Confirmed CK III - Knights arent joining army after saving/loading

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

cogit0

Recruit
Dec 26, 2013
Short summary of your issue
Knights arent joining army after saving/loading

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Any leaders knights wont join his army if you have saved/loaded game during period army is being raised

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Start any new game with any ruler. For example: Petty king Murchad mac Donnchad at 1066
Dont unpause and raise all army
Save
Load
Unpause and wait for army to complete

Erroneus result: No knights have joined army and it will be impossible to make them join army in the future

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Possible problem is game being badly saved, specifically data about gathering army and knights in it. In save file i found this probably erroneous data:
armies={
armies={
<army ID>={
gathering_groups={
knights={ 147141744617717154861800518176} // probably erroneous data
}
}
}
}

Seems probably erroneous data is saved combination of all knights ids without spaces and loading game cant resolve it
It makes impossible to reraise knights since they stuck forever with attribute:
is_raising=yes

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Petty_King_Murchad_of_Munster_1066_09_15.ck3
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:

Zahnen

Recruit
Apr 8, 2021
Good catch mate!

I have been pounding my head against a wall for days trying to figure out why my knights keep bugging out. I always save after I declare war and then queue troop movements.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Countess of Bohemia

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
1 Badges
Feb 22, 2021
  • Crusader Kings III
Hi cogit0,

Thank you for reporting this issue! We have added it to our database and will investigate further.

Cheers!

• 2Like
Reactions:

Zahnen

Recruit
Apr 8, 2021
I edited my save file and was able to resolve the issue temporarily.

I found each of my Knights in the save file and in this section I changed is_raising=yes to no:

}
court_data={
employer=28294
knight=yes
is_raising=yes
}

I don't know what the patch changed but saving the file while it is YES will keep it in a state of YES for some reason.

Reactions:

cogit0

Recruit
Dec 26, 2013
I found each of my Knights in the save file and in this section I changed is_raising=yes to no
Nice, you have found the way to fix save. Thats definitly way to do it.
There is issue with AI knights, they also can get stuck. You may want to fix them also.
I think it is possible to just search and replace every string is_raising=yes to is_raising=no or empty line, but might cause crash while loading.
Since it is impossible to know if AI raising knights during save, player cant be sure he did a good save. Hope this bug will be fixed in next update