• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

N KAKYOIN

Recruit
2 Badges
Jun 20, 2020
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Short summary of your issue
Portrait Complexions Broken

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Since the new update the complexions of the character portraits are not displaying correctly, only showing up as "Complexion Type 1" no matter what option you select in Ruler Designer; this issue also carries over in-game, regardless of the character's DNA code.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Go into Ruler Designer, then to the "Head & Neck" tab, and try clicking through the various complexions. They have no effect on the character portrait.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I attached 3 screenshots. The first is a screenshot in-game that shows this issue persists beyond Ruler Designer. The second is of Ruler Designer in the current version. The third is of that same character in version 1.7.2's Ruler Designer.

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• bug_ingame.png
    bug_ingame.png
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
  • bug_rd.png
    bug_rd.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • old_version.png
    old_version.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Can confirm.

I did a extensive test with Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded mod, and found that their 45 added complexions have been effectively reduced to just 3 complexions.

Going down their list of 45 complexions in the RD
  • 1 to 7 = all seem to be the same
  • 8 to 45 = all seem to be the same
  • Beautiful = is different to both groups (1 to 7) and (8 to 45)
  • ugly = seems to be the same as the first group (1 to 7)
Again this carries through to the game, and it makes the game very much less.

Prior to the Robe update the EPE complexions were very noticeably different all the way through the list of 45.

Reactions:
The following constants seem to be broken/removed.

HasDiffuseMapOverride
HasPropertiesMapOverride
HasNormalMapOverride

Snippet of the shader code below:

Code:
                if ( HasDiffuseMapOverride > 0.5f )
                {
                    Diffuse = PdxTex2D( DiffuseMapOverride, UV0 );
                }
                else
                {
                    Diffuse = PdxTex2D( DiffuseMap, UV0 );
                }

Therefore if the above constants return 0.0f, the Override maps get disabled.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just wanted to say I took a poll at Reddit, and over 20 people are also having this bug. The others I don't think are paying attention. Please fix this! It's a huge oversite.

Reactions:
Thank you for your report. I was able to reproduce the issue and have added it to our database.

• 3Like
Reactions:
How can this severe bug still exist to this date?
Hello! With the holidays a lot of the team took time off at various points during the month of December as well as for the New Year. They are human and need time to unwind, relax, and spend time with family just like the rest of us :D

Reactions:
Hello! With the holidays a lot of the team took time off at various points during the month of December as well as for the New Year. They are human and need time to unwind, relax, and spend time with family just like the rest of us :D
Fair enough, yet such a crucial thing could have been fixed in a couple of days. The „unofficial patch“ mod on the Steam Workshop fixed it immediately. It’s not like we are asking for the devs to work during holidays. There was plenty of time between December 3rd and January 9th.

• 3Like
Reactions:
There was a patch that was released after this bug was confirmed, and it didn't have a fix in it. So, yeah....I don't know if they are planning on ever getting to it. There are so many bugs in this game that really need to get fixed, but it doesn't seem like they are a priority.