CK III - CK3 - Casus Belli - War against rebellious vassal instantly invalidated after declaration

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

soulhunter

Private
34 Badges
Oct 11, 2017
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Short summary of your issue CK3 - Casus Belli - War against rebellious vassal instantly invalidated after declaration

Game Version 1.0.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
An indirect vassal of mine cannot be imprisoned for his crime due to his rebellion instantly invalidating on the next game day.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Current character holds an Empire rank title (Carpathia). A vassal (count) of one of the dukes beneath me has the familial kinslayer modifier which allows me to righteously imprison and punish him. However when I go to imprison him (and fail because of his high intrigue) the rebellion war against me that starts as a result is instantly canceled and invalidated on the next in-game day. Tried imprisoning him several more times and the same issue happened. I later tried again after denouncing him as his dynasty head and the same problem persists.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I was finally able to get the war to stick around after I retracted vassalage of him from his current liege (my duke), making the kinslayer my direct vassal. So there seems to be an issue with an indirect vassal rebelling against the top liege of his realm. I'm sure a lot more testing would have to be done to confirm this. I'm playing on ironman so I cannot provide saves unfortunately.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20200907153301_1.jpg
    20200907153301_1.jpg
    818,6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I reported the same issue, maybe you can join your save file here. You can provide the "last_save.ck3" file in your main CK3 file, instead of 'save games'

Hey you're right it seems like you had the same problem (differing imprisonment criteria notwithstanding). I doubt my save is useful since I have already moved on past the issue and completed the war successfully but I'll provide it here regardless. The offending count is now in prison and returned to vassalage under his rightful liege duke.

Attachments

• arpad_867_ironman.ck3
    14,9 MB · Views: 0