• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #78 - Polishing up the Map

Greetings!

We’re working away, and we’ve been working away for quite some time now - it’s just much too early to go into detail on what we’re doing yet, but rest assured that we have a lot of interesting stuff going on!

Without spoiling the theme of the upcoming expansion, we want to give you something to look at and discuss. In addition to all the theme-specific features we’re making, we’re also slowly working our way through some of the more neglected areas of the map, correcting mistakes and increasing the granularity of the playing field. Here’s one such area, Poland:
Poland_update.png

Code:
- Map Update to Poland
    - General overhaul to the De Jure territory of the Kingdom of Poland
    - Vistula (major) river tweaked to be more geographically accurate
    - (Minor) river Oder tweaked for more geographical accuracy
    - (Minor) rivers Warta and Bug added
    - 6 new provinces, mostly improving granularity in Mazovia and Lesser Poland
    - All old provinces moved and reshaped for more consistency
    - Some updated provincial Coats of Arms

Later this spring (date yet TBD) we’ll release a bug-fixing patch, so remember to head over to the bug forums and report any issues you find.

Please note that the time between Dev Diaries will be irregular, as we’re very early in the development cycle.

Finally there is a new DD!
Though short, it is better than none.

Yay, Dev Diaries return.

Later this spring (date yet TBD) we’ll release a bug-fixing patch, so remember to head over to the bug forums and report any issues you find.
Also it seems that CK2 is nearing its end :(

I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, but Slav expansion?!?!?!?!?
please please please please

*ahem*

It seems Pomerania also is getting a facelift as the provinces there do not appear to match the current ones, unless my eyes deceive me. Nice!

Also, if the bugfixing already is under way, could we perhaps have 5-10 (or however many seems reasonable) bugfixes instead of nothing at all? It isn't as exciting as a real dev diary, but still more interesting than getting nothing at all.

Thx for the DD

It's also oddly quite in the bug forum. When will a dev go through and confirm bugs?
Don't worry, QA has just been busy testing all of the new cool features we're making. They'll have time to go through the Bug Forums (including the bugs on the previous pages) in time for the patch. :)

we’re also slowly working our way through some of the more neglected areas of the map
How about Sápmi or West Africa?

What do you think about the map? It Poland polished enough?
I don't know much of those particular Slavs...:D
But polish is always welcome in Poland.

(that sounded weird)

Please note that the time between Dev Diaries will be irregular, as we’re very early in the development cycle.

I'm going to make a prediction, patch out in late spring, but the expansion will be a summer release.

Where does the quoted post even suggest that? It's all the usual stuff.
You know, they don't usually release a major patch without an expansion. But don't be so reactive, it was only an impression it gave to me.