CK III - AI Scripting - During wars involving only AI parties, the AI will sometimes raise armies but not move them

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Navarre85

Recruit
7 Badges
Feb 28, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue AI Scripting - During wars involving only AI parties, the AI will sometimes raise armies but not move them

Game Version 1.2.2

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
One of my sub-vassals started a war on their liege (my direct vassal). At the beginning of the war, both parties raised their armies, however neither party has moved their armies at all since then or engaged in the war in any way. This has been the case for 3 in-game years.

Their war is preventing me from starting other wars in the area. For example, I cannot use my vassal's (Duke of Ulster) de jure claim on the county of Ulster as a casus belli while he is engaged in his current claim war with his vassal. And since I can't ask the aggressor to stop his war since he's not my direct vassal (I can ask the defender to surrender, but then he'd lose his title), there's no way for me to force the war to resolve.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Not sure how to reproduce the issue. There was no major changes to the liege-vassalage structure of my kingdom prior to the war. The AI parties were acting normally prior to the war.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Save game files are attached for:

- The time the screenshot was taken (1161_08_15)
- Approximately a year prior to the war declaration (1157_11_30) - this is the closest save I had prior to the beginning of the war

Screenshot of the war screen 3 years after declaration is also attached

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• High_King_Murchad_of_Ireland_1157_11_30.ck3
    16,2 MB · Views: 0
  • High_King_Murchad_of_Ireland_1161_08_15.ck3
    16,5 MB · Views: 0
  • CK3 AI Armies Not Moving During War.jpg
    CK3 AI Armies Not Moving During War.jpg
    749,1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
In case it is of any assistance, I did eventually start a war with the Viking dude who held the Scottish Isles, and that finally got my vassals to start moving their armies as they got attacked by the Viking armies running around. After that they resolved their civil war successfully.