• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

communismwillwin

Recruit
4 Badges
Jan 9, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue
Game went observer mode after succession

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
My ruler died and was succeeded by his son game went into observer mode, n the warnings started flickering went back to main menu and tried loading back in but it gave me selection screen

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
it only occurs on succession

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Amaral_867_01_01.ck3
    36,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Amaral_1163_10_02.ck3
    36,4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
now i can only go back in by creating a new file. it was during my saga in stone campaign and im already in the year 1163. i would like to know if by loading a "new game" by selecting my character if i lose all the progress i had or if i keep it

Yep, had something similar / same last night. My ruler died, I got the Game Over screen for some reason and it showed that I'm viewing my player heir as AI.
I can actually goes for "continue as "my heir"" when i die

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    3,5 MB · Views: 0
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 0
Hey communismwillwin,

I just want to say that I'm sorry this happened to you. It can be extremely frustrating to lose progress like this. On a good note however, we had a few reports of this prior to yours. So it was already in our system and a fix is being worked on. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a report here, your save games are invaluable in troubleshooting the cause of bugs like this. I have added your data to our bug tracker and hopefully we will have a fix rolled out soon.

Good day to you!

This just happened to me for the second time. Here's the save game. I'm playing on Windows, purchased through Steam, version 1.3.1. No Mods.

EDIT: After I uploaded the save game I opened a copy and was able to select my character, like some people said above. I don't have the save game from the previous time so I don't know if it would have worked for that one also.

Attachments

• Ivaring_867_Ironman.ck3
    14,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This happens to me a fair bit, was worrying at first, but if you exit out to main menu, then press continue, you'll go to the leader selection screen, but it will be right where you left off, just select your heir and you're good to go. I generally play iron man, and it keeps my progress and achievement progression