• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
unknown.png

What are these empty spots in Iberia?

unknown.png
New provinces. If you open a saved game from before 3.2, they load up uninhabited, but will receive a random count upon game start.

I am really disappointed... I thought this bookmark will cover the timeline of 936-1066 so I can play at 1000 as well but no, its not possible, its just a start date. Also the historical inaccuracy at some point is unacceptable. Glad as a vlach duke of Temes. Really? With Vlach population in county of Fehér and in Severin? Seriously? Have you ever read a history book? Glad is a fictional character created by Anonymus who appear in the Gesta Hungarorum which is scarcely a history book but fictional story. Glad or Galád descendant was Ajtony/Achtum, Ochtum which is from the turkic word Altyn - Gold. So Galád was probably not vlach but either avar, or either volga-bulgarian. Also the first appearance of the vlachs in Transylvania is dated back to the 12-13th but mostly to the 13th century. The "proto-slovakian" culture is also a joke, the slovakians gained their Literary language in the 19th century, as their self-determination as "slovak". I think moravian was the best choice for the culture.

Quite unexpected but very welcome. Fits nicely into the gap between the Old Gods startdate and the 1066 date. CK2 is maybe the only Paradox game where the different start dates still are played, older as well as newer. Thank you and well done!

The "proto-slovakian" culture is also a joke, the slovakians gained their Literary language in the 19th century, as their self-determination as "slovak". I think moravian was the best choice for the culture.

We had a pretty long discussion about it. In the end it was decided that most Slovak players wouldn't be able to identify with a culture called Moravian even if it would be more historically accurate. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...historical-inaccuracy-slovak-culture.1155809/

I am really disappointed... I thought this bookmark will cover the timeline of 936-1066 so I can play at 1000 as well but no, its not possible, its just a start date. Also the historical inaccuracy at some point is unacceptable. Glad as a vlach duke of Temes. Really? With Vlach population in county of Fehér and in Severin? Seriously? Have you ever read a history book? Glad is a fictional character created by Anonymus who appear in the Gesta Hungarorum which is scarcely a history book but fictional story. Glad or Galád descendant was Ajtony/Achtum, Ochtum which is from the turkic word Altyn - Gold. So Galád was probably not vlach but either avar, or either volga-bulgarian. Also the first appearance of the vlachs in Transylvania is dated back to the 12-13th but mostly to the 13th century. The "proto-slovakian" culture is also a joke, the slovakians gained their Literary language in the 19th century, as their self-determination as "slovak". I think moravian was the best choice for the culture.
The Slovien culture was heavily discussed, it is an artificial term for the common ancestors of Moravians and Slovaks.
Slovaks didn't take kindly to being called Moravian.
Also, how are you disappointed by getting a new bookmark FOR FREE?

I am really disappointed... I thought this bookmark will cover the timeline of 936-1066 so I can play at 1000 as well but no, its not possible, its just a start date.
You thought wrong. It's been clear from the outset that this would be a single date just like both the other early starts. And even that has been a lot of work, and is being given to us for nothing.

nd

We had a pretty long discussion about it. In the end it was decided that most Slovak players wouldn't be able to identify with a culture called Moravian even if it would be more historically accurate. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...historical-inaccuracy-slovak-culture.1155809/
Well the closest to the Slovakian language is the Moravian dialect so I dont understand the problem here. Furthermore, the slavic miners who settled down in Upper-Hungary mostly under the reign of Caroberto of Hungary were moravians, also the mercenaries of Matthias Hunyadi were mostly moravians, and Jan Jiskra was Moravian himself who ruled Upper-Hungary.

Maybe you should have said something during the discussion then. Kinda late now.

Nice update and thanks! But i have a small gripe already: Most of the time hungary converts almost immediatly (after 2-4 years) to catholicism which i find odd and annoying. With a start date where you can play wit Otto I. and form the HRE i would've expected a scenario where the conflict between the HRE and the hungarian raiders is somewhat likely and not almost impossible. I know this has to do with the conversion-mechanic after holy fury. Could it be that mass conversions are somewhat overpowered at the moment?
I would be happy at least for a little comment concerning this.

Just how unstable does this make the game? I've got a great game I don't really want to roll back for, but it's still quite early.
It doesn't. IIRC all it uses is some scripts to either generate a new count for those places or give them to a pre-existing realm.

I did hear speak of a melting pot event being added for Arberian, is this in now?

Last edited: