• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello!

We have now released Great Works and we hope you are as pleased with the result as we are. We are aware that there are a few issues here and there (Who knew Chalkidike was uninhabited right up until the 8th century?), but we have fixed many of these issues internally and will continue to do so. Also if you find any issues make sure to report them on the bug forum.

We’re not quite ready to announce when it will be out, but we are currently working on a bug fix patch. There will also hopefully be a few fun updates as well. Let us know which issues are bothering you the most as it can help us prioritize.

Have a great weekend and thank you for your feedback so far.

CK2 Team

Great.

Can you delay the bugfix patch, assuming nothing serious comes up, till you have analyzed and fixed this "Stats are only inherited from the mother" bug you hear about on the forum?

Loving the update so far. A public beta for the next patch would be cool! :)

Fun so far.

Hopefully the bugfix patch doesnt take too long, afraid to try and get any of my personal mods to work when I'm not sure what is working right and not in vanilla, dont want to potentially break something even more, ya know?

And then of course the 25th imperator comes out and I wont be on CK2 for a while further

Good job with 3.1.
Since you are now speaking about a new patch look at this issue, as at this time post birth pregnancy problems doesn't occur and if someone activates the chances to have stillbirths in the defines, women start to become pregnant forever as the traits are not removed.

If I have an issue that's not a bug can I still get it maybe considered for the bugfix patch somehow?

Basically: Please can Coptic culture satisfy the requirements for Pyramids the same way Egyptian culture does? They're both cultures of Egypt, and should have equal rights to the legacy of pyramids. I've already made a thread in suggestions, but I'm not sure how quickly/seriously that'll be considered.

Also, thanks for the free fun Wonders feature. Don't want to seem ungrateful.

I've already made a bug report about this back when Holy Fury first came out and since it still hasn't been fixed, let me just repost it here.

Basically, the capital province of d_mudar is a province that belongs to another duchy and it's also its capital. So we have a province that's a capital of 2 duchies at the same time.

Not exactly a bug, but gameplay consideration after the new patch - Could there be some balance changes in this patch? While I’m okay with Great Works not being Uber stat boosters, it puts a weird contrast where it’s more beneficial for me to spend 400 gold on a new sword than it is to build a 2000 gold fortress. I don’t have any ideas on how to rectify this, but it just really stands out as strange to me.

Yeah, so here's my list of complaints
1. Female barber;
2. "Introduce Heir to the Realm" event chain needs fixing;
3. Merchant republics have the decision to Organize a Grand Tournament, but the event chain itself never resolves;
4. the has_concubinage trigger doesn't check if the character's government allows them to have concubines/consorts, it only checks religions;
5. The "Auto-Invite Plotters" setting only invites characters from the target's court. Meaning if the target is a councillor in their liege's court, it only invites valid plotters from that court, but doesn't invite any of the target's fellow vassals.
EDIT: 6. When a character gets a viceroyalty, the succession type in their capital county changes to agnatic-cognatic primogeniture, regardless of if those succession laws are even valid for that character (e.g. if a character with Enatic Clans gets a Viceroyalty, their sons become valid heirs, despite the fact that it shouldn't be possible).

Can't remember anything else, I'll add more things to the list if anything springs to mind.

P.S. not sure if it's a bug, but the AI seems overly keen on creating merchant republics now. My current liege Basileus has given out 2 merchant republics to his relatives in the last 10 minutes. This feels wrong to me.

Last edited:
Fun so far.

Hopefully the bugfix patch doesnt take too long, afraid to try and get any of my personal mods to work when I'm not sure what is working right and not in vanilla, dont want to potentially break something even more, ya know?

And then of course the 25th imperator comes out and I wont be on CK2 for a while further

Gonna go out on a limb and bet Imperator will be infinitely more buggy and riddled by crippling bugs than this update