CK III - CK III - Tribal Nation suddenly gets city and temple holdings in all provinces - Ver 1.2.2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nascimento

Recruit
27 Badges
Nov 8, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Short summary of your issue CK III - Tribal Nation suddenly gets city and temple holdings in all provinces - Ver 1.2.2

Game Version 1.2.2

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Playing Guinea Empire, haven't adopted feudal ways yet. When one of my tribal vassals takes the Adopt Feudal Ways decision, city and temple holdings appear in all counties inside my realm. This does not happen for other tribal nations that are not in my realm.

This should not happen as the holdings should only appear in the vassal's own realm.

I believe that the bug is the following:
When a tribal vassal takes the Adopt Feudal Ways decision the game incorrectly grants city and temple holdings to all tribal counties in the liege's realm, instead of just in the holdings of the character that took the Adopt Feudal Ways Decision.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
From the save file provided, change character to ID 16829438. Take the Adopt Feudal Ways decision.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I believe that this bug will happen anytime a tribal vassal takes the Adopt Feudal Ways decision.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Bug Detail.png
    Bug Detail.png
    4,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Right After Bug.png
    Right After Bug.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • Right Before Bug.png
    Right Before Bug.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • Holdings Bug Months Before.ck3
    19,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Holdings Bug Right Before.ck3
    19,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these links.

I read through both threads and went back and did some more testing. I believe I figured out the issue.

The day before the bug happened one of my vassals adopted feudal ways. I already had feudal vassals, but they were granted land that was previously clan, and so did not click the Adopt Feudal Ways button.

From the console I changed characters to my vassal that was able to feudalize. The moment I took the decision to go feudal, city and temple holdings were added to all counties in the whole empire.

Thus, the bug is the following. When a tribal vassal to a tribal liege takes the Adopt Feudal Ways decision the game incorrectly grants city and temple holdings to all counties in the liege's realm, instead of just in the vassal's realm.

I'm updating the bug report accordingly.

Actually, I could start a new game in 867 as the count of Ta'if and immediately swear fealty to the Abbasid Empire and 9 months later like clockwork I would get temples and cities in my tribal realm. Seems that when any vassal of a liege adopts feudal/clan ways from their liege it processes the upgrades for all tribal vassals of that liege.

When the decision to adopt feudal ways happens, the game probably iterates through every county in the liege's realm and if that county is tribal, adds temple and/or city holdings to the county. It should instead just iterate through the holdings of the character that took the decision.