CK II - CKII - [3.3.3] All reformed pagan god names are not separated in the localization after restarting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bombenkrieger

Private
46 Badges
Oct 15, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
One line summary of your issue
[3.3.3] Hellenic EDIT: All reformed pagan god names are not separated in the localization after restarting

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
1. When playing as Hellenic, I became the Sword of "ZeusPoseidonHadesHeraDemetraAthenaAresHapheaestusAphrediteApolloArtemisHestia"
2. In certain events, the whole text gets mushed together and becomes unreadable because it is overlaid with all the god names
3. Localisation of gods seems to be broken in general.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Quickest way would be:
-Start off as an unreformed religion.
-Reform it
-Save and quit
-Return to your game
-Hover over your deities list and see that the commas and spaces are all removed and it's all mushed together

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• 20191028172053_1.jpg
    20191028172053_1.jpg
    836,4 KB · Views: 306
  • 20191028172354_1.jpg
    20191028172354_1.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 228
  • 20191028172655_1.jpg
    20191028172655_1.jpg
    809,5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm also seeing this, but it seems like it only loses the commas after a save and reload. Oddly.

edit: Looks like the god names are being put into the save game without spaces, so on a reload they all merge together.

Last edited:
It's a bug specific to the command that adds names to the gods list or evil gods list. Any time those commands are called, the religion's default gods list and/or default evil gods list becomes different from the default list, so the savegame has to store the new, non-default list for the religion. Problem is that when the game saves these names, it leaves out spaces separating them, so they get saved as one, long string, and when you load that save back up, well, you experience this bug.

I've seen a mod that tries to fix the issue by adding an extra space to the beginning or end of god names, which helps the first time the game is saved and then loaded, but the second time around, the names are once again smooshed together (the first save-load removes the extra space, the second save-load removes the space that prevents the god names from smooshing together).

The only way to fix this via mods is to override the whole process of loading god and evil god lists from savefiles, i.e. to set up a mod that constantly re-applies god names whenever the game is loaded. This is what we did in the Bastard1 release of HIP, though because of the many things that can modify the gods list and/or the evil gods list, we had to do a lot of reshuffling of the base game code as well.

In general, your gods name list and/or your evil god names list will change if you reform with Agnatic Clans, Enatic Clans, Holy Family, and/or Dawnbreakers, if you reform the Hellenic faith, or if you reform Aztec with Proselytizing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can we get a fix for this, please? I would love to reform hellenism and get the achievement of the borders of the Roman Empire.

Can we get a fix for this, please? I would love to reform hellenism and get the achievement of the borders of the Roman Empire.

The bug won't stop you from doing that; as best as I can tell it's just a display error, and won't have any other affect. It's just an annoyance (though IMO, a big annoyance).

I don't think the Hellenic religion is the only pagan religion that gets affected. Can't remember, but I am pretty sure other pagan religions are affected as well

Other pagan religions are affected if they make certain tenet selections that alter the god names; hellenism is always affected, because it (re)sets the god names based on the culture of the reforming character.

RIP. Came seeking answers and hopefully some solutions. This is absolutely so annoying, but I'm stupid about coding, so I'm sure it's not that easy to fix... I don't know! Ugh.... annoyed. I don't want to paly CK3 yet until I finish my Roman achievements in 2!

Anyone got any friends / devs they know at Paradox that could maybe work this one out and go live? LOL. With CK3 out now, I think CK2 is dead on patches.

Just go for the Roman achievements while playing a Christian faith or simply don't reform Hellenic after you revive it. I'm having lots of fun collecting as many Christian artifacts as I can right now since their opinion bonuses to my vassals make them quite overpowered in terms of realm stability and total obedience from my subjects.

It's like I'm using an Apple of Eden for world domination! Pagans have few useful artifacts by comparison.

This is such a trivial, easily noticeable bug that it should have been fixed ages ago. Paradox really just abandoned this game before CK III even came out. Considering they are known for supporting their games, this is very out of place for them. Maybe if I dislike the Steam page it will get faster? I'm obviously not trying to cancel CK II with a single dislike on the Steam page, but it sure is disappointing for this to happen in the first place

• 2Like
Reactions:
Paradox really just abandoned this game before CK III even came out.

Pretty much as soon as they started working on CK3 in-house tbh. Extremely rude.

• 1Like
Reactions: