• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary#27: Continued Converter Capabilities

Hello and welcome back to this second part about the Converter update which will be released tomorrow.

As I mentioned in the replies last week, Immortal rulers from CK2 now get the Immortal Ruler Personality in EU4 and will not die of old age. You can also pick “Immortal” in the EU4 Nation Designer, although it is rather expensive. Rulers cannot become Immortal during gameplay in EU4 though.

Ideas for European Tribals - because before every tribal country got standard, boring ideas. Now they can become fearsome warriors!
european_tribal_ideas = {

start = {

hostile_attrition = 1

merchants = 1

}

bonus = { war_exhaustion_cost = -0.10 }

trigger = {

capital_scope = {

continent = europe

}

OR = {

government = tribal_despotism

government = tribal_kingdom

government = tribal_federation

government = tribal_democracy

}

}

free = yes

deep_roots = {

defensiveness = 0.1

}

warriors_grit = {

shock_damage_received = -0.1

}

ruthless_raiders = {

leader_land_shock = 1

loot_amount = 0.10

}

ancestral_pride = {

war_exhaustion_cost = -0.10

}

arctolatry = {

infantry_power = 0.1

}

side_by_side = {

land_morale = 0.1

}

hero_of_the_legends = {

free_leader_pool = 1

}

}

Improved religions: Now is a better time than ever to convert over your favorite heresy. All converted religions have received new effects, new unique graphical icons and also make use of religious systems such as Fervor and Aspects. Some effort has been made to update the EU4 events to account for these new religions by checking for the religion rules rather than the specific religion where it makes sense. E.g. checking for fervor rather than Reformed for fervor events.
new converter religions.png

That covers the largest Converter changes, but there have been plenty of little fixes and tweaks which you can read about below:
Functionality has been added to adopt your EU4 game to the status of your CK2 one in matters such as dynamic provincial development, government ranks, making the CK2 heresies and religions use the new religion features of EU. Time has also been spent to fix old issues like missing flags for rebels, errors in province mappings, and missing descriptions for the converter religions.

Patch notes
Unit types are now based on capital region instead of tech. group
Display "CONVERTING" while converting
Doesn't add Aztecs if Aztec Invasion game rule is set to off
Addes female monarch names for converter countries
Added descs for the Manichean and Mazdaki religions
Added the suggested missing titles
Added some more country mappings.
Added some regions to the unit type conversion table.
Government ranks are now affected by imperial administration laws
Added normal_or_historical_nations flag set to no in the mod file
Updated the sunset invasion scenario.
EU4 converter now converts prosperity (by redistributing the prosperity value according to number of buildings in CK2 provinces)
All cores from unused nations are now properly removed
Removed unused files
Fixed issue with duplicate Saxon cultures
Alan is now in the correct culture group
Fixed Minor National Idea issues (from the CK2 Forum Compilation Thread)
Fixed minor issues with religions
Fixed some errors in coverter province table.
High americans now have their own units
Rome now becomes the capital when converting the Roman Empire
Added European Tribal national ideas.
Gave Mongol empire less crazy province setup
Added some high american missions
Removed some duplicate strings.
United HRE can now be created with Conclave enabled
Removed extra files from the Roman Empire and some other things that are part of EU4 as well since a while back.
Added Rebel Entries (and flags) for All Heresies
Converter Religions and Heresies will now have more diverse bonuses and more will use EU4 mechanics when possible.
All Converter Religions and Heresies will now have a syncretic faith bonus.
Added institution spread criteria specific to converter games.
Added starting spread of feudalism criteria specific to converter games.
Mapped some CK2 things (heresies among others) to slightly different tags in EU4 to avoid collisions with similarly named things in EU4.
Immortal trait now converted to Immortal ruler personality
Muslims now get Vassals instead of only Personal Unions
Ruler birth dates for CK2 games later than EU4 start date are now also changed to match that date
Exported nations now always have a minimum of five female monarch names Messalian and Cathar countries can now get female leaders.
Dynamic fort placement in CK2->EU4 converted games.
Moved culture graphics conversion to culture_gfx_table.csv from the code.
Fixed some religion conversion issues in the EU4 converter
The HRE main religion will now get set to the Emperor's religion if the starting bookmark has it different from the religion database, as well as setting religious peace enabled.
Added uses_church_aspects trigger. - Added uses_fervor trigger. - Added uses_patriarch_authority trigger. - Added uses_piety trigger. - Added uses_papacy trigger. - Added uses_blessings trigger. - Added uses_karma trigger. - Added uses_syncretic_faiths trigger. Added uses_cults trigger. - Added uses_personal_deities trigger.
Replaced some religion event triggers with the new triggers added by Marko. I have been pretty restrictive and only done this to events that could actually benefit from it.
CKII->EUIV Converter: Converted countries that used to have default national ideas now have custom ideas.

As well as the Converter, we'll also release the full version of 2.6.2 tomorrow. We managed to fix the performance problem we had during the beta, fix a few minor bugs, correct the province name box length update some French and German localisation, and add a popup and pause setting to Call to Arms. We'll post the complete patch notes tomorrow when the patch goes live.

That’s all for now, we hope you enjoy the updated Converter when it is released tomorrow! And in the meantime, don't miss today's Medieval Monday livestream with Emil and Steven - 16:00CEST on https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Reactions:
I wonder about cultures. If you had a multicultural empire in CK2 would all this culturs started as accepted cultur when you had the highest tolerance tech in ck2 wen you converd the save ?
It would be nice if it would work this way same with different religions so if you have high tolerance tech you start with a bonus for accept religions too.

Reactions:
Those new icons look amazing!

Reactions:
Thank you for all this hard work that you did. I really appreciate everything you have done to improve the converter. I am sure everyone else feels the same. I was amazed you guys even included horse culture and a country for horse culture.

Reactions:
Whats that snazzy rainbow star a religious icon for?

Reactions:
Hope someday PI can add some achievements for Converted Start, that's the killer!

And why am I seeing Blaue Marx Medal of WW1 German????

Reactions:
Anyone care to hazard a few guesses as to which icon is which religion?

Reactions:
What icons belong to what religions? They look beautiful btw.

Reactions:
I'm guessing the wooden cross is Fraticelli and the Peacock feather must obviously be Yazidism. But what is that FravashiXCross thing?

upload_2016-10-10_7-22-48.png

Is this the Cathar cross? :)

Reactions:
Reactions:
I'm guessing the wooden cross is Fraticelli and the Peacock feather must obviously be Yazidism. But what is that FravashiXCross thing?

If i were to hazard a guess, messallian and the silver cross next to it is nestorian

Reactions: