CK III - Problem ironman mode. Game keeps freezing within a couple minutes of play time.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Balðr

Private
7 Badges
May 9, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue Problem ironman mode. Game keeps freezing within a couple minutes of play time.

Game Version 1.0.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
So, in ironmanmode the timer stops every 3 months, only the timer, not the animation, or the clicks, it's pretty much like an autosave, but im not sure if it's autosave of the game or a bug. This happen every Day 2 of every 3 months, that's it's what make me think that it could be the autosave.

Some people had related that on discord and paradox forum too. This problem don't happen if you are on normal mode game (not ironman), in which the game runs smoothly amazing. Apparently, the problem is on ironman mode, they need to fix it urgently. This bug probably is ocurring because of the autosave, i don't know, it's truly ruining my gameplay and fun on ironman mode, giving me longest play I ever had far (and well, I'm a achievement collector, so, this is torture).

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Already answered.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I don't think so.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
yeah i have the same problem with ironman autosaves. like it will be fine for a few years, the game will actually say when its autosaving and then it starts autosaving on randon months like April, August, October, November January. and when it saves then the autosave popup doesnt happen and the game starts to freeze or stops responding. but most of the time it does the timestop but u can still click thru all the menus

Guys, a moderator already found the bug. It was the CLOUD SAVE. Yeah, you need to disable this to avoid the reported bug. The game runs perfect fast, it's just disable this. Let's get all the achievements more fast now.

Reactions:
Guys, a moderator already found the bug. It was the CLOUD SAVE. Yeah, you need to disable this to avoid the reported bug. The game runs perfect fast, it's just disable this. Let's get all the achievements more fast now.

Just tried, worked for me ! Thank you so much friend !!

Just tried it and it doesn't work. I think the freeze takes less time (though that might also be simply the new save which is lighter or something) but the freeze is still here.

edit: actually the problem disappears when loading the save, but is present the first time.

Last edited: