• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23127)

In the cooler - to stay...
Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
I have tried to mod files for the first time, and I have now made a translation of CK into Danish.
So, What is Changed...
-All General text in CK
-All Advances
-All Laws
-All Trait Names
-All Units
-All Provincial Text
-A lot of Provinces and Nations
-Most Events(People have different versions, and different mods, so its kind of difficult to pick out eventfiles to be translated...)

And what is not changed...
-The Credits (Who read them after all!)
-Some Multiplayer things

I dont say its a super version translation. There might be a couple of missed texts or misspellings..
Perhaps some other might could use it, so here it is!
If there is enough who will use it and there is a mood for it, I "could" perhaps try to translate the events and fix errors.

#####NEWEST UPDATE#####
DOWNLOAD THE VERSION FOR PATCH 1.05 - 22th MARCH FROM HERE

Last edited:
I have made a new Version that will fix some errors and mispellings, as well as translate some more regular events...

If you see anything that should be changed or something you wish to comment, write a post here and I will try to fix it if I can...

Last edited:
New Version again...
This time I have begun to translate the most normal events, and I have also fixed some other problems...

Last edited:
Well... I think I also wanted a to show some screenshots...

1ck.jpg

2ck.jpg

3ck.jpg

4ck.jpg

Dine vassaler under nuværende Vassaller skal være med lille v.

Krig = krig

Snigmorder = snigmorder

Giftermål = giftemål (ægteskab)

Gave = gave

Kardinaller = Kardinaler

Herredømme = Domæne

Pavekontrollør = Pavelig magthaver

Mandskraft = Ledingsstyrke

Vasaler = Vasaller

Efterfølgere = Arvinger ?

Det ser eller fint ud.

Esben

Looks good. :)

Personally, I would translate "Pope of Papal States" as "Pave af Kirkestaten", not as "af Vatikanet". The Vatican is just a small area of Rome, while "Kirkestaten" describes the entire papal domain.

esbenmf said:
Mandskraft = Ledingsstyrke
I would rather suggest "hærstørrelse" or even just "soldater". "Ledingsstyrke" sounds terribly archaic. ;)

About "ledingsstyrke": Yup, but the period is quite a few hundred years past, and my guess is that there were no "soldiers" in CK timeframe, as the word is newer. Soldier has some kind of professional (or at least full time to it).

Hærstørrelse sounds a bit boring.

"Ledingsopbud" might be better, but sounds possibly yet even more old.

With a little more thought I think, ledingopbud is THE right word.

Esben

edit: spelling and expanding.

Last edited:
A few more comments, there are too meny capitals in your text, only the first word should have a captial letter.

Sværg loyalitet til = Sværg troskab til or ever more old: Give sig i vold

"Kongeriget England har et herredømme over"= "Kongeriget England har et domæne på", or even better "England har et kongligt domæne på".

Uddannelse:

I hoffet = Ved hoffet

I et kloster = Ved et kloster

Charactertemplate:

Styrke = Hærfører

Intriger = Intrige

Maybe "Pave af Vatikanet" should be "Pave af guds nåde", but I am not too well founded in catholic theology and it might be wrong and thus worse.

Esben

Thanks for your comments...
I thought I just wanted to tell where I stand now...
You see, some of the files are finished now... I ran them through to look after errors, like those things you have posted as well as new problems and misspellings I found myself. New things have also been translated, but I still miss to run through the 4 biggest files...
Two of them are actually done... i just need to look them through for misspellings... The next one I have only translated like 1/8 of... But I'm starting to make progress...
The biggest one I am 3/4 finished with, so it might not take long. I just also have to run this through after misspellings...
And next time there is a version, there still might be a couple of things I have missed, so dont expect it to be completly finished....

About the question on the Papal State, I first had it translated to "Vatikanet". Then I changed it to "Pavestaten"...
But somehow it sounds a bit wierd to say "Pave af Pavestaten"...
So now I call it "Pave af Guds nåde". That is fine for me, and it only has one downside... That when you press the Papal State, it will say "Guds nåde" in the top left corner as the name of the realm! Its just that, otherwise its good enough... In the events I will use "Pavestaten" as the translated word for Papal State. I hope this is fine for you? Or would you like it changed?

BTW, I have runned all files through and made those changed you asked for. It looks much better now...
I now just have to translate the remaining events, and then I will make a new version...
If you find more things to be changed, let me know! :)

esbenmf said:
About "ledingsstyrke": Yup, but the period is quite a few hundred years past, and my guess is that there were no "soldiers" in CK timeframe, as the word is newer. Soldier has some kind of professional (or at least full time to it).

Hærstørrelse sounds a bit boring.

"Ledingsopbud" might be better, but sounds possibly yet even more old.

With a little more thought I think, ledingopbud is THE right word.
I really don't think so. Ledingsopbud is a rather technical word for a very specific way of raising forces. It's doubtful whether it would be appropriate even for the Danish kingdom in 1066, and it definitely wouldn't fit e.g. France at the same time. I'd suggest the more general hærstørrelse.

No need to bog the mod down in historiographical detail, of course, but still...

Northern Viking said:
About the question on the Papal State, I first had it translated to "Vatikanet". Then I changed it to "Pavestaten"...
But somehow it sounds a bit wierd to say "Pave af Pavestaten"...
So now I call it "Pave af Guds nåde". That is fine for me, and it only has one downside... That when you press the Papal State, it will say "Guds nåde" in the top left corner as the name of the realm! Its just that, otherwise its good enough... In the events I will use "Pavestaten" as the translated word for Papal State. I hope this is fine for you? Or would you like it changed?
I think it would be better to use (af) Kirkestaten for both. Af Guds nåde is a phrase usually connected with kingship.

I am only missing a single file, and there will be an update...

So... I should change Papal State to Kirkestaten?
And what about the manpower? I have set it to Ledingsopbud! But what should it then be? Should it instead be Hærstørrelse?

REGION_ASIA_MINOR;Asiske Minoriteter
REGION_MIDDLE_EAST;Middeløsten
REGION_SCANDINAVIA;Scandinavien

should be:

REGION_ASIA_MINOR;Lille Asien
REGION_MIDDLE_EAST;Mellemøsten
REGION_SCANDINAVIA;Skandinavien

There is alot of bugs in it, many with tribe names like Sames it should be samer

Last edited:
Ok thanks for poitning out... If you see any other bugnames please report them and I will fix them before I post my next update...

Northern Viking said:
Ok thanks for poitning out... If you see any other bugnames please report them and I will fix them before I post my next update...
Schizofren = Skizofren
Brilliant Strateg = Brillant Strateg
Castilliansk = Kastiliansk
Catalansk = Katalansk
Ungarsk = Ungarnsk
Bøhmsk = Bøhmisk
Portugesisk = Portugisisk
The culture Tempelordenen should be Tempelridder and the same with the other orders.

Also there is a bug with armenske minoriterer it should be Lille Armenien

CRUSADES_TARGET;Det nuværenmde korstog skal befri %s

SPOUSE;Ægtefælde(før Hustru);;;;;;;;;;X

Last edited:
cool-toxic said:
Ungarsk = Ungarnsk

Also there is a bug with armenske minoriterer it should be Lille Armenien

SPOUSE;Ægtefælde(før Hustru);;;;;;;;;;X

ungarsk IS ungarsk, just checked in Nudansk Ordbog.

Ægtefælde er eddermame en sjov stavefejl. Det hedder ægtefælle. Det andet er en ægte fælde. Mu ha ha.

Lilleasien og Lillearmenien er begge et ord.

Pavestaten/Vatikanet/Kirkestaten: Pave af Pavestaten is just plain silly. The pope is pope for all catholics so, "of the holy catholic church" or Den Hellige Katolske Kirke" might be better. Then there is a problem with the actual state, but we can't solve this, it is one name for two different things.

Keep up the good work.

Esben

esbenmf said:
Pavestaten/Vatikanet/Kirkestaten: Pave af Pavestaten is just plain silly. The pope is pope for all catholics so, "of the holy catholic church" or Den Hellige Katolske Kirke" might be better. Then there is a problem with the actual state, but we can't solve this, it is one name for two different things.
The problem is that the original title, Pope of the Papal States, is silly in itself. But if the aim is to make a faithful port into Danish, it should be Pave af Kirkestaten, since that's the correct translation in Danish.

esbenmf said:
ungarsk IS ungarsk, just checked in Nudansk Ordbog.
Yes, sorry. :rolleyes:

esbenmf said:
Ægtefælde er eddermame en sjov stavefejl. Det hedder ægtefælle. Det andet er en ægte fælde. Mu ha ha.
Aint it a "ægte fælde" :D

esbenmf said:
Lilleasien og Lillearmenien er begge et ord.
hmm, yes.

IWGRAB_NOPRESTIGE;Du behøver %.I prestige for at kunne gøre dette.;;;;;;;;;;x
IWGRAB_ALREADY;Vi har allerede krav på denne titel.;;;;;;;;;;x
IWGRAB_COST;Det vil koste dig %.I prestige for at kunne gøre dette.;;;;;;;;;;x
I can't see how much prestige i will lose if i lay claim on the titles.