Confirmed CK III - Gameplay - frozen abduction scheme never completes and cannot be cancelled

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Moonik_

Recruit
12 Badges
Aug 1, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue
Gameplay - frozen abduction scheme never completes and cannot be cancelled

Game Version
game version: Branch: release/1.4.4 Commit: 8b6e4f8e171c2667c387ee25e30411c535d61889 Timestamp: 2021-06-24 08:07:26 +0000 Commit Number: 62033 MP Checksum: 79ad clausewitz: titus/release/1.4.4 ec310a2660efed5e84efa3c559559ebcb78e9b5d jomini: titus/release/1.4.4 ec310a2660efed5e84efa3c559559ebcb78e9b5d external_libs: develop e3907e8d810637a7f618fd57558866578d77a2ac

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
I had an abduction event which never completed when progress was full and therefore could not be cancelled.
The only way I found to fix it was to enable debug mode and either kill or abduct the target using the debug mode. That obviously disabled my achievement progress in the process.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Use the abduction scheme. Wait untill it reaches the 100%, "hope" it freezes.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I was successfully able to complete the scheme on a neighbouring ruler (dutchy-tier).

On the instances it froze:
-the target: was a distant (non-neighbouring) ruler (once - a queen and TWICE before - a pope)
-multiple agents were used in the schemes that froze
___
I'm potentially re-reporting this as I have no idea whether any progress has been made on the issue since the initial reports. Back in ~February 2020.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• argh.ck3
    8,9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hi there!

Thank you very much for the report! I have logged a ticket in our database for further investigation.

Good luck on your future endeavors in CK3!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same issue. This has been a problem since launch. Is this ever going to get fixed? I would really like to just play with intrigue for multiple playthroughs and generations if possible without it getting bugged out.

The bug is still happening with the Royal court DLC and it's update.

It can be fix by restarting the exact same scheme ( re right click on the abductable character and abduct again ). You'll loose a scheme, but at least your character is not fucked up.

The bug is still happening with the Royal court DLC and it's update.

It can be fix by restarting the exact same scheme ( re right click on the abductable character and abduct again ). You'll loose a scheme, but at least your character is not fucked up.
Nevermind, sadly that fix works very occasionally. Paradox, help!