• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trihero1

Sergeant
7 Badges
Nov 17, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue
Tribals can use non-tribal cultural research

Game Version
Azure 1.4.4

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Tribals are clearly according to the tooltips not allowed to make use of tech beyond the tribal era. It says this if you hover above the tooltip in the culture for tribal era, and also if you are a tribal and somehow have tech unlocked in later eras, hovering over the research says "blocked for tribals." However, despite the tooltip saying research is blocked, you can still use it freely as a tribal.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Go to 1066 select your own ruler, look at a territory just north of sweden called angermanland. It's a tribal ruler that has some non-tribal tech unlocked like mangonels, and increased MAA size. You can recruit mangonels, and your MAA size is as if you could use the research, even when the research says it's blocked for tribals. Tribals are not supposed to be able to make use of tech beyond the tribal stage, so something is wrong here.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20210819231306_1.jpg
    20210819231306_1.jpg
    388,7 KB · Views: 0
Hi!

We require a save game to properly investigate the issue. Please attach a zipped save here, if possible.
Save games can usually be found at: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games

Cheers!

What's wrong with the easy reproducible step I gave? It's not that hard to create a new game, select the ruler I specified. Did it not work for you? Guess I have to go out of my way to find the saved game. Here you go see attachment below =_=

Attachments

• Chieftain_Thord_of_Angermanland_1066_09_15.ck3
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
What's wrong with the easy reproducible step I gave? It's not that hard to create a new game, select the ruler I specified. Did it not work for you? Guess I have to go out of my way to find the saved game. Here you go see attachment below =_=
Well, maybe it's easier and faster when you provide a save, allowing them to work more efficiently?
No need for that attitude in any case.

Yes, of course. You're perfectly right, it is indeed very easy to reproduce. I admit I didn't follow your specific instructions before making that post, my bad.
Didn't help that I had been pissed off by someone else, but that's not a reason.

Anyway I'd like to know what's what too now. Is it intended or is it just bad wording? The culture head is feudal... but independent tribal rulers from same culture can use medieval innovations... yep, sounds weird alright.