• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #111 - Until Next Year

Hello all,

It has been a wonderful year for CK2, and I hope you all agree. A lot of work was put into Holy Fury which from the reception seems to be time well spent. We are not quite ready to talk about the next year but when we are you will be the first to know. We will now present something with no further comment.

_Drlv9upuYKeF0uTKeYgOCReABiCGVzWWvS09apSEjRq-tIA34Wn0dmfd2YeBx3733ArT5YDNjeRYsjZ1jSzGhbaFITWGtH5FuD7ldG0NAfEdu4upFK-TUOQFmNFm-5u2tZId1TO

Happy holidays, we hope you have a great winter break and we will be back next year.

The CK2 Team

New dlc Confirmed (There will be a red zone)

Edit: It is China or Indie and Tibet DLC ?

Maybe it's just a Face DLC animal

China on the map confirmed!

My PC can run it, if they also add an option to disable China for people who play on toasters, that can be amazing.

CHAYNAH

At least thats what I would like to say, this does however raise a lot of questions (with Jade Dragon features in particular)
What's wrong with Jade Dragon?
Any normal interaction with mainland China would be locked for everyone but the current edge of the map.
In Persia, you'd still behave the same as usual. Open up your offmap powers button and do whatever you've been doing so far.
Proper China can still function....properly.

omg...did I just advocate for China?

Honestly, I think I would be fine with it.
Holy Fury and the accompanying patch basically finished CK2 for me. (ofc, there can always be more content, but I'm overly pleased with the current state of the game)
Anything extra is more than welcome. Even China.

I think I would rather if they added more depth and provinces (about twice as many as they already have) in Persia and India rather than them making a new playable Chinese region.

I hope you all enjoy your winter vacations!

So would that be the Suez Canal or the South Africa?
Can the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean be connected?
(A Mediterranean Sea Too Far From The Persian Empire)

The only parts of the world the red panda currently inhabits that's not on the map is eastern Sichuan and northern Yunnan.

Chengdu, the capital of the modern Sichuan province, was capital of the Former Shu in the X century 10-Kingdoms Period. In 965 it was conquered by the Song (who circulated the first wide-reaching paper currency from it) and brutally conquered by the Mongols in 1279 - apparently a great slaughter, estimated at a million dead. It was also allegedly visited by Marco Polo.

Yunnan, as a mountainous and remote region was organised into an independent, Buddist kingdom of Nanzhao early in the game timeframe, then underwent some violent periods until it settled as the Dali kingdom to be conquered by the Mongols in 1253 and since then basically was kept as part of China. Yunnan is one of the places where early wild tea trees might have originated from.

Still, southern Tibet, Bhutan and northern Nepal are also regions where the red panda can be found.

I think this would be too obvious of a clue if it was more Chinese territory to be added. What about the clothes the panda's shown in, are those the new cardinal robes or is it something new? And don't those also trigger around the same time both Yunnan and Sichuan were conquered by Mongols?

EDIT: also, what's going on with that portrait background? Is that the Chinese imperial one?

Last edited:
Are you planning on fixing Duchies and provinces in Europe somewhat more? Rhine is still rather ugly compared to the other rivers nowadays like the Seine or Loire

Ehhhh

If any of you actually looked at the picture you would notice that the panda is using the hexagon CoA, which unless something changed recently, is for Muslims and Zunists and random religions that use their mechanics. Since red pandas are not native to Arabia or Persia, the picture was probably taken with random world, which means that it's just more animal portraits being added.

I do think Paradox will be in trouble making CK3 because they cannot release the game without most of the existing CK2 expansions. At least, I will not rebuy all the DLC

Or at least, they need to rename CK2, I would propose CK3 = Sons of Fur(r)y

That's 10 years of development, let's hope the new Paradox CEO won't disband the CK2 team. Or maybe she has been taught how to play Russian Roulette or Duel properly in CK2 ???

Hello all,

It has been a wonderful year for CK2, and I hope you all agree. A lot of work was put into Holy Fury which from the reception seems to be time well spent. We are not quite ready to talk about the next year but when we are you will be the first to know. We will now present something with no further comment.

_Drlv9upuYKeF0uTKeYgOCReABiCGVzWWvS09apSEjRq-tIA34Wn0dmfd2YeBx3733ArT5YDNjeRYsjZ1jSzGhbaFITWGtH5FuD7ldG0NAfEdu4upFK-TUOQFmNFm-5u2tZId1TO

Happy holidays, we hope you have a great winter break and we will be back next year.

The CK2 Team
Do not make the next dlc a lazy dlc please
I'd like to see a big DLC that fixed performance and revolutionizes Holdings and counties and the feudal system in general to make it feel more medievalish
We need new holding pictures as they've grown kinda lame while Byzantines got the new handsome ones

Merry Christmas and a happy new year! :)