• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #87 - Killing Spree

Greetings!

Today I’ll cover a minor feature of the upcoming Holy Fury expansion, the ‘Kill List’. The Kill List is, simply put, a list of everyone a character has killed and how they died. The list is accessed from a button in the character interface, in our example here we have a typical incarnation of Genghis Khan:
KillListDD_KillListButton.png

This button is visible on all characters, living or dead, and shows a list of all kills that are public knowledge (so you can’t see any secret kills a character might have). The list itself will open to the right of the character interface, and looks like this:
KillListDD_KillList.png

Now, while there aren’t many actual gameplay effects tied to this feature (save a few events) you might still feel inclined to become a murderous tyrant. If you so happen to kill more than 5 other characters, you will enter the Ledger - where the most depraved killers are listed at the top. For some reason, characters with a Reformed Pagan religion using the Bloodthirsty Gods doctrine tend to top the lists... more on that in the next Dev Diary!

KillListDD_KillListLedger.png

• Is it the "public list" of murdered people when going to another charachter? Finally we can see why a person has the "Known Murderer" modifier?
  • Is it the "Actual" list when doing it on my own charachter? IE you see the 2 persons I burned at stake and I see also the 10 successfully murdered children?

Nice feature, I really like the idea! I especially like the ledger. Might be a short dev diary but I’ve always appreciated a little glimpse at something rather than no glimps at it! Looking forward to the full release. :)

Cool, a small unexpected, but welcome addition. Unexpected for me at least. This should be fun for comparing pen- kill list size with friends. Will there be a kill list secret kills included for your own character?

What's the frog trait?

What's the frog trait?
I can confirm from the stream that it is because the French culture is very glitchy regarding warfare. Because it cannot be fixed, they have decided to replace the entire culture with a congenital trait.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is probably nothing but..

I see there is a Caliph Suleyman II in the Kill List, with 14 confirmed kills - but his title is down as the Kingdom of Andalusia, which is not one currently associated with Caliphs ingame.

Historically the Umayyad rulers of Islamic Spain styled themselves as "Caliph" at different points, despite not being the de facto Sunni religious leader. I wonder if this is being implemented, or (more likely) this is a coincidence simply due to how this particular game played out.

Edit: Yeah it's almost certainly nothing. In this game, Genghis Khan has a pet frog and was around 200 years early!

The frog trait is from the Frog Prince event chain, where your character is turned into a frog by a witch (+100 to intrigue, -10 to all other traits) as punishment for marrying for powergaming rather than roleplaying purposes. Must find a princess (NOT some lowborn wench with good or excellent traits) to marry in order to be turned back.
I can confirm from the stream that it is because the French culture is very glitchy regarding warfare. Because it cannot be fixed, they have decided to replace the entire culture with a congenital trait.
:D:D:D genius