• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Hi everyone!

We have released a new hotfix, version 3.3.2 (checksum remains unchanged), to resolve a security issue tied to the way LUA libraries were loaded for mods. If proven efficient, it will roll out to EUIV and HoIIV in the coming days.

Best,

Rod

Hello there!

We noticed that some of you experienced graphical issues tied to shaders following our tiny hotfix, this is now a thing from the past! Expand the spoiler below for the original text about 3.3.1

---

Hold me closer tiny hotfix.

Coming here to let you know that we have released a very tiny hotfix regarding the CK2 to EU4 converter. Essentially it is to make sure that the converted EU4 savegame end ends in a proper path due to some tweaks made to the launcher.

Naturally we made a roll-back branch in case of unforeseen errors: 3.3.0 old version. To get to it in Steam right-click on game name -> properties -> BETAS -> select the beta -> apply. If you want to revert from old version to current version, simply do the same thing and select "None - Opt Out".

You guys have a brilliantissimo day!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is the converter updated to accommodate Slovien, Sardinian or Qarmatian from Iron Century? Slovien and Sardinian exist at just about every start date now and convert as "no_culture".

I'd also like to know if Bosnian and Carantanian are put into South Slavic as they should be now rather than East Slavic.

Is the converter updated to accommodate Slovien, Sardinian or Qarmatian from Iron Century? Slovien and Sardinian exist at just about every start date now and convert as "no_culture".

I'd also like to know if Bosnian and Carantanian are put into South Slavic as they should be now rather than East Slavic.
No mention of Qarmatian in either religion_table.csv or 02_converted_heresies.txt in the converter files.

This update has brought a massive graphical downgrade to the game. Please fix it because the game looks like it's running at 360p or something.

Edited out misinformation.

Last edited:
I'm really really sad about this patch.
I had a big save (lot's of hours) and it BROKE my graphics (map and units on the board).
I didn't expect this! It's true that the game runs, but it looks like I'm playing Minecraft.
As a player that have all DLC's I feel very deceived.

I'm really really sad about this patch.
I had a big save (lot's of hours) and it BROKE my graphics (map and units on the board).
I didn't expect this! It's true that the game runs, but it looks like I'm playing Minecraft.
As a player that have all DLC's I feel very deceived.
You can just rollback.

Reactions:
You can get achievements on older patches.
Can you confirm this? If you can, then I'm totally chill on this problem.

Edit: apparently it's true. You can't earn achievements on an older version if the achievement did not exist on that version. If it did tho, you can. I didn't know the complete information. I've edited that out.

Apparently bronzeman autosaves on quiting, and you can't play a savegame 3.3.1 save game in a rolled back version.
So if you've booted up a bronzeman save, either quit with the task manager or you'll be stuck with the grainy version.
Hopefully, it's fixed soon so I can continue on my Shajar al-Durr campaign :)

In settings.txt change draw_postfx from yes to no.

Thanks.

Hopefully this workaround doesn't encourage Paradox to wait with the hotfix patch to the hotfix patch....

By the way "hotfix", while i don't have the Converter, i saw numerous complaints relatively recently about it not being
updated to the current EU4 patch, apart from not being available (edit 3rd feb: it is again) on the Steam store anymore.
How does it then makes sense to release a hotfix for something related to the Converter
without updating its core function ? Baffling.

Last edited: