• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kiffe

Second Lieutenant
54 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Short summary of your issue
Grandson Player Heir will not inherit Claims

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
If (At least as a tribal ruler in confederate partition) your son dies after having a kid, your grandson will become your primary heir. Thing is, he does not get claims on the titles that are split with his uncles after death, like a regular son would.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Unecessary

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
nope

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 4545545454.jpg
    4545545454.jpg
    76,1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Even regular son might not get the claims that are split between his brothers. The heir only get pressed claims only if the siblings get the same tier titles. And if that's the case. I am pretty sure the grandson will get an unpressed claim.

If your grandson didn't get any claim I think that means he inherits the higher tier title and get his uncle as vassals. If primary heir will have other heirs as vassals then primary heir won't get a claim on other heirs. It's that simple.

You explained your case really poorly. And based on that I don't think you fully understand how claims work in this game.

Last edited:
Even regular son might not get the claims that are split between his brothers. The heir only get pressed claims only if the siblings get the same tier titles. And if that's the case. I am pretty sure the grandson will get an unpressed claim.

If your grandson didn't get any claim I think that means he inherits the higher tier title and get his uncle as vassals. If primary heir will have other heirs as vassals then primary heir won't get a claim on other heirs. It's that simple.

You explained your case really poorly. And based on that I don't think you fully understand how claims work in this game.

I obviously mean equal tier titles. He doesn't get the claims and it's clearly a bug seeing as his uncles who inherit the other titles DO get claims on his titles. I've seen this happen twice already, i'm not an idiot...

Usually if you own two kingdoms when dying you can immediately go to war on your brother over your titles. That is not the case if your grandson inherits through a dead person. He will get no claims, while his uncles who inherit the other titles will get claims on his titles.

It's a hard to explain bug so i think you're not understanding me. But i just felt the need to report it since it's been a bug for a while and i don't think anyone has done it.

Children get implicit claims on their parent's titles, that become pressed upon the parent's death. Did the grandson have implicit claims on all the originally held titles?

I obviously mean equal tier titles. He doesn't get the claims and it's clearly a bug seeing as his uncles who inherit the other titles DO get claims on his titles. I've seen this happen twice already, i'm not an idiot...

Usually if you own two kingdoms when dying you can immediately go to war on your brother over your titles. That is not the case if your grandson inherits through a dead person. He will get no claims, while his uncles who inherit the other titles will get claims on his titles.

It's a hard to explain bug so i think you're not understanding me. But i just felt the need to report it since it's been a bug for a while and i don't think anyone has done it.
Yea and that spongebob meme really does help does it? You need to add actual screenshot so people understand what's going on and able to help.

But yes grandson won't get any claim IF their parents are deceased BEFORE they get the claims. The grandson will only inherit the land his parents inherit. Claims are only passed at the time of death and when your son died he didn't have any pressed claims to pass to your grandson. I think that is intended, it always has been like that and I think it is fine as it is. You might think that is not intended. But I think you shouldn't get a claim to your uncle's throne because your parents suck at living and can't defend it. You just can't just make your grandson as a replacement for your son and think it will works the exact same as if he's your son.

Last edited:
Yea and that spongebob meme really does help does it? You need to add actual screenshot so people understand what's going on and able to help.

But yes grandson won't get any claim IF their parents are deceased BEFORE they get the claims. The grandson will only inherit the land his parents inherit. Claims are only passed at the time of death and when your son died he didn't have any pressed claims to pass to your grandson. I think that is intended, it always has been like that and I think it is fine as it is. You might think that is not intended. But I think you shouldn't get a claim to your uncle's throne because your parents suck at living and can't defend it. You just can't just make your grandson as a replacement for your son and think it will works the exact same as if he's your son.
That's an awful take. The grandson has implied claims on all of a grandparents titles before inheriting, implying that him not inheriting claims is unintended. As for "you shouldn't get claims on a title that belonged to your grandfather", that is nonsense both historically and gameplay wise. Either you give none of the sons a claim or you give them all a claim. If he has no claim to any of the land then why the hell is he 1st in the line of sucession? Why do his uncles get claims on his land?

As for the screenshots, i'm sorry but i have limited time. I thought this was an obvious bug and straightforward problem. Figured i'd report it since it's been around since day 1 and no fix. I thought i'd be doing a service to the community, but I have learned from my mistakes and won't report anymore bugs.

Reactions:
That's an awful take. The grandson has implied claims on all of a grandparents titles before inheriting, implying that him not inheriting claims is unintended. As for "you shouldn't get claims on a title that belonged to your grandfather", that is nonsense both historically and gameplay wise. Either you give none of the sons a claim or you give them all a claim. If he has no claim to any of the land then why the hell is he 1st in the line of sucession? Why do his uncles get claims on his land?

As for the screenshots, i'm sorry but i have limited time. I thought this was an obvious bug and straightforward problem. Figured i'd report it since it's been around since day 1 and no fix. I thought i'd be doing a service to the community, but I have learned from my mistakes and won't report anymore bugs.
Well the uncles is the direct son of the grandfather, your uncle is closer to your grandparent than you to your grandparent. The thing that makes a difference is here is just because your son dies before you. Dead person can't hold claims. If your son is alive and you play as him at least the grandson (now your son) will get an unpressed claim when the you die.

That also an awful take. It's a respectful attempt but I would just ask around in the forums first before posting anything on bug reports. Because this game is pretty complex for anyone to be certain that if something is either intended or a bug. I think this is intended and you think it is a bug. I've been here since 1.0 and been reporting things that I thought was a bug but some of them are actually intended. You shouldn't be discouraged when someone have a disagreement with you.

Hello,
This is a bug that has appeared in the 1.3 update. Before that, strong claims were equally inherited by all the heirs regardles of the familly links. Devs have noted it already, but didn't corrected yet.

Reactions:
Hello,
This is a bug that has appeared in the 1.3 update. Before that, strong claims were equally inherited by all the heirs regardles of the familly links. Devs have noted it already, but didn't corrected yet.
Interesting, do you know what the intended claims the grandson will get? is it pressed or unpressed claims?

From waht i remember, by my own experience, the grandson get pressed claims. I do belive (but can't be sure) that every heirs regardless of familly links with the deceased lord get the same. I have already reported this bug at the time of the 1.3.1 version but i wasn't the first and get a response saying that they where "aware of this issue and working on a resolution already." My repport title was "CK III - Grandson succession Issue" if you want to find it but there is a lot more repports on the subject.

Hi there!

Sorry for being a bit of a slowpoke - yes, we are aware of this issue. We are working tirelessly to bring up the quality of the game, so hang in there for a little while longer before we fix all issues!