CK II - CKII - [3.3.3] All reformed pagan god names are not separated in the localization after restarting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bombenkrieger

Private
46 Badges
Oct 15, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
One line summary of your issue
[3.3.3] Hellenic EDIT: All reformed pagan god names are not separated in the localization after restarting

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
1. When playing as Hellenic, I became the Sword of "ZeusPoseidonHadesHeraDemetraAthenaAresHapheaestusAphrediteApolloArtemisHestia"
2. In certain events, the whole text gets mushed together and becomes unreadable because it is overlaid with all the god names
3. Localisation of gods seems to be broken in general.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Quickest way would be:
-Start off as an unreformed religion.
-Reform it
-Save and quit
-Return to your game
-Hover over your deities list and see that the commas and spaces are all removed and it's all mushed together

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• 20191028172053_1.jpg
    20191028172053_1.jpg
    836,4 KB · Views: 306
  • 20191028172354_1.jpg
    20191028172354_1.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 228
  • 20191028172655_1.jpg
    20191028172655_1.jpg
    809,5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Are there even any workarounds for this?
View attachment 698443

Don't reform the pagan religions or convert to Christianity/Islam/whatever already organised religion is nearby. Since I couldn't roleplay reformed Hellenism like I wanted to intially, I took full control of Catholicism in my current Roman Empire playthrough.

As in, controlling the Pope, all cardinals, holy orders and having 90% of Christian/Jewish artifacts for massive stat boosts. Being the Pontifex Maximus of reformed Hellenism is no longer a concern or desire if I could still "cheese" my way towards absolute rule via Catholicism.

This will not help Ironman players, but it would seem a Steam Workshop mod fixes this issue.

The name of the mod is "Reformation: God Names fix"
(I hear posting links is not allowed here)

Reactions:
Just did an ironman Zun reformation and found out the hard way that this is STILL a bug. This can't be a hard localisation fix, and it's very noticeable and obstrusive looking, but it hasn't been fixed in two years?

Just did an ironman Zun reformation and found out the hard way that this is STILL a bug. This can't be a hard localisation fix, and it's very noticeable and obstrusive looking, but it hasn't been fixed in two years?
They stopped caring about fixing bugs in CK2 right about when they started working on CK3.

At this point, they really need to just open-source CK2 and let the community fix the leftover bugs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
....and let the community fix the leftover bugs.

The closest to it is the CleanSlate mod project by the CK2plus and co. brigade.
No idea if that specific issue is fixed as well, but would think so.

Was messing around to see what happens when I try x, and it appears that the bug is no longer happening for me, at least in-game. The names are still smooshed together when I use "load game" and examine it at the world summary screen, but when actually in the game they are properly separated and the nickname command doesn't give the overflow result. I didn't really do anything, but I can confirm that both hellenism and suomensko have worked correctly, even with 2 name changing doctrines applied. I have no idea what happened, my best guess is that something in the september 28 update either fixed the bug or allowed the Reformation: God Names Fix mod on steam to work again - can anyone else confirm this, or did I just get extremely lucky?

Was messing around to see what happens when I try x, and it appears that the bug is no longer happening for me, at least in-game. The names are still smooshed together when I use "load game" and examine it at the world summary screen, but when actually in the game they are properly separated and the nickname command doesn't give the overflow result. I didn't really do anything, but I can confirm that both hellenism and suomensko have worked correctly, even with 2 name changing doctrines applied. I have no idea what happened, my best guess is that something in the september 28 update either fixed the bug or allowed the Reformation: God Names Fix mod on steam to work again - can anyone else confirm this, or did I just get extremely lucky?
The problem always occurs after saving and loading.

Huh, odd. Like I said, no idea what if anything changed. I'm still subscribed to a fix mod on steam that stopped working a while ago - maybe something allowed it to start working again? Other than that no ideas. Only other atypical thing I did was add a nickname "sword of god" to my character to see if the name glitch still applied there. Just ran another test letting it run for a bit before a second save - stable names don't seem to wear off. I'll see if I can figure out anything more, but again my best guess is that the mod is working again for some inexplicable reason

Huh, odd. Like I said, no idea what if anything changed. I'm still subscribed to a fix mod on steam that stopped working a while ago - maybe something allowed it to start working again? Other than that no ideas. Only other atypical thing I did was add a nickname "sword of god" to my character to see if the name glitch still applied there. Just ran another test letting it run for a bit before a second save - stable names don't seem to wear off. I'll see if I can figure out anything more, but again my best guess is that the mod is working again for some inexplicable reason
The God names fix didn't stop working for me at any moment, when did it stop working for you?

Few months ago - hard to pinpoint but I think some time around march. Based on steam comments hit other people too after a paradox update - maybe the new one undid whatever was causing problems with the mod.

Yep, this is happening to me too in my Reformed Zunism game.

I know there's no point in replying to this, but maybe *someone* in Paradox will stumble across this and fix it. It's really really annoying.

You can half-fix it by completely removing the god_names and evil_god_names entries from the save file. This will make the religion use the default names, so hellenism will use roman god names and there is no resuffling of gods based on the tenets you took, but atleast you won't have garbled names.

If you want to 100% fix it you have to check the 00_customizable_localisation.txt file (localisation folder) for greek god name entries and then for example replace the GOD_SATURN with GOD_KRONOS in 00_religions.txt file (common folder). You have to do this for every greek god.

Last edited:
Necroing this because I too have this issue after all these years. I'm linking my negative review in the hopes that Paradox sees it and it draws their attention. Feel free to leave your own reviews.