• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrh000

Recruit
Dec 20, 2020
Short summary of your issue 1.2.2 No way to revoke barony from a foreign holy order

Game Version 1.2.2

What OS are you playing on?
Linux

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Some baronies in my recently conquered counties were leased to a christian holy order. I am a reformed pagan and there is no way to revoke baronies from them.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Conquer a county which has baronies, leased to another religion.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Reactions:
Upvote 0
To clarify: the county was conquered by "Invasion" casus belli. It was given ti me and the barony was given to a generated low noble (mayor) of my religion. Looks like AI mayor could not revoke the lease. I could not revoke title from the mayor either (it was not shown in list of titles, that could be revoked)

I switched to debug version and used "give_title barony_id". After that the revocation button appeared and I was able to revoke the barony lease.
But I have other pagan vassals and they can not (or do not try to) revoke leased baronies, even during the holy war...

To clarify: the county was conquered by "Invasion" casus belli. It was given ti me and the barony was given to a generated low noble (mayor) of my religion. Looks like AI mayor could not revoke the lease. I could not revoke title from the mayor either (it was not shown in list of titles, that could be revoked)

I switched to debug version and used "give_title barony_id". After that the revocation button appeared and I was able to revoke the barony lease.
But I have other pagan vassals and they can not (or do not try to) revoke leased baronies, even during the holy war...

if you grant this baronmayor land elsewhere he loses the barony title or you can revoke it. But not sure if thats how its supposed to work.

But hey, you can revoke your own Holy Orders.

The lack of being able to revoke HOs of other faiths is annoying.
well you can but not like it should work. grant this baron land somewhere else then he will free the barony and you can revoke wheter they are foreign or not

1617724202983.png

Took me some time to find it. This is my own holy order; so i am not sure if it works for you; but the button is there.

I am not OP but have encountered the same issue in the latest build 1.3.1. I am a reformed Slavic faith and cannot revoke any baronies leased to Holy orders of other religions in counties that I own. I have tried owning the barony directly as well as having the barony governed by another character. I am playing on iron man so I can't use the console.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just hit this same bug, I reformed the Norse faith and now there is no way to get back the cities and baronies held by the Jomsvikings. I can not revoke their lease nor can I attack them to get back the towns and castles.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.