• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So!

Holy Fury is out with all of it’s glory this week!

I just want to say from all of the team that we have been super excited about this release for weeks now and to see the experiences from everyone playing it so far has been so much fun. We’re happy that everyone is enjoying our updates and the things we’ve been tinkering on for the last year.

This week we’ve kept ourselves busy with trying to listen in and gather the things you’re talking about. We’ve noticed a couple of issues that we’re addressing in an upcoming patch, and we are continuing to work on small improvements to make sure the game is in an even better state before going on our winter vacation.

We’re looking forward to hear about your adventures in Holy Fury this weekend! :)

Cheers,

Divine

I formed Outremer as that one achievement-getting count in Flanders.
Though I think you may have neglected to give Outremer culture the "Knight" unique retinue (or any unique retinue). Which is weird because they still get the unique building.

Honestly though, the rest of the DLC is so phenomenal I barely noticed. Deus has vulted this for a long, long time

HF is a fantastic expansion, easily the best. The sheer amount of content, most of which came to great need and the rest was things we didn't know we wanted until we had them.

I mean that they completely same. Even CoA of Byzantium and Thrace is little bit different.
In case of russia and transoxiana is a bug?
Although not ideal, it's not a bug as far as I know. I don't know if that was one of the features where we run out of time or if it's just an oversight.

And current CoA is not Rurikovich CoA - it is personal symbol of Vladimir the Great
Oh, interesting! I didn't know that the symbol originated from him. As you might tell I wasn't the developer did the specific Russian research and update even though I find these things fascinating.

Although not ideal, it's not a bug as far as I know. I don't know if that was one of the features where we run out of time or if it's just an oversight.

I cannot speak for Russia, as I did not work on that one, but Transoxiana/Turan is an oversight from my side. I'll see if I have time to make a unique CoA for one of them.

Given the sheer amount of content in both the expansion and the patch, the state of release is really impressive.
Holy Fury made me fall in love with CK2 once again, and for that thank you dev team!

If you want feedback, I've two suggestions for bloodlines which strangely enough were not in the game.

1. Rhodri Mawr or Cunedda for the House of Aberffraw: I like how you included bloodlines for Vortigern and Caradog's descendants, but I find it really odd that you didn't have a direct one for, arguably, the most prominent Welsh dynasty, that of the House of Aberffraw. I mean there's two really important characters that you can choose from, Rhodri Mawr and Cunedda.

2. Cnut/Knud the Great for the House of Estrid: I know that the House of Estrid technically have the Ragnar Lodbrok bloodline, but the dynasty was famous for its strengthening of Christianity in Scandinavia, its relationship with the church (see Archbishop Absalon and his relationship with the kings), and its initial claims on the Kingdom of England through their dynastic relationship to the founder of the North Sea Empire, so I feel that'd be more appropriate.

Otherwise, great content!

Last edited:
It's really fun to see so many people enjoying a Romuvan playtrough. An area which previously didn't see too much action before!
Are there any cool stats you can share about much people are playing with the new stuff? Like just how much more popular it is to play in places like those Romuva areas, Africa, with the Shattered/Random world, etc.?

Though I think you may have neglected to give Outremer culture the "Knight" unique retinue (or any unique retinue). Which is weird because they still get the unique building.
Yeah, that was a bug. It has already been fixed for the next patch, they'll get a camel/knights mix.

I formed Outremer as that one achievement-getting count in Flanders.

Honestly though, the rest of the DLC is so phenomenal I barely noticed. Deus has vulted this for a long, long time
Thanks for the poke about the retinue and sharing your hype. :)
I did take a look and there has already been made a fix so that the culture will not be exempted from all retinue units.

Amazing DLC, have had a lot of fun playing so far and not planning on stopping any time soon.

That being said, I was wondering if it would be doable to add the option to "paint" religions, cultures, realms etc in Random Worlds, where you can paint over areas you want to be catholic, for example, or perhaps generate more stable realms in one area, and less stable (and therefore smaller) ones in another area, stuff like that.

I understand that would probably be a big undertaking though, and there's one other thing I'd love to see added to Random Worlds which would be much smaller: The option to have a historic spread of feudal and tribal realms. That would allow for playing a historic world (everything put to historic) but with borders on random, for example if you want to play a 'normal' game, but without the HRE covering most of Catholic Feudal Europe in 769, but also want to have actual kingdoms.

That does sound a bit counter-intuitive. Currently there's not much in the way that restricts that from happening but we might get the time to look at improvements.

"If less than X % of a kingdom is held by heathens/heretics, lower crusade weight by Y/[kingdom size/2] % per additional friendly province [that isn't a holy site or the capital of the target kingdom]", with X and Y being defines (or scriptable for each religion using the new crusades) seems like it would prevent wasting a crusade on a tiny foothold in some kingdom if that foothold isn't important enough to warrant a crusade and the next best target(s) aren't worth considerably less.

The amazing quality of free changes in 3.0 and paid changes in Holy Fury is the reason why I finally chose CK II instead of EU IV, which is still good but lack depth and novelty. Thanks a lot!

Still want more, to be honest: the more aspects and areas of Medieval Age is covered with such with such quality, the better.

Holy Fury is the first time I haven't had an answer for "what would I like to see added next?"

You folks absolutely killed it with this expansion. Thank you so much for your work!

Hi,

thanks for the amazing DLC. I have two questions though:

1) So far I've played three games from 1066 and in each, the first crusade for Jerusalem was won by a merchant republic, who all of a sudden got over 10,000 war contribution and none of the other participants could manage to beat them. Is everything working as designed there?

2) In Shattered World, why can't I use the create Byzantium decision? I went through the code and didn't find anything in the Potential that would prevent me. There are the three Alternate Start conditions, but I don't think any of those apply to me:
Code:
NOR = {
                has_alternate_start_setting = {
                    setting = dejure
                    value = random
                }
                    setting = title_names
                    value = random
                }
                    setting = title_names
                    value = random_including_duchies
                }
            }
I haven't changed anything in the de iure setting or the title names, I have everyone at count level and everyone at tribal level. I myself am Greek, Orthodox, hold the Kingdom of Thrace and has already feudalised, yet the decision doesn't appear.

Are there any cool stats you can share about much people are playing with the new stuff? Like just how much more popular it is to play in places like those Romuva areas, Africa, with the Shattered/Random world, etc.?
We haven't summarized any stats like that yet. It's more what I've gathered from reading peoples comments and a couple of different polls asking the question about what type of playthrough they would go for first.

If you want feedback, I've two suggestions for bloodlines which strangely enough were not in the game.

1. Rhodri Mawr or Cunedda for the House of Aberffraw: I like how you included bloodlines for Vortigern and Caradog's descendants, but I find it really odd that you didn't have a direct one for, arguably, the most prominent Welsh dynasty, that of the House of Aberffraw. I mean there's two really important characters that you can choose from, Rhodri Mawr and Cunedda.

2. Cnut/Knud the Great for the House of Estrid: I know that the House of Estrid technically have the Ragnar Lodbrok bloodline, but the dynasty was famous for its strengthening of Christianity in Scandinavia, its relationship with the church (see Archbishop Absalon and his relationship with the kings), and its initial claims on the Kingdom of England through their dynastic relationship to the founder of the North Sea Empire, so I feel that'd be more appropriate.

Otherwise, great content!
Thanks for the ideas, I'll make sure that we at least consider adding something for them. As you already implied, Knud might be a tough call since it would stack bloodlines from the beginning, though. :)