• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tercero_esp

Corporal
33 Badges
Nov 27, 2020
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Short summary of your issue Sudden loss of territory with no apparent cause/pop up

Game Version 1.2

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Territories suddenly defect with no apparent reason given, it is obvious it is linked to religious issues, but there is no way for my character (liege) to prevent it at all

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

One thing that is super annoying though, is that you randomly lose land to religious rebellions because your vassals/liege lose that rebellion.

For example, I usually play as Iberian characters, and as Duke of Mallorca, vassal of Aquitaine, I granted my son 4 muslim territories that I just conquered in the penninsula, after 10 years, they just defected and become independent with muslim rulers without any pop-up or anything that could have notify me that this was about to happen.

The issue, I think, is that the rebellion was either done at my vassal level or at my liege level but I was never aware of that (couldn't even see the "orange" armies, so I never knew that was happening).

In my opinion, there should be a system to make us aware there is anything going on that could make you lose land, in this case, a pop up at the top, or an "ongoing war" symbol at the bottom right.

Personally, I think you should be able to assist your vassals or your liege in any of these wars "for your territory" if they can't handle them and get a hook on them if thanks to your contribution you end up winning the war - Even if you don't agree with getting the hook, please make very clear when something like this is happening, because I had 2k troops + capacity for hiring mercenaries and never even thought about using them because I could never notice there was something going on there.

Alternatively, if what happened (because I am not sure as nothing really was announced), my son decided to "give away" that land to these rebellious dudes, I think a vassal should not be allowed to unilaterally grant independence from its liege to random dudes, maybe they can give away their land, but certainly not allow third parties to become independent, isn't that right?

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Post-rebellion.PNG
    Post-rebellion.PNG
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Pre-rebellion.PNG
    Pre-rebellion.PNG
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hello Tercero_esp!

Thank you for your report! Unfortunately, the issue does not reproduce on our end. Can you provide us with more information? Ideally a save file from before the issue occurred, however if you have a save file right after this could be helpful too. Please attach a zipped save here, if possible.
Save games can usually be found at: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games

Hello Tercero_esp!

Thank you for your report! Unfortunately, the issue does not reproduce on our end. Can you provide us with more information? Ideally a save file from before the issue occurred, however if you have a save file right after this could be helpful too. Please attach a zipped save here, if possible.
Save games can usually be found at: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games

Sadly I cant do this because I play with NVIDIA GeForce Now.

I would suggest (if you can do this manually) to put a large Duchy of Mallorca covering all Duchy of Valencia with a relaitvely weak liege (Kingdom of Aquitaine), capital in Mallorca many counties with muslim religon, relative low fervor for catholic vs. muslim. Grant the same counties to your heir. Hopefully that works

Thank you! Actually it happened again on an Empire level (i.e. lost territories but those remain within the empire) without the effect of religion. This time I was the Kingdom of Galicia/Badajoz/Andalusia/Valencia/Sardinia (hold all those titles) under the Italia Empire, my ruler was a female teen and people were not supporting her that much (negative relations all over the place), but I only lost random counties without any pop-up again this time... - Interestingly, I was expecting factions or something to be created but there were none, so maybe both things are related...

Happened again in the same playthrough (reconquered everything and lost it again...)

Find below the screenshot, I just saw that with no pop up to prevent the rebellion or anything, just lost all the land, to be honest, I had like 7K troops or something and 20K+ troops worth of allies, I could have stood up any rebellion, but the game decided to give land away with no ask... Maybe there is an auto-accept for rebellions? I don't know...

I captured the screenshot when it said county of Denia, but apparently lost all the Kingdom of Valencia again and some other random duchies.

Note that all Iberia but 1 county is Christian, and everything is Catholic but 1 duchy which was Waldesian. The rebellion looks to be based on culture (?)... sooo annoying...

I was in the middle of another rebellion war after I tried to imprison the Waldesian Duke of Granada (which hasn't deflected), then suddenly everthing collapse with no justification at all...

Rebellion.PNG

Hello Tercero_esp!

Hello Tercero_esp,

Thank you for getting back to us! We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database.

Hi, is this something that has been fixed in the latest patches?