Confirmed CK III - Counter Efficiency appears to increase how badly your MAA is countered, not the enemy's

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sandwich8

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Apr 3, 2017
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Short summary of your issue
Counter Efficiency appears to increase how badly your MAA is countered, not the enemy's

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Mac

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
See pictures. Player is on the left, AI on the right. Battle is between 200 Metsanvarija and 200 Light Horseman + 200 Skirmishers. Without any modifiers, both are only 55% effective. With the Envelopment Perk and the 4th Warfare Legacy, the player's MAA is now 37% effective while the AI's MAA is still 55% effective.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
I have attached two save files, with an imminent battle. The first has no counter efficiency modifiers, the second has +40% counter efficiency from a perk and from a legacy.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Countered1.PNG
    Countered1.PNG
    350,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Countering1.PNG
    Countering1.PNG
    279,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Countered2.PNG
    Countered2.PNG
    357,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Countering2.PNG
    Countering2.PNG
    287,9 KB · Views: 0
  • CounterEfficiency1.ck3
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • CounterEfficiency2.ck3
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
That... would explain a lot o_O
Now I finally know why my MAAs are often so badly countered...

Still bugged in 1.6.1.2

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Can confirm, it's bugged. Here is my Light Footmen with and without Envelopment Perk from Martial Lifestyle tree.

So it indeed makes my own army less effecient.

I found a quick fix.. in steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game\common\lifestyle_perks\00_martial_1_strategy_tree_perks.txt

Change counter_efficiency = 0.25

to counter_efficiency = -0.25

It will still not work as intended, but at least you will get a small buff to your maa if they are countered and perk will be somewhat usefull instead of outright handicapping you.

Attachments

• F2E7WvG.png
    F2E7WvG.png
    540,9 KB · Views: 0
  • pn24MZh.png
    pn24MZh.png
    630,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you for your report.
I was able to reproduce the issue from your description, and have flagged it for prioritisation in our database.

• 3Like
Reactions:
There is no modifier in the game file as far as I know that does EXACTLY what the tooltip says, the counter_efficiency modifier that is currently use by the game make your MAA more or less countered (and currently make your MAA countered even harder by the hostile MAA)

The solution to reverse the value with the counter_efficiency will not do the trick, it won't nerf the player but will only make your MAA less countered by enemies (wich is not what is described)