• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I advise you to add that to all dynastie ideas in the converter files, the anatolian ones as well as the ottoman, marmeluk and carling ones, since I have seen all of this generate problems in the many converter games I have played.

Thanks!
I have created a new version of the vcf (0.6.3) that incorporates your ideas fixes. It also removes "government = monarchy" from Anatolian ideas (Karling ideas are having this trigger in vanilla).

Reactions:
Added three new issues from EU4 patch 1.14 (except incompatible supported_version):
Code:
2A1. Hansa is now mapped to Lubeck. Caused by split of Hansa and tag reuse in 1.14.
2F1. High American technology group is now in vanilla EU4. That means that files in directory sunset_invasion/common/units/, sunset_invasion/common/technology.txt and localisation/sunset_invasion_custom_technology_groups_l_english.yml are not longer needed.
2F2. Inca custom fourth idea Official Axe-monies is using non existing modifier "global_trade_income_modifier".

Add two new issues:
Code:
2A4. Game keep original forts building from EU4 1444 start date. This result in strange configurations, like 2 province tributary with two forts. Forts should be generated based 
2F3. All SI countries are using old fort system (fort1 tags) which leads to no forts expect capital for Aztec, Maya, Inca and other larger countries

Added new issue:
Code:
2C4. Are converted religion are missing description. This is caused by lack of religion_religion_desc entry in converted_religions_l_language.yml file. This entry could be automatically generated with content of religion_DESC localization entry in CK2.

This is additional localization that could be automatically generated in addition to rebels (C5) and SOA missing localizations (C6).

So EUIV added a bunch of cultures in the custom nations, so would we want to use any of them?

Anglo-Saxon --> Anglo-Saxon
Aramaic
Athenian
Atlantean
Babylonian
Etrurian
Levantine (Jewish) --> Hebrew
Jan Mayenese
Egyptian (Christian) --> Old Egyptian
Parthian
Phoenician
Prussian (Slavic) --> Pruthenian
Roman --> Roman
Scanian
Scythian
Spartan

Anglo-Saxon and Roman are obvious. Pruthenian is pretty much Old Prussian. Hebrew makes a better Jewish Middle-East culture than Sephardi or Ashkenazi. Old Egyptian would be a good thing to call pre-Arabized Egypt and the EU IV --> Victoria II converter is converting Old Egyptian as Copts so to have Christian Egyptians convert to that would work.

Problem with these cultures is that they're all in the "lost cultures" group. It would be weird to have CK2's Prussians and Anglo-Saxons end up in that group rather than British/Germanic and Baltic respectively. So unless the EU4 groups are reworked these cultures can't really be used.

Actually, it seems pretty strange to me that Anglo-Saxon and Scottish are in the Same group in EU4.

The thing with Sottish culture is that it encompasses both the Germanic lowland Scots and the Gaelic-speaking highlanders. They'll split it up in the next EU4 patch though, I wish they did the same in CK2.

I think they deliberately gave that new cultures different in-code names than the ck2 ones (anglosaxon instead of anglo_saxon, pruthenian instead of old_prussian) so they don't clash and the ck2 imported cultures are still in the correct culture group.

Old Prussian isn't slavic, by the way.

I think they deliberately gave that new cultures different in-code names than the ck2 ones (anglosaxon instead of anglo_saxon, pruthenian instead of old_prussian) so they don't clash and the ck2 imported cultures are still in the correct culture group.

Old Prussian isn't slavic, by the way.

Would make more sense to put those cultures into proper groups in EU4 (rather than lost_cultures_group) though, and then have their CK2 counterpart mapped to them.

For issue 2A5, can those files just be deleted or will that mess everything up?

They can be just deleted, but I cannot be done without replacing whole converter dir (including in the mod). However existence of this files should not affect converted games in any way*, so you can just leave them as it is. This issues is rather to simplify further maintenance of converter.

* If you find them causing any issue that is not already listed, please post it in this thread.

Hi!
I noticed the converter does not add a country_as_secondary bonus to any of the ck2 religions. That means that tengri nations do not get anything by selecting them as syncretic faith.
You should probably put that on your list.
Thank you.

Thank you for the report. Added as:
Code:
2A6. None of CK2 has "country_as_secondary" bonus specified. That means that they do not provide any bonus if selected as syncretic faith by Tengri.

If you have any suggestion for secondary bonuses, please post them in the vcf mod thread.

This line in nation_table.csv is probably broken:
Code:
d_munster;MNS;Munster;Munster Duchy
"Munster" is the wrong country file, it’s for the German Münster. The correct one is "IRE_Munster".
I would assume this is preventing d_munster from ever converting as MNS, but I can’t seem to get it to convert as MNS even with the IRE_ correction.

EDIT: Likewise, all of these column-3 values in nation_table.csv are wrong, because they don't point to real filenames in countries/. Correct value is in brackets.

Code:
Duchy of Athens         [Athens]
Hainut                  [Hainaut]
Jharkand                [Jharkhand]
Lubeck                  [Hansa]
Luxembourgh             [Luxembourg]
Pommern                 [Pommerania]
Principality of Achaia  [PrincipalityOfAchaia]
Switzerland             [Schweiz]
Tyrol                   [Tirol]

Last edited: