• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

max the husky

Recruit
Mar 2, 2021
Short summary of your issue Counties going independent when player character dies contrary to succession

Game Version 1.2.2

What OS are you playing on?
Mac

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
As Emperor of Brittania, prior to my death I confirm all titles will pass to my heir. But when I die, two of my personal holdings, Rome and Constantiople, instead pass to a random character not in the line of succession. Also, interestingly, a random German province (sungaru) also gains independence from Brittania on my death. I'm not understanding the mechanic that is causing these counties to pass out of my personal holdings and also to gain independence. The game is showing that my heir will inherit Rome and Constantinople but he does not. I'm wondering if there's some mechanic about provinces that are far away from your capital gaining independence on death that I'm not aware of??

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Included is a save file on January 31st. My character dies on February 1st (due to the perk in the learning tree giving me the 1 year advance warning). Load the save file, look around at the succession for Rome, Constantiople and the random German province in Britannia, and then run the clock one day to see what I mean.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I've included some screenshots of what succession looks like right before I die. If its not a bug, then there's a hidden mechanic that I'm missing.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Constantinoples line of succession prior to death.png
    Constantinoples line of succession prior to death.png
    428,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Constantiople after death.png
    Constantiople after death.png
    998,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Rome after death.png