• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cogit0

Recruit
Dec 26, 2013
Short summary of your issue
Knights arent joining army after saving/loading

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Any leaders knights wont join his army if you have saved/loaded game during period army is being raised

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Start any new game with any ruler. For example: Petty king Murchad mac Donnchad at 1066
Dont unpause and raise all army
Save
Load
Unpause and wait for army to complete

Erroneus result: No knights have joined army and it will be impossible to make them join army in the future

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Possible problem is game being badly saved, specifically data about gathering army and knights in it. In save file i found this probably erroneous data:
armies={
armies={
<army ID>={
gathering_groups={
knights={ 147141744617717154861800518176} // probably erroneous data
}
}
}
}

Seems probably erroneous data is saved combination of all knights ids without spaces and loading game cant resolve it
It makes impossible to reraise knights since they stuck forever with attribute:
is_raising=yes

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Petty_King_Murchad_of_Munster_1066_09_15.ck3
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Good catch mate!

I have been pounding my head against a wall for days trying to figure out why my knights keep bugging out. I always save after I declare war and then queue troop movements.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I edited my save file and was able to resolve the issue temporarily.

I found each of my Knights in the save file and in this section I changed is_raising=yes to no:

}
court_data={
employer=28294
knight=yes
is_raising=yes
}

I don't know what the patch changed but saving the file while it is YES will keep it in a state of YES for some reason.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I found each of my Knights in the save file and in this section I changed is_raising=yes to no
Nice, you have found the way to fix save. Thats definitly way to do it.
There is issue with AI knights, they also can get stuck. You may want to fix them also.
I think it is possible to just search and replace every string is_raising=yes to is_raising=no or empty line, but might cause crash while loading.
Since it is impossible to know if AI raising knights during save, player cant be sure he did a good save. Hope this bug will be fixed in next update

• 2Like
Reactions:

I found each of my Knights in the save file and in this section I changed is_raising=yes to no:

}
court_data={
employer=28294
knight=yes
is_raising=yes
}

I don't know what the patch changed but saving the file while it is YES will keep it in a state of YES for some reason.
How did you do this? I tried using notepad++ to edit the save file but the file seems to be in the wrong format.

EDIT!: I used the all powerful GOOGLE and figured it out. Easy way to do it with notepad++ is ctrl+F and use the replace function on is_raised=yes to change all instances in the file to is_raised=no. It seems as well that this does not affect AI armies that are currently raised, they keep the number of knights they had previously.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just came to report that I'm playing in the last version 1.4 and the bug is still present. Editing the save still works too but of course is not ideal. Hope it gets fixed soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Um I have the same problem with champions so I tried to do the fix but except for the first 3 parts that explains the player. player heir and husband/wife stats, everything is just gibberish in all my saves?

D1høEð»ˆât¥¹\,1Õ‰e¥y¤9”+4˜öÆj«ÞÎþB£Ô†¨TwäcNŒŠáöe>ØQTŽ?FdTtÓ¸FŽ©ÅíD!‰PŠbt0w€]3yx·6 <-- Literally just copied a random part in the gibelty goop... All my save files of different characters look the same btw.

Even downloaded notepad++ thinking maybe it would show things properly. Anyone know what this is about or another fix, Im very much NOT computer-savvy, I just wanna play me game~

• 1Like
Reactions:
To edit saves, you need to save them in debug mode.
Oh I have it on "-debug_mode" through steam already. I tried setting that off and on again, saving on both occasions with the same result. Unless I'm missing something and that's not what you mean XD

EDIT: I got help and managed to get it to work!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oh I have it on "-debug_mode" through steam already. I tried setting that off and on again, saving on both occasions with the same result. Unless I'm missing something and that's not what you mean XD
Autosave through exit in debug mode always worked for me, unless I am in iron mode.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Autosave through exit in debug mode always worked for me, unless I am in iron mode.
I was told another fix that worked out for me but I did check the autosaves after reading this and you're right, they look normal too! :D Thanks!

Hopefully they fix it soon though cause having to change over and over is a pain :confused:

Reactions:
I have encountered the same issue when my ruler died when I was raising my armies. That particular army raised okay but any armies afterwards would only have 3 knights at most in them. In the end I could only fix it by going back to a previous save game and replaying that time.

Reactions:
Also seeing something similar where knights will not raise. This is since the patch, intermittent and in MP. Both players see it. Is there going to be at least some acknowledgement that this is still a problem 4 months later and after the latest patch? Thanks.

Reactions:
If you want to edit your save proper and only your own knights fixed. At the first page (use notepad++)

meta_dynasty_frame=2
meta_main_portrait={
type=male
id=36854 <---------- YOUR ID NR is different. (for me it was on line 38)

Look for this text

court_data={
employer=36854 <------- YOUR ID NR is different.
knight=yes
is_raising=yes <-- becomes --> is_raising=no

You can change it then and instead of like hundreds of knights raising, you only get around dozen or so depending how many are absent.

Also noticed sometimes who is a council member/leaving court note the line changes a bit.

court_data={
employer=36854
council_task=16784575 or leave_court_date=879.12.6 <----- Examples of dates and tasks.
knight=yes
is_raising=yes

in that case look for this but it also shows knights that aren't raised.
employer=36854
knight=yes

Last edited:
Reactions:

}
court_data={
employer=28294
knight=yes
is_raising=yes
}

How nice your instruction!
I solve it temporary.
In stead of replace the boolean, just remove the variable of "is_raising" that is effected as same as false value.

Reactions: