• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SofkingSWAG

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Short summary of your issue
Cant attack enemy raiders

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The Norse raider just raided my county in England and I have tried to move my troops to attack them. However, the battle was not happened even both army were standing in the same county. I just watched the raiders robbed my entire country and cant do anything to stop them. They were like a neutral army but raiding my stuffs.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
I want to fucking kill those invaders instead of watch them to rape my villages

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
idk

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• autosave_exit.ck3
    64,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 14Like
Reactions:
I appreciate your letting us know the fix is being worked on. Is there any chance we could have some detail on when a hotfix is coming? It's incredibly frustrating not knowing when I'll be able to satisfactorily play the new content I've paid for. The fact of the matter is this should be a high priority and relatively easy fix, seeing as how there was already a functioning system to be rolled back to that the new changes broke.

Leaving your freshly released DLC broken knowingly without communicating when customers might expect it to be functioning is not good business. Especially when the fact that it was broken should have been evident from the outset.
It's so frustrating having the flavour pack installed, but facing bugs (three at least) that make it unplayable.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's so frustrating having the flavour pack installed, but facing bugs (three at least) that make it unplayable.
I stopped playing when I ran into this one, but as I said in my first comment in this thread it doesn't surprise me there are other big bugs if their QA process missed something this self evident. If you don't mind my asking what are the other two bad ones you're speaking of? I ask so that I can keep track of when this game might be worth playing via change logs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Pretty sure this glitch specifically applies to vassal raiders. I don't want to steer the developers in the wrong direction, but all of the photos posted are raiders from counties that start with a liege. Likewise, I was able to attack raiders from the High Chiefdom of Estonia (an independent duchy-tier realm) yesterday, but now I have vassal raiders from the Chiefdom of Osel (vassal under the High Chiefdom of Livonia) that I cannot attack. It could also be that county-level raiders are immune, while duchy-tier raiders are not.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Please give us an update on when the patch will be releasing, as I've started two games where both were ruined bc of this bug. The DLC is amazing, if only it wasn't bugged..

Edit: Even worse is the thought that people trying this game for the first time for free this week, will be introduced to this.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Considering their community ambassadors have started replying to threads again whilst ignoring this one, I imagine it will be their usual "total radio silence right up until the hotfix drops" which is just such a weird communications policy, and without getting too over the top feels honestly disrespectful to their paying customers. If the bug is more complicated than it appears on a surface level and they're going to need a couple of days to fix it, fine that's how it is - but why not actually tell us that instead of leaving everyone in the dark about when they should plan to set some time aside to be able to properly play the game they've bought?

Maybe they don't know when it will be patched, but that would probably be more worrying than any other explanation. It's not like we're talking about a console game that needs to pass cert (clearly - see: this thread).

• 3Like
Reactions:
Same exact issue, playing as Estonia. Have had 3 raiders enter my held provinces, was only able to fight 1 of the 3. Gamebreaking bug for playing a smaller ruler.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also, a large number of my characters have suddenly gone bald. This glitch is appllied retoactively to my dead half-brother, who was hirsute in life. My king has gone bald and so has his wife and all of his concubines. I'd say the majority of characters in my region are bald with some holdouts. Very weird stuff. The inexplicable baldness plague runs from my kingdom on the Baltic down to at least the Caucasus. Cursory inspection sees less baldness the further west in Europe you go.
This was mentioned in the patch notes as a known problem when continuing games from 1.2.x.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Welp.. as much as I was enjoying the game, I guess I won't be touching it until this shit gets fixed. 4 times this has happened to me now on the same playthrough.. I get raided, lose an amazing councillor, replace them as best I can, and then as soon as the timer resets I get raided again and lose even more of my shit without the chance to defend myself! Can't play like that.. I refuse to play like that. Hope that hotfix comes through soon!

Reactions:
Still having this issue. Very disappointing to have this issue with the content pack. The new features were going to make playing as Norse a lot more exciting but this bug has really knocked the wind out of that by buggering up the entire raiding mechanic.

Pretty sure this glitch specifically applies to vassal raiders. I don't want to steer the developers in the wrong direction, but all of the photos posted are raiders from counties that start with a liege. Likewise, I was able to attack raiders from the High Chiefdom of Estonia (an independent duchy-tier realm) yesterday, but now I have vassal raiders from the Chiefdom of Osel (vassal under the High Chiefdom of Livonia) that I cannot attack. It could also be that county-level raiders are immune, while duchy-tier raiders are not.
Following this up with my experience playing as Mon, independent tribal Irish counties were raising non-hostile armies to fight my raiders and disbanded them after arriving and being unable to fight. I was able to fight raiders that came into my province but I couldn't pick a fight with anyone else.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It literally ruin the game. For your realm but also for AI. AI vassals are running around raiding everything freely it doesn't make any sense. Independent rulers are perma stuck with raided counties. I like the game way too much to play it as it is now. I'll wait for a fix to enjoy the new content hopefully.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still having this issue. Very disappointing to have this issue with the content pack. The new features were going to make playing as Norse a lot more exciting but this bug has really knocked the wind out of that by buggering up the entire raiding mechanic.

Following this up with my experience playing as Mon, independent tribal Irish counties were raising non-hostile armies to fight my raiders and disbanded them after arriving and being unable to fight. I was able to fight raiders that came into my province but I couldn't pick a fight with anyone else.

It literally ruin the game. For your realm but also for AI. AI vassals are running around raiding everything freely it doesn't make any sense. Independent rulers are perma stuck with raided counties. I like the game way too much to play it as it is now. I'll wait for a fix to enjoy the new content hopefully.

yes it does not make any sense the raiding. I told it also a long time ago to prdx. The raiding should be a quicker thing and once someone has fortifications a warning should pop up that asks do you want to continue to raid this it will take more time.
Also if you have light cavalry they should help you spot a raiding force.
I feel paradox has given up on the creativity and also proper balancing, unfortunately i also notice this with hoi4.
I pray to god stellaris stays somewhat OK. Pls prdx let your brain work and come up with gameplay innovations and better ai - more realistic balance.

Well yet another day has passed for me and Paradox's new DLC is still broken, and still no word from them on whether a hotfix even exists let alone on when it might come. For whatever reason your management won't seem to care enough to offer any communication, but you should be truly embarrassed for how this has been handled if you work for them. Your moderators are locking threads on this issue and that just makes you look all the more insecure about your inability to properly play test your game. Obviously people want to discuss the thing preventing them from playing, trying to stamp that out is just petty - but I guess we can't risk new players stumbling by the forums and seeing how utterly hopeless the idea of playing CK3 bug free seems to be at current.

If you think whatever you're doing now is a good communications strategy you are sadly mistaken. Fix your game and be straightforward about when you are going to do it, that's not a lot to ask.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It's not the DLC so much as the patch that dropped alongside it I expect, but for most intents and purposes they're the same. You can roll back to the previous patch via Steam settings for functional raiding vassals, but the new DLC won't work with that patch apparently.