• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seriously concerned about the rising levels of sadism among the Crusader Kings 2 team. If the plague doesn't kill you, we'll have your court carve you up and eat you!

You can already have your court carve you up and eat you. Just need someone who is cruel and/or lunatic at a carousing, if I remember right.

Reactions:
What is the reason to have Hospitals as new seperate sub holding instead of just 1 or 2 new buildings? Not complaining, just curious.

Makes them more visible, and allows us to group several related buildings into one place. Also means not having to either duplicate buildings for different holding types or leaving out characters without a, say, Temple in their capital. Also, no building multiple hospital building in a province with several temples.

Reactions:
Any chance you might open up that holding slot and the fort holding slot for modders to add their own holding types? We can currently sorta do things with Forts, but being able to do so in a persistant holding might be useful.

Reactions:
There was no answer last DD, so I'll ask again (especially as depopulation has been hinted at) - is there no way to go Madagascar on the pandemic?

Is there any way to go Madagascar on an epidemic? During the Black Death, Milan cut off all trade routes, closed the cities, exterminated vermin, and arrived to the point of walling the infected inside their own houses. Harsh, but undoubtedly effective:

Bubonic_plague_map_2.png

Milan ended up being the only nation in Italy to survive the plague with barely a scratch, and that opened the way to half a century of Milanese domination of Northern Italy (only concluded by the death of Gian Galeazzo Visconti in 1402 and the following dismemberment of the duchy).

Luchino Visconti was also a very ambitious and very cruel man, so that might be needed (at least the latter).

Reactions:
There's a gravestone and a pyre to burn bodies, shows Depopulation.

Shows Hospital level
Are you putting in some Danse Macabre music?

Seeing Hospitals as a new holding game me the idea that it would be fun if we could also build Military Orders in our province (at an expensive cost). Like having an Order of Parma or an order of Naples, etc.

Who would be in charge of the hospital?

Love the new portrait elements, especially the eyepatch. Will there be more traits for damage on specific body parts? (Missing arm, tongue cut, lost leg...)

I'm not so sure about whether I like the hospital being a holding though, as I just expected more buildings for healthcare. Monasteries, for example, would have been a better use of that holding spot imo. Maybe someday...

Reactions:
Get rid of that craven trait for wanting to stay in seclusion from a plague. That's not cowardice, that's survival. That is what most people would do in an epidemic.
If it's a low enough chance that to receive craven, I suppose that is ok then.

Reactions: