• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelTheSlav

Recruit
45 Badges
Dec 14, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
One line summary of your issue
Game doesn’t run thru Steam on Linux [3.3.5.1]

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
The Reapers Due, Horse Lords, Way of Life, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, Sword of Islam, Holy Fury

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game doesn’t run. I click the button to run it and it doesn’t start. There are indications that this is a problem with the libtbb.so.2 file, because after I substituted this file for one of the older versions I was able to run the game outside Steam. But I want to run it within Steam.

I’m attatching the terminal output from when I ran steam and attempted to run CK2 three times.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Get Linux
2. Get Steam
3. Buy CK2
4. Install CK2
5. Try to run CK2

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• fpafs.txt
    24,8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Upvote 0
One line summary of your issue
Game doesn’t run thru Steam on Linux [3.3.5.1]

Game should run on Linux, as far as i know.

If you want tech support, then you will only get that in the tech support subforum
or by opening a ticket at support directly
I prefer the subforums here.

Game should run on Linux, as far as i know.

If you want tech support, then you will only get that in the tech support subforum
or by opening a ticket at support directly
I prefer the subforums here.
Thanks for advice.

I thought (and still think) that this has something to do with the lib file, so I thought this qualified as a bug. But since then I tried running on my old laptop, and it works there. So you’re right, this is a tech support issue.

I’ve already made a submition directly at PDX support, but after I received a reply I realized why you prefer the subforum here. Can I now submit the same issue there as well?

Thanks for advice.

I thought (and still think) that this has something to do with the lib file, so I thought this qualified as a bug. But since then I tried running on my old laptop, and it works there. So you’re right, this is a tech support issue.

I’ve already made a submition directly at PDX support, but after I received a reply I realized why you prefer the subforum here. Can I now submit the same issue there as well?

Tech support usualy complains when contacting them at both places, so...you could try, but your thread here might get closed with
the comment of them already helping via ticket.
It's usualy the same person.

You shouldn't get into any trouble for that doubleposting, but it might not help you either.
Just do what you think is right.

All i know about Liniux here is that CK2 is supposed to be compatible for Ubuntu, but not guaranteed for other variants or so.
I'm the wrong person to ask here, as i have no clue about Linux.

In case they gave you a seemingly weird response by ticket, i'd simply recommend to try it again and reply with the hint that the reply wasn't
helpful and/or that you missed what they apparently tried to tell you and repeat your issue and maybe elaborate on it.

Since it works on the other laptop, i guess it could help to add info on the comp and OS it's not running on.

Launch issues on windows PCs are usualy related to fullscreen optimisation issues.
To test this you can edit settings.txt in Documents and change fullscreen to no and borderless to yes.
Another issue can be broken save files. Simply remove them (move/delete).
A general good fix attempt is to simply rename the CK2 folder in Documents and let it be recreated on start.
The only downside is that you still won't know what caused it. You can move mods and save game folders later on.
No idea if these issues also appear on Linux.

Last edited: