• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed Papal States seem to get the carolingian ideas instead of the papal ones also if you convert at later bookmarks.

Does this happen only if the Pope is from Karling dynasty? Could you provide a name of the bookmark when issues happens occurs? I falied to reproduce it for 769 bookmark.

Converted the game from "the Mongols" bookmark.

The Pope is italian and not a Karling.

Also some german minors have Carolingians ideas despite the karling line being entirely died out.

eu4_11.jpg

Here is the converted mod files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/67zle57qa2cwbre/Converted_Mongol.7z

Here the screen:

An italian merchant republic get the carolingian ideas. (In this game all karlings are dead).

It's not the only case, all the other merchant republics get these ideas (Venice and Pisa in this game).

Also 2 monastic orders, K. of Calatrava and K. of Santiago get carolingians ideas.

This is the ck2 savegame

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6he6hfziv3jc73/Latin_Empire1444_01_08.ck2

eu4_12.jpg

+ Golden Horde has wrong converted technology, notechgroup. the textfile in history/countries is from, it should be nomad_group instead of nomad.

Added to the list in main post, as I was able reproduce it with game converted from The Hundered Years Wars bookmark (1337).

There is a problem with setting of TI for nations in High American Technology Group - there are only able to see territory owned by nations withing this group, with exception for Aztec, that see a European Cost. Nations in North|South American group, are in contrast able to see whole continent. As they are more advanced technologically, nations in High American group should be able to see at least the same amount of provinces as ones in native group, that means all provinces in both American continents.

Terra Incognita for Aztec (High American):

Terra Incognita for Mikmaq (North American):

Terra Incognita for Charrua (South American):

There are some OPM nations with native technology groups that borders boosted countries. They should receive boost in technology and provinces number to avoid being immediately annexed. The nations contains: Kiowa, Charrua and Pequot. Furthermore Comanche (COM) is still OPM with High Technolgy group, while it has neighboring uncolonized provinces. Add following provinces to this nation:

Proposed changes:

* Kiowa (KIO) should get additional provinces: [2596, 2597, 2598]. Comanche gets: [2501, 2503, 2504].
[url=http://postimg.org/image/jg4lsxjbp/]

* Pequot (PEQ) should get provinces: [2560, 962, 965, 967, 2639]. Province 957 added to Cherokee (CHE) to avoid having hole in coastline.
[/url]

* Charrua (CUA) should get additional provinces: [2846, 2847, 2849, 2861]. Alternative solution would be to add this whole are or only Rio De La Plata (778) to Inca, to avoid boosting nation in South America.

Mappings for sunset_invasion_province_table.csv:
Code:
2501;COM;
2503;COM;
2504;COM;
957;CHE;
2502;KIO;
2596;KIO;
2597;KIO;
2598;KIO;
2010;PEQ;
2560;PEQ;
962;PEQ;
965;PEQ;
967;PEQ;
2639;PEQ;
778;CUA;
2846;CUA;
2847;CUA;
2849;CUA;
2861;CUA;

Last edited:
heh...converter very broken, optimization bad...but CK2 playable and that good)

Actually, not. If you do not get into problem with nomad technology group, the games after conversion are pretty playable. All of the issue, except one listed under "Setup:" section, are rather cosmetic.

Edit: If you are aware of problems not listed in the first post, please let me know. I trying to make this list comprehensive.

Actually, not. If you do not get into problem with nomad technology group, the games after conversion are pretty playable. All of the issue, except one listed under "Setup:" section, are rather cosmetic.

Edit: If you are aware of problems not listed in the first post, please let me know. I trying to make this list comprehensive.
In my conversion all countries in India became Western tech group, Baltic countries became Nomad and all altaic nations became Oghuz_ideas, Alanian country have generic ideas...for me that version of converter very buggy and bad

In my conversion all countries in India became Western tech group, Baltic countries became Nomad and all altaic nations became Oghuz_ideas, Alanian country have generic ideas...for me that version of converter very buggy and bad

For the technology group mapping, it look like the current system relies only on technological advancement of nations in CK2, and the Western technology group is assigned to most advanced nations from CK2 relatively to other nations (the absolute value of advancement does not matter) and the lower groups are assigned accordingly. For my conversion system worked fine when I converted game from end-game period (1453), my nations with Byzantium got Western tech group, while France that was fairly behind in technology got Eastern. But this system produces strange results if game is converted out of box from 769/867 bookmark, but for me it's fine, as it was designed to continue game from 1444. And I like the fact that the system rewards your investments into technology development, rather than being culture-based.

For the ideas - I am unable to determine is such behavior is buggy, I have no idea what ideas they should receive. To actually report a bug, you must explain why do you think that behavior is buggy, in your case it would be pointing out what ideas they should get and why.

Just saying that "converted is very buggy" without reporting and pointing out actual problems will not give any input for the development and actually improving the converter. With such approach the converter will never be improved to "good" state. This is a bug report forum, so you should post a proper reports here. Of course you may decide that you do not want to invest your time into writing proper reports, that fine, you have bought the game for having fun, not investing your time into doing QA, but this still does not add any value to "it's broken" posts.

Last edited:
Timurids for some reason have 'No Technology Group', which means they can't even build units.

I think that this is an effect of problem with invalid reference to "nomad_group" already mentioned in first post:
Setup:
- Nomad technology group is referenced as "nomad" instead of "nomad_group", which causes countries to end up with ntechgroup after conversion. When the game is converted from 'The Hundred Years Wars' is affects Golden Horde. (post)
Could you confirm that for my by checking the technology group assigned to Timurids in mod files. Just check the line starting with "technology_group" in the file "history/countries/TIM - Timurid Empire.txt" inside mod generated by CK2 exporter? If the group is set to "nomad" then it is the same problem. Also if I am right, then changing it to "nomad_group" should fix the game for you.

Last edited:
I think that this is an effect of problem with invalid reference to "nomad_group" already mentioned in first post:

Could you confirm that for my by checking the technology group assigned to Timurids in mod files. Just check the line starting with "technology_group" in the file "history/countries/TIM - Timurid Empire.txt" inside mod generated by CK2 exporter? If the group is set to "nomad" then it is the same problem. Also if I am right, then changing it to "nomad_group" should fix the game for you.
Yeah, just checked, it IS set to 'nomad' group. I changed it to nomad_group and it seems to have fixed the Timurids, thank you!

There are still a few oddities with the converter regarding tech groups though. For some reason, the game decided to put Sweden and Teutonic Order (among others) in the Muslim tech group, while the Ilkhanate is Western Tech!

Also, probably a nitpick, but somewhat related. Most of the Central Asian states that should be Khanates are kingdoms for some reason.

Yeah, just checked, it IS set to 'nomad' group. I changed it to nomad_group and it seems to have fixed the Timurids, thank you!

Thank you for confirming that this it is the same problem.

There are still a few oddities with the converter regarding tech groups though. For some reason, the game decided to put Sweden and Teutonic Order (among others) in the Muslim tech group, while the Ilkhanate is Western Tech!

Just see my response from two post above. New system seems to thread Western simply as 'most advanced nations', and is ignoring religion/cultural correspondence of tech groups in EU4. Anyway if the Sweden is more advanced technologically than Ilkhanate in CK2 in your game, then I would agree that it is a bug.

Also, probably a nitpick, but somewhat related. Most of the Central Asian states that should be Khanates are kingdoms for some reason.

I would like to provide you some more background on the issue. Why do you think that they should be Khanates? Are they tribal, if so, then there us already bug on the list, about tribal kingdoms converting to feudal monarchy. If not, what characteristics of these nations in your current game in CK2 that differentiate them from other nations, that should impose that they should become Khanates?

I am just trying to get the rationale behind bug. Just the fact that in historically there were Khanates in this, does mean that they should allways be converted into them, as you are creating alternate history scenarios.

For the technology group mapping, it look like the current system relies only on technological advancement of nations in CK2, and the Western technology group is assigned to most advanced nations from CK2 relatively to other nations (the absolute value of advancement does not matter) and the lower groups are assigned accordingly. For my conversion system worked fine when I converted game from end-game period (1453), my nations with Byzantium got Western tech group, while France that was fairly behind in technology got Eastern. But this system produces strange results if game is converted out of box from 769/867 bookmark, but for me it's fine, as it was designed to continue game from 1444. And I like the fact that the system rewards your investments into technology development, rather than being culture-based.

Its working as designed, and during the time of 769 and 867 it isn't far fetched to put the Indian's as the strongest technologically. That is how the history files for CK2 are scripted. How it is right now is that it calculated a median value of everyone in the world, those that hits over that mark with a good margin becomes western, if you are near the median then you are eastern and if you are way below then you get something much worse.

Reactions:
Its working as designed, and during the time of 769 and 867 it isn't far fetched to put the Indian's as the strongest technologically. That is how the history files for CK2 are scripted. How it is right now is that it calculated a median value of everyone in the world, those that hits over that mark with a good margin becomes western, if you are near the median then you are eastern and if you are way below then you get something much worse.

Thank for your reply! Maybe, to avoid confusion, the technology groups should be renamed to something less geographically/culture/religion related. Something like "Highest" instead of "Western" and "Lowest" instead of "Nomad", but better sounding.