• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JaJe

Sergeant
18 Badges
Feb 4, 2018
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Short summary of your issue Bug/exploit on polygamous faith and betrothal marriage

Game Version 1.2.2

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Playing as a random nation from Africa with Siguism faith, with polygamous faith. My ruler died and I play as the heir which had a betrothal active so I wanted to find secondary wives for my now ruler and I found out that the first adult wife becomes the primary wive, kicking out the betrothal and still have an active alliance with the neighbour ruler because of the betrothal without suffering any negative effects like breaking betrothal.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
- Have a polygamous faith so you can have multiple wives
- Don't have any primary or secondary wives
- Betrothal a random person from another ruler and you can have alliance for a promise of a future marriage.
- THEN, marry a adult.

Result: you're no longer betrothed with that person and you don't suffer any kind of negative effects yet you still have that alliance active and have that adult wive as primary wife.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Just have betrothal and then find a secondary wife.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• autosave.ck3
    49,4 MB · Views: 0
Just to add to this, if you are polygamous, and betrothed to someone, taking another wife will cancel the betrothal. This happened to me as an Irish Insular ruler more than once, after I already had a primary wife.

Greetings!

Thank you for sending your couriers to us with this information. Our trained craftsmen are working on letting you marry the intended person in the way that you wished. I certainly hope that after these changes you could live happily ever after with the wives of your choice!

Godspeed.