• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slightlylooney

Recruit
16 Badges
Nov 26, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
One line summary of your issue
Version 3.2.1 (AZCE): Kingdom of England does not become titular

Game Version
3.2.1 (AZCE)

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Am playing as Norse Germanic Sweden. I waited for all duchies in the Empire of Britannia to become part of Sweden. Ireland, Scotland and Wales all became titular kingdoms but England did not. This is in spite of England having no listed de jure duchies. I also would periodically lose the title of King of England with the game stating that I held no de jure land in it.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Game was with the rule where you needed to hold de jure land to keep a title on.

All duchies in Britannia were held until they became de jure parts of Sweden. Last duchies to be absorbed were the ones in England. I did not become Emperor until after that point. The Kingdom of England is listed as having no de jure duchies but is not titular.

I admit to snapping up every kingdom title as I made my character Emperor but the Kingdom of England wasn't titular even then.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot01.jpg
    Screenshot01.jpg
    296,1 KB · Views: 7
  • Ironman01.ck2
    44,3 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I have independently encountered this bug in the latest (3.3.3 / SOHY) version of the game. I have also discovered its cause, and a work-around by modifying an uncompressed save file. I added a formal bug report to both attest that the bug still exists, and to explain why it happens and how to solve it. I also posted an explanation of the work-around I discovered in the main forum for other players to use in the mean time, under the title Solved (Sort of): Durham Blocks English Titularity.

That post explains the cause and work-around. The short version is that the Durham Palatine title, even if never extant or created in a given playthrough, is still counted by the game as a block to English titularity.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: