Confirmed CK III - Game over caused by all titels being revoked by randomly genereted character

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bandeello

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
Short summary of your issue
Game over caused by all titels being revoked by randomly genereted character

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Playing as vassal of duke of Swabia,I declare war on my liege. Casus belli: claim duchy of swabia. After view months, with na reason, Game Over window apears. All my titles, as well as all of my lieges titles has been took by some new, generated character. I tried to play from last save, result is alaways the same: in the same day(23 july 1098) game over window pop up, becouse some random character took my realm! He or She has random traits and has no family, each time it is another person. Moreover, one of my son (legitimate child of my dynasty, but he isn't my primary heir and he isn't my vassal) still holds his title, but game does not allowed me to continue play.
edit:
With some luck I have found the way to continue! I managed to finish the war by winning single battle and taking my liege prisoner, before the game over day . After I have enforced demands and finish the war, the bug did not appear.
Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Just wait till 23 july 1098 using my save file

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game

Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• von_Hohenstaufen_1066_09_15.ck3
    9,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi there bandeello,

I took a look at your game file and while I can't say for sure the game ending is a bug, if there is a legitimate reason then it is not being communicated properly. And after playing through a few times I couldn't find any events that correlate or cause you to lose the titles. So I will push this through for further review on my end.

Thanks for filling out a report, cheers!