• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hulkninja

Private
71 Badges
Dec 25, 2012
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
One line summary of your issue
CK2 3.3.2 (IIVC) Reformed Zunist god names are all messed up

Game Version
3.3.2 (IIVC)

What expansions do you have installed?
Jade Dragon,
Monks & Mystics,
The Reapers Due,
Conclave,
Horse Lords,
Way of Life,
Charlemagne,
Rajas of India,
Sons of Abraham,
The Old Gods,
The Republic,
Legacy of Rome,
Sword of Islam,
Holy Fury, All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I painstakingly reformed the Zunist faith as a Zunbil Afghan Shah. After quitting and reloading the save, all the god names are smushed together, creating a massive eyesore.
I am playing on Ironman and would love to have a solution for this issue that doesn't involve throwing the whole save away or breaking Ironman.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Reform Zunist faith, use Dawnbreakers, Temporal leadership, Unyielding, and Bloodthirsty gods. Save, exit, and then load the game. Now all the gods are conglomerated into one massive divine blob.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• 20200207180056_1.jpg
    20200207180056_1.jpg
    711,4 KB · Views: 46
Known issue. Changing any of the God or Evil God names lists causes the game to save the entire, new list to your savefile, but the game saves the names without spaces in between them. When you load the game back up, the game reads this smooshed-together list of names as one, big name (no spaces, remember), and the result is what you see.

I've had the same problem, and I haven't changed anything in the game files.

Known issue. Changing any of the God or Evil God names lists causes the game to save the entire, new list to your savefile, but the game saves the names without spaces in between them. When you load the game back up, the game reads this smooshed-together list of names as one, big name (no spaces, remember), and the result is what you see.

I realise the issue is known, but I'm still hoping to see it fixed. Couldn't find any statement from Paradox addressing this.
Oh well, guess I'll go for the achievement and then delete the save. Having a character with the nickname "Sword of ZUN_THESUNGOD_THEJUSTICEGIVERBlahBlahBlahadabla" is awful.

We currently have no planned patches for CK2 in the near future.
I'll make sure that relevant people are being made aware of the issue, and maybe, just maybe, this issue could be resolved.

I'll make sure that relevant people are being made aware of the issue, and maybe, just maybe, this issue could be resolved.
Thank you, this bug is particularly bad for the Hellenic reformation too, and considering that pagan reformation is a major feature of Holy Fury, it would be sad to have it be ruined by leaving this be unsolved

Would be nice if you did that for all of the currently outstanding bugs in the game, some of which are quite annoying.

Yeah, right.

Tbh I'd rather see them iron out the last few major bugs than release more Monarch's Journey characters while we wait for CK3. What we can do if they decide not to is let our wallets speak for us. PDX has been mostly awesome over the years, but if they are in fact slowly morphing into an uncaring AAA dev/publisher, like Bethesda and so many others did before them, then money will be the only language they speak. I do however still believe that they can and will release some final fixes and adjustments for CK2, ending development on it in the best way possible.

This is like when Bethesda said they weren’t planning on doing anything about canvas bags not being properly delivered.

Tbh I'd rather see them iron out the last few major bugs than release more Monarch's Journey characters while we wait for CK3. What we can do if they decide not to is let our wallets speak for us. PDX has been mostly awesome over the years, but if they are in fact slowly morphing into an uncaring AAA dev/publisher, like Bethesda and so many others did before them, then money will be the only language they speak. I do however still believe that they can and will release some final fixes and adjustments for CK2, ending development on it in the best way possible.

I'm not buying CK3 for this reason.

Still nothing..?

Damn.

Was hoping the devs would let CK2 go out with some dignity, even if it meant CK3 had to be delayed.
And the current release date is my birthday, so if that doesn't tell you how much I care about CK2, I don't know what will.

You've changed, Paradox.

• 1Like
Reactions: