• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, provinces can still be afflicted with two different diseases, and you can have several outbreaks of the same disease in different parts of the world as well.
How will that (the double disease) be shown on the map?

Last edited:
Is there a connection between Hospitals and Knightly Orders/The Church, as they were the historical source of these? At the very least Hospitals should be generally produced by Bishops or Knightly Order Commanders with holdings in your provinces via event, right? I feel it would make far more sense to even make them just buildings that come with those two types of holdings, as it would give a far greater incentive for them and make more sense historically.

They were moreso tied to the Church; as three of the four more famous Holy Orders (St. Lazarus, Teutonic Order and Hospitaller) were all hospitals first and foremost. They remained, more or less, oriented towards being hospitals.

What's that mask on the King of Jerusalem's face?
i think it is leper hiding mask, since leper or some other diesases teribly morped fce, so they were used so ppl dont run away from you in horror.

are the byzantines and the muslim world going to get modifiers against plague due to public baths and stuff like that.

Europeans did bath regulary too... just to say it...
And public bath houses don't really help to stop epidemics. It didn't help in RL either the Byzantines and Muslims were still hit by the plague.

The Justinian plague for exemple was mostly ONLY in the Sassanid and Byzantine Empires.
And the Black Death came FROM the Byzantine Empire to Europe.

Reactions:
Europeans did bath regulary too... just to say it...
And public bath houses don't really help to stop epidemics. It didn't help in RL either the Byzantines and Muslims were still hit by the plague.

The Justinian plague for exemple was mostly ONLY in the Sassanid and Byzantine Empires.
And the Black Death came FROM the Byzantine Empire to Europe.

Thank you for the information I did not know that.

Thank you for the information I did not know that.

Actually the Black Plague was the reason why public bathing became unpopular in Europe. Most people claimed that the public baths were one reason why the Plague spreaded that fast. They feared to infect each other in this places.

Erasmus wrote for exemple in 1526:
“Twenty-five years ago, nothing was more fashionable in Brabant than the public baths, today there are none, the new plague has taught us to avoid them.”

Actually the Black Plague was the reason why public bathing became unpopular in Europe. Most people claimed that the public baths were one reason why the Plague spreaded that fast. They feared to infect each other in this places.

Erasmus wrote for exemple in 1526:
“Twenty-five years ago, nothing was more fashionable in Brabant than the public baths, today there are none, the new plague has taught us to avoid them.”

so they let people who were infected with the plague into public baths I mean I know they didn't really understand how infection works and everything but why would you let some one with plague sores into a public bath.

so they let people who were infected with the plague into public baths I mean I know they didn't really understand how infection works and everything but why would you let some one with plague sores into a public bath.
Because there is an incubation time of something like 40 days where you can infect other people. Which actually is where the word quarantine comes from. The Venetians (or some Italians at least) used to quarantine infected harbours etc. for 40 days hence the name of the word. Can't remember if it was just pure luck that they chose 40 days or if they deduced it after a while.

Because there is an incubation time of something like 40 days where you can infect other people. Which actually is where the word quarantine comes from. The Venetians (or some Italians at least) used to quarantine infected harbours etc. for 40 days hence the name of the word. Can't remember if it was just pure luck that they chose 40 days or if they deduced it after a while.

so after Incubation time the disease cant spread from a infected person? Also wasn't there a chance for the people enforcing the quarantine to get infected then making the quarantine pointless?

so after Incubation time the disease cant spread from a infected person? Also wasn't there a chance for the people enforcing the quarantine to get infected then making the quarantine pointless?
Oh it most certainly can infect people after the incubation time---hence why being one of the people clearing the dead bodies meant you had a very short life expectancy. But people have this funny habit of avoiding you when you show visible signs of a lethal plague. It is the 40 days beforehand where you appear healthy, but in reality aren't, which is the really dangerous part, since you could have somebody get infected in his villager, he flees and thinks himself lucky over not getting infected, gets to a new village just to a short while later find out he was hit too and now another village is infected...

And I am no expert on this, but as far as I remember the quaranteenes were really brutal like what @WeissRaben talked about with walling people in. I might be misremembering, but I seem to remember something about infected ships being sunk with the entire crew.

Oh and as an aside then as part of the black death you get a kind of open wound on the chest which was called something like the mark of the devil; if you got that far then you were certain to die.

Perhaps once the DLC is actually announced you'll have a fuller picture of what is included and if it is for you. Blind/elephant and all that.
Now that I read the announcement I stand by my initial perception. This DLC seems to focus on an area that I don't find that interesting. I may still buy it later when it is on sale.