Confirmed CK III - Can't "Revoke Lease" of foreign religion Holy Order in a county I conquered.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mhuitt0000

Private
Nov 22, 2021
Short summary of your issue
Can't "Revoke Lease" of foreign religion Holy Order in a county I conquered.

Game Version
Newest Steam version with Royal Court

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
I conquered the County of Annandale (next to Galloway Duchy in England) from the Norse. There's only two developments allowed (barony and city). The barony is mine but the city belongs to the Viking Holy Order Jomsvikings. I have no option to remove them. There is no "Revoke Lease" next to the Grandmaster's portrait in the city view (as there is with the Order of Saint Patrick I have in other cities/baronies). So I'm stuck with them.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Conquer a county with a foreign religion Holy Order.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Holy Order Bug.txt
    215 bytes · Views: 0
  • 11Like
Reactions:
Short summary of your issue
Can't "Revoke Lease" of foreign religion Holy Order in a county I conquered.

Game Version
Newest Steam version with Royal Court

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
I conquered the County of Annandale (next to Galloway Duchy in England) from the Norse. There's only two developments allowed (barony and city). The barony is mine but the city belongs to the Viking Holy Order Jomsvikings. I have no option to remove them. There is no "Revoke Lease" next to the Grandmaster's portrait in the city view (as there is with the Order of Saint Patrick I have in other cities/baronies). So I'm stuck with them.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Conquer a county with a foreign religion Holy Order.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game

No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached
There actually is a solution which is kind of simple; first, you must revoke the county from the current vassal if your vassal is either a king or duke, it won't be a big problem because you will only have to temporarily retract that title/county with the barony that has the lease order. It can either be a castle barony or city barony. The main reason why you can't revoke it is because you are technically not the holder of the barony with the lease because technically the mayor or baron is the holder of the particular barony. In order to fix the issue, you must click on the actual title of the barony and then you will see the real holder. Then, click on that baron or baroness or mayor and temporarily grant them a county that is yours and is available. Then, go back to the barony with the holy order lease and you will see the option to revoke because now you are the main holder of the barony! When you grant the mayor a county, you will see that they become "lord mayor" or "city lord", but don't worry because you can reclaim that county back with your patriarch even though it takes like 2 years to reclaim it back. When you grant the baron or mayor one of your current counties, he or she will automatically leave that barony. BUT ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT GRATING THEM THE COUNTY THAT HAS HIS OR HER CURRENT BARONY, IT MUST BE A DIFFERENT COUNTY. For example, if I hold the county of Kalipolis and it has a holy order lease with a hostile faith, I click on the barony or city title and I will see the real holder. I click on the holder and grant him or her a different county, the county of Burgas for example, and then I go back to the barony that he or she held and now I see that I am the current holder. Next, I go to the lease and I will have the choice to revoke it! Then, I reclaim back my county of Burgas with my patriarch and revoke the county away from that city lord without being viewed as a tyrannt.

I hope this information works!

I just Holy Warred for the Duchy of Holland and found a Jomsviking nest in Alkmaar. Catholic, owned Westfriesland directly, no button to revoke. Consoling to Ásatrú didn't help.

What did work was simply give_title b_alkmaar. Revoke button appeared and worked as intended, even as a Catholic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is still happening with Royal Court and all other DLC added.

I've tried to painstakingly take direct control of each county with a hostile/evil HO so I can expel the holy order (costing 500 piety, lots of vassal opinion, and maybe adding some tyranny every time). This doesn't even work every time. Sometimes there is just no option to expel the templars even when I own the county.

Reactions:
They did a little change but it is not fixed, you'll still need the unofficial patch (or any other mods that does the same thing) Just be sure it was sync with 1.18 changes

A year later and it's still a problem. Conquered a county, I hold the main barony, I can revoke the other barony and a temple (faith permitting), but the city is leased to a hostile holy order and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Hello!

This is 1 February 2023.

I see people (including myself) suffer from this same issue which is A YEAR OLD!!!

Here is a one year old birthday cake for your child named "Ridiculously Incompetence" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions:
@pdxhr Since you have been the one to bring forward the latest patch to this game and the many PDX staff mentioned haven't been any keen on addressing this problem, maybe you can be the one to put this confirmed bug on the map for a solution. It has been more than a year.

Reactions:
The same problem applies if you created the Holy Order yourself, gave them land, and then years later create a new religion. You now have no option of getting rid of the Holy Order from your land anymore.
Really? Just today after forging jomsvikings I converted to islam, and lease could be revoked by clicking button on castle view. Now question is, are jomsvikings special case, or it's because they were in castle holding.

Reactions:
Really? Just today after forging jomsvikings I converted to islam, and lease could be revoked by clicking button on castle view. Now question is, are jomsvikings special case, or it's because they were in castle holding.

You generally can revoke orders in holdings in your immediate possession, meaning you own the county and the barony.

However, when you are not the immediate ruler, having vassals being on the immediate possession, you can't revoke the leases in your domain. You'd have to incur in tyranny for revoking the vassals title and then revoke the lease, witch makes no sense, since you are the top liege and allowing hostile holy orders inside your territory is absurd. If you are an Emperor, you might have to revoke vassal grants and then vassal titles to revoke a single holy order, incurring in double tyranny.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You generally can revoke orders in holdings in your immediate possession, meaning you own the county and the barony.

However, when you are not the immediate ruler, having vassals being on the immediate possession, you can't revoke the leases in your domain. You'd have to incur in tyranny for revoking the vassals title and then revoke the lease, witch makes no sense, since you are the top liege and allowing hostile holy orders inside your territory is absurd. If you are an Emperor, you might have to revoke vassal grants and then vassal titles to revoke a single holy order, incurring in double tyranny.
Seems like a reasonable price to pay

Reactions:
Seems like a reasonable price to pay
I disagree. Getting in a war against a Vassal for wanting to revoke an hostile holy order entrenched in your realm is absurd. But trolls gonna troll, I guess.

This has been confirmed to be a bug, not a feature. Maybe @JiNouvA can bring this bug to the attention of the devs. It should be simple enough to allow top lieges to revoke hostile holy orders in their vassals land.

Reactions:
The means in which this keeps happening to me is that I conduct a Holy War and conquer and area which has a Hostile/Evil Holy Order within it. I get the counties, but the game assigns new permanent "owners" of my faith and culture for the affected cities, but the foreign hostile/evil Holy Order still holds the lease. I have to do the trick as outlined above to give the brand new "permanent" city owners a county somewhere so I can then revoke the lease.

It's not working as intended. And there is no decision to do anything about it.

Reactions:
The means in which this keeps happening to me is that I conduct a Holy War and conquer and area which has a Hostile/Evil Holy Order within it. I get the counties, but the game assigns new permanent "owners" of my faith and culture for the affected cities, but the foreign hostile/evil Holy Order still holds the lease. I have to do the trick as outlined above to give the brand new "permanent" city owners a county somewhere so I can then revoke the lease.

It's not working as intended. And there is no decision to do anything about it.
I guess for now, after every holy war, or any war with other faiths, we have to check all new counties for leases before handing them to vassals. There seems to be no other way.

Reactions: