• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I assume we will need max level of prosperity to build the bensai tree or whatever it is called.
But, seriously, do we have any building modifier or building requirement based on prosperity even just for mod usage?

Good afternoon, Paradoxplaza.

I've translated this DD into Polish:

Tytuł: Żyj długo (ale jałowo) i prosperuj.

Autor: Darkrenown.

Witam. Dzisiaj powiem coś o nowym systemie bogactwa, który jest mechaniką sekretnego DLC. Prosperowanie jest przeciwieństwem depopulacji, o której wspominałem w poprzednich DT. Prowincje, na których przez lata nie toczyły się walki zaczną prosperować i zdobędą bonusy, takie jak większe wpływy z podatków i szybsze uzupełnianie strat.

index.php

Prowincje będą miały ukryty wskaźnik, którego coroczny wzrost będzie oparty o: los, teren, umiejętności gospodarcze władcy, pogodę, ewentualne wojny i to, czy dana prowincja jest centrum skupienia uwagi władcy (c.s.u.w.). Gdy owa wartość osiąga pewne progi, prowincja dostaje modyfikatory, a posiadacz zostaje poinformowany, że panuje w niej dobrobyt. Można zdobyć trzy poziomy prosperity. Jeżeli w prowincji zajdą jakieś walki, bądź nastąpi w niej epidemia, to jej bogactwo zostanie zredukowane. Zaniknie ono zupełnie, jeśli ulegnie ona depopulacji.

Wpływ na dobrobyt mają również: decyzje, budynki i uroczystości (te 1. i 3. ograniczają się do stolicy, jeśli reszta kraju ich nie dotyczy). Nordycy posiadają własne wydarzenie, które może wyskoczyć gdy statki powrócą z łupem i spowodować, że siedziba władcy dostanie mały bonus do rozwoju.

Pora powiedzieć coś o c.s.u.w. Niezależni władcy z tytułem książęcym i wyższym posiadający odpowiednią ilość ziemi mogą nim uczynić jedną z prowincji w swej domenie. Bardziej przejmują się oni losem takiego miejsca, dlatego też szybciej wzrasta tam dobrobyt. Jeśli jego maksymalny poziom zostanie osiągnięty, to w takich prowincjach mogą wystąpić dobre wydarzenia. C.S.U.W. jest przyczyną, dla której na mapach w powyższych zrzutach ekranu znajdują się korony.

index.php

Can I publish this in DD's topic?

Reactions:
@Darkrenown will the prosperity/depopulation have a decay rate?

Looks awesome, I like that finally we can get more holdings in a province :)
I agree on a decay rate for depopulation being logical. But it doesn't really make sense to have it for prosperity since in reality places kept being overpopulated and prosperous until something external came and culled much of the overpopulation leading to the prosperity disappearing.

Reactions:
From what i understand, Prosperity is a consequence of lack of war/disease/...
It might be interesting to make it also a factor of recovery speed : a prosperous province will recover faster from an epidemy, or from small raids.
Sure the province will be less prosperous, but i feel like a poor province should be much more impacted by a disease/raid than a prosperous one.

An interesting idea.

Speaking of interesting ideas, @Darkrenown, a while back you said you were lookin into adding more Imperial-styled Laws as well as reintroducing Crown Authority as a concept as well as Laws which establish levels of The King's Peace, restricting autonomous vassal wars, after numerous forum folks requested these things be reworked back into the game.

I am curious if we can look forward to any of these things?

Additionally, I want to suggest that instead of wholly forbidding vassal wars, under differing levels of the King's Peace, vassals can petition the Crown (and council if applicable) for permission to wage a foreign or domestic war, with varying consequences if refused depending on type of CB and number of claims.

Additionally, depending on the level of Crown Authority and King's Peace, a vassal would petition Crown (and Council of applicable) for domestic claims in lieu of war.

If granted by the Crown, but refused by the current title holder, the King would join in a war with the claimaint vassal.

Thoughts?

Reactions:
I think we'll scale them down, but I find it useful to see them on the map. And yes, conversions can be triggered by your Crown Focus.

Couldn't you have a special prosperity map-mode? As it is the crowns make me think the focus is your capital.

Also how will differently will the focus for prosperity affect different governements, ie feudal, nomadic, merchant republic and tribal. In particular for merchant republics as a trade focused gameplay area, how will prosperity affect them and playing as a merchant republic?

Reactions:

It would be more thread friendly if you linked the translation to the sub forum. (is there a Polish one ?)

Reactions:
So there is a potential for any province on the map to gain 1 or even max holding slots. How is this going to be handled? Will 7 subholdings be defined and localised for every province? Are you implementing barony-tier dynamic titles? If so, how are you generating the names, and how is it moddable?

Reactions:
The prosperity system looks amazing!

Question: Can a prosperous province have other bonuses than increased tax income and faster levi replenishment? Maybe something like an increased technology advancement rate, decreased revolt risk etc?

Reactions:
It would be a nice touch if the "clear a forest add a holding slot" event woud be localised to "drain a lake" if it is in a Dutch province ^^

Reactions:
Very nice. These DD's are actually quite interesting of late.

I notice that the event you get when your province prospers adds another holding.

Firstly if your province stops being prosperous does that holding then disappear with whatever was built on it? If so why would one ever want to use said holding when a random disease can cull it?

Secondly isn't there some bonus for you if the prospering already has 7 holdings?

That is just one of the possible events, not the only one. It will of course not fire if there can be no more slots added. The slot isn't removed if it stops Prospering either.

@Darkrenown will the prosperity/depopulation have a decay rate?

Depopulation decays, Prosperity stays until something removes it.

Sure.

Reactions:
This feature looks great, and is much needed for an aspect of the medieval era that has so far not really been present ingame. Hopefully you will be considering the addition of trade goods and inland republics too soon.

The symbols on the provinces look a bit invading though, so hopefully it will be something that can be toggled on and off.

So there is a potential for any province on the map to gain 1 or even max holding slots. How is this going to be handled? Will 7 subholdings be defined and localised for every province? Are you implementing barony-tier dynamic titles? If so, how are you generating the names, and how is it moddable?
I'm also curious about this.

Reactions:
I think that the gameplay changes can be cool (I still have to wait and see) but the icons on the map are atrocious. Please either scale them down to the point that I barely see them or just plain make a mapmode for them.

Reactions:
Sounds nice, though I do hope that properity gain is not too uniform. Grater weight should be given to silk road, coastal and provinces with major river (due to trade bringing welth in) and capitol province (due to wealth moving in from other parts of the empire). I don't really wish to see all of steppes prospering just because it is too far away for anyone to raid or attack otherwise.

Reactions:
I think we'll scale them down, but I find it useful to see them on the map. And yes, conversions can be triggered by your Crown Focus.
Maybe instead of those out-of-place looking icons we just get a nice, fresh, new map mode (there are never not enough map modes)?

Reactions: