

This may come as a shock to you, but not all of your customers use Twitter. Can you post teasers on your own forums also, please?
I have teased it recently on the forums, via our QA Live Discord #3 announcement.
Sorry for the late teaser!

This said, new Ruler Challenges: Harald Hardrade!
He's coming in-game tomorrow, Saturday Feb. 22 at 1pm CET :)

I'm getting caught up with the monarchs journey now. Only last couple left to do. Anyone thinks it would be cool if there was an extra reward in store for hard core players who get gold in every challenge?

I'm getting caught up with the monarchs journey now. Only last couple left to do. Anyone thinks it would be cool if there was an extra reward in store for hard core players who get gold in every challenge?

What if the real extra reward was the friends we made along the way?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Harald Sigurdsson, 1015-1066, was given the epithet Hardrada "Hard Ruler".
Before becoming king, Harald had spent around fifteen years in exile as a mercenary and military commander in Kievan Rus' and of the Varangian Guard in the Byzantine Empire.

800px-Harald_Hardrada_window_in_Kirkwall_Cathedral_geograph_2068881.jpg

1st challenge seems buged. I have all de jure province of norway and england kingdom with the 2 titles and the challenge doesn't validate.

Anyway already have all unlocked.

1st challenge seems buged. I have all de jure province of norway and england kingdom with the 2 titles and the challenge doesn't validate.

I unlocked that challenge with no problem. Make sure you get the one de jure province that Scotland holds, as well as the couple of independent Norwegians (Iceland and a random OPM along the Sweden-Norway border).

Iceland in particular is easy to forget about. Fortunately the de jure Norway independent rulers will generally accept vassalization if you ask, and once you've conquered England and Norway, beating Scotland should be no problem (especially since they tend to fall into civil war a lot), so it's a fairly easy challenge once you beat Harold and William.

I was just as confused until I remembered Iceland. Iceland was willing to take a vassalization offer for me.

@PDX-Nicou Hello ! Can you fix the non-english localisations missing of the latest in-game descriptions for the ruler challenges ? I play with the french language. Thanx !

Hey Tretreus,
I'm not sure we will localize these descriptions for Harold at the moment, but here they are for you :)

English
  • Harder Than Steel: Hold the kingdoms of Norway & England and completly control their de jure provinces.
  • Hide the Pain, Harold: Kill as many members of King Harold II of England's dynasty, the Godwins, as possible. Deaths caused by other members of your dynasty also count!
  • With an Iron Fist: Crush as many revolts as possible. Crush those who rise up to oppose your rule!

Français
  • Un Dirigeant Plus Dur Que l'Acier : Obtenez les titres des royaumes de Norvège et d'Angleterre et contrôlez complètement leurs provinces de jure.
  • La Douleur de Harold... : Tuez autant de membres de la dynastie du roi Harold II d'Angleterre, les Godwins, que possible. Les morts causés par d'autres membres de votre dynastie comptent également !
  • Avec une Poingne de Fer : Mattez autant de révoltes que possible. Écrasez ceux qui se lèvent pour s'opposer à votre règne !