• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mynameisaw

Private
74 Badges
Dec 29, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Short summary of your issue CK3 - save game - cloud save reverted to old save

Game Version 1.0.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Windows Store

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Have an ironman game and it's not loading the most recent save, when I load in I've gone back 1 King and lost 30-40 years of progress. The save seems to still exist, as when I hover over the Resume button it shows the correct king, and the time i stopped playing last night. But when I click resume, it loads in a few decades back with the what should be now dead King.

Being on Game Pass I have no idea where it's saving cloud saves, only guides I can find show steamapps location.

No idea what's caused it (MS having a terrible gaming platform for PC would be my guess, why can't they use a normal install location like Steam?? this C:0 stuff is ridiculous and causes no end of problems with AV's) or even how to replicate it - my connection was solid (5g 120mbps+, 20-30ms latency, 0% packet loss) and I exited the game correctly and it stated "Saving..." on screen.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
I can't

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    219,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I am having this exact same issue. Happened twice now--played to the point where I was King last night, loaded today and it's my old Doux save. Played again, got up to Despot, quit. Loaded again, back to Doux. I'm also using GamePass, FWIW.

I am having this exact same issue. Happened twice now--played to the point where I was King last night, loaded today and it's my old Doux save. Played again, got up to Despot, quit. Loaded again, back to Doux. I'm also using GamePass, FWIW.

Okay so I found out a work around thanks to another thread on here - in \Users\You\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\ there is a file called "Last_save.ck3" which appears to be a back up of your last ironman save, if you copy and paste this in to \Users\You\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games you can load it to work around the cloud save messing up.

Unfortunately I don't think this will help you recover your old saves, as there's no previous versions of the last_save.ck3 file so if you kept playing it'll have overwritten it, but for future if this happens again - immediately tab out of the game, copy and paste last_save.ck3 (verify the save time is correct for when you quit the night before) to the save game folder, and you should be able to load in correctly. Unfortunately (Or fortunately I guess, given the bug) this will remove cloud saving from it.

I strongly suspect this is more of a Microsoft caused issue, I haven't seen anyone on Steam complaining about this and the entire Xbox platform on PC is a broken mess.

I have the exact same issue with one of my saves, noticed the cloud saves would update if I only progressed a couple of days before saving. It stopped working ~2 ingame weeks after the initial rollback date.